TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The Mayhem That Is Board Time...

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Okay, so with the board switch, it looks like board time has switched again, to be 4 hours ahead of US Eastern. This'd be just lovely for Divefire if he were still around, but it doesn't do the rest of us much good.

If we're going to all just leave the board settings natural, we really need to have the due times reflect it. Or, we could all just change it to, say eastern US time, and go by that.

Thoughts? It'd be easiest to just leave it, and make sure the bookers remember. WF cards always seem to be scheduled for noon board time, but this has gone from meaning 3 in the afternoon on the east coast at IGN to meaning 10 in the morning on the east coast to now meaning what looks like 8 in the morning. The shows always go up in the wee hours anyway, so the due dates should reflect it, neh? Same goes for us JL guys.

Guest redbaron51

I think it would be best if it was the same back as in IGN when it was PST, it'll be the best for most of us.

I also agree about using the EST as well

Guest Longdogger_Pete

For the record, in your board settings you can change board time so that it displays the time in your own time zone or whatever time zone you'd like it to have.

Unfortunately that also causes everyone to stray from a universal "board time" to get matches in with. So maybe we should set deadlines to a particular time zone.

Guest HVilleThugg

I agree with picking a time zone more suitable. It really doesn't matter which one it is...just within the 4 US time zones. This 8am crap won't fly.

Da "ain't flyin' no where" H

Guest SupaTaft

Hey, since we are discussing the new board (which I must say looks all right), then I'll post my problems here. I cannot see all of the posts in a thread. I went to reply to a topic and it showed like 5 other replys that arent visible on the main topic. I also cant see anything that I've posted either. I know next to nothing about electronics so this is quite scary to me. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

-Taft

Guest KingOfOldSchool
Hey, since we are discussing the new board (which I must say looks all right), then I'll post my problems here. I cannot see all of the posts in a thread. I went to reply to a topic and it showed like 5 other replys that arent visible on the main topic. I also cant see anything that I've posted either. I know next to nothing about electronics so this is quite scary to me. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

-Taft

There's nothing wrong with your computer, or anything like that. During the Smarkboard transfer to this new version, a number of posts were lost.

I shouldn't say 'lost' though. Because if you go to the actual reply screen where you enter messages, and scroll down, the lost messages should be there... except user names will be replaced by random numbers and letters.

I know nothing about the code of this board. But I guess some bug isn't letting these same posts show up in the normal topic view. Every folder on the Smarkboard is experiencing this to some capacity.

On to the time zone debate. We should just have the SWF and SJL both adhere to Pacific Time when determining when matches should be due. It'd be just as easy to say Eastern, but whatever, PT just popped into my head first.

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"I don't care.

I don't use the boards to find out what time it is.

If you gotta' change it...use central time! Nowhere ever uses central time and I always get screwed living here in Manitoba.

Mothernature says, that's a sad story Stubby..."

Guest midnight_burn

Or we could set it to Eastern Australian time.

Screw the rest of you, it would be good for me, and that's all that matters.

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Hmmm...

...they have clocks in Australia now?

Mothernature says...how far they've come..."

Guest Grand Slam

I agree with those saying to start using a standard time. I say either Eastern or Pacific, those seem to be the easiest to do.

Of course, being in the Eastern Time Zone myself, I might be a little biased.

Guest Ace309

Eastern Time Zone in da hizzo, biatch!

REPRESENT!

and with that, Tom established himself as the whitest person ever to post on these boards.

Guest kelloggs

Word Flesher,

And shit I'm 4-years All American Divison 1 A sucka. Your meaningless NCAA Championships are nothing to the Franchise. As a matter of fact me thinks I'll update my stats with all of those accomplishments. Can't be a true Franchise with out them ;)

Oh yeah go Eastern time

Guest Renegade

ok, question here, what time is it eastern? accourding to the board its 4:11pm right now...