TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Is it possible to use your DVD/CD burner to death?

Ok, here's what happened. I was burning some wrestling shows to DVD, one day, and suddenly, without warning, my DVD burner stopped burning all the data to DVD, and stopped working altogether. I'm thinking that I probably used my DVD burner to death. Although, a young man named, Nick says that the laser might be dirty. Does anyone in this folder know what could be the problem?

I bought this new cleaning disk from Wal-Mart, and I think that either I need to get a new burning system, as the burner isn't responding to the cleaning disk, or I may be missing one small detail. What should I do?

Ok, here's what happened. I was burning some wrestling shows to DVD, one day, and suddenly, without warning, my DVD burner stopped burning all the data to DVD, and stopped working altogether. I'm thinking that I probably used my DVD burner to death. Although, a young man named, Nick says that the laser might be dirty. Does anyone in this folder know what could be the problem?

DVD burning die out. The die out especially quickly if you use it as a DVD reader also.

You want to use the DVD Rom drive (if you have a separate one) to read DVD's and use the burner for burning only.

It's like any piece of electronics, after a while or heavy use it can just crap out. But like Cowboy said, if your using it to read DVD's as well as burn them, then that can only speed up the process.