TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Raw Is Cena - January 28, 2008

HHH vs Orton at WM is still on

No. It's going to be Triple H-Cena II. There's no way they won't put Cena in the main event. Not to mention that they usually like to deliver fresh matches or prolonged rematches and Orton has wrestled both Cena and Triple H within the past year.

Actually, you have 4 faces (and two heels who have zero chance of winning the chamber). Yeah, Orton winning at NWO...probably by a run-in by someone costing Cena the title (have no idea...Batista?). Orton (hell) vs. HHH (face). Book it and lock it.

huh?

No, it's Triple H-Cena II.

sigh and cena picks up right where he left off when he got injured...same old boring shit. i truly hope everyone boos the hell out of him even more now every week but I know this was probably just the philly crowd doing their thing. I so want them to turn him heel because my level of disgust for him at this point with him being a face is that of hogan back in the day. the guy's character needs a make over in the worst way.

i've never been a fan of cena but he was at least midly entertaining when he was a heel. as a face...good god he was horrible a year or two ago..now it's just disgusting. I don't know whats worse...seeing him dominate everyone with his moves of doom which are just lame or hearing jr wet his pants over them.

why is he the one that is able to come back so early from a supposedly long recovery time injury : :(

Thank god they had the common sense to realize Cena vs. Orton is a really shitty WM main event. That said, for some reason I just can't see Cena flat out winning at No Way Out. It's possibly even more bullshit than him just showing up and winning the Rumble. If he just shows up and wins the Rumble, then shows up and gets the belt back without any real struggle....fans will boo him till the end of time. I can buy that 3 way idea actually, but the whole idea of jobbing a champ out at No Way Out only works when that guy has a ready made match (i.e. Angle vs. Benoit in 2001, or Lesnar vs. Goldberg in 2004). Orton really doesn't have much to do otherwise.

Thank god they had the common sense to realize Cena vs. Orton is a really shitty WM main event. That said, for some reason I just can't see Cena flat out winning at No Way Out. It's possibly even more bullshit than him just showing up and winning the Rumble. If he just shows up and wins the Rumble, then shows up and gets the belt back without any real struggle....fans will boo him till the end of time. I can buy that 3 way idea actually, but the whole idea of jobbing a champ out at No Way Out only works when that guy has a ready made match (i.e. Angle vs. Benoit in 2001, or Lesnar vs. Goldberg in 2004). Orton really doesn't have much to do otherwise.

Orton could just as easily make another comment about being the best thing to ever come out of Evolution during a interview at NWO and Batista just so happens to be in the area and refutes that claim. There's your set up to Orton-Batista, whom are both otherwise left in the dark for WM.

Orton could just as easily make another comment about being the best thing to ever come out of Evolution during a interview at NWO and Batista just so happens to be in the area and refutes that claim. There's your set up to Orton-Batista, whom are both otherwise left in the dark for WM.

If Orton, Batista, and Triple H all have matches at WM, will it have to be HBK that faces Flair? I can't think of anybody else they would let retire him. I wouldn't mind HBK vs Flair, but I figured HBK would make a good opponent for JBL, unless JBL goes back to Smackdown to face Rey or ECW to face Punk.

On a personal level, I'd like to see Cody get that retirement spot. It would take a complete reversal of fortune and a massive push for him to get that distinction, obviously, but something about Flair losing to a Rhodes sounds like a good idea to me, at least over "I'm going to quit wait maybe not" Carlito and "I never used ster-what, I'm suspended again?" Kennedy.

Unrelated note, MVP/Flair was a spectacular match at the Rumble, so MVP/Flair II I would have no problem with.

I think they can go one of two ways for WM, but they both suck..

Option 1 - Cena beats Orton easily. HHH has to cheat circa Austin at WM X-7 levels to win the Elimination Chamber and turn him heel. They can do Cena/HHH effectively with fun loving DX HHH.

Option 2 - Orton murders the crap out of Cena. HHH barely squeaks out a win in the chamber.

Now Im left to wonder who Edge will face at NWO/WM. Doesnt it make the Smackdown method of choosing the #1 contender seem like crap when RAW gets the EC to decide? Lets have another BEAT THE CLOCK CHALLENGE!..but this time Batista and taker finish with identical times! OH MY

And I think with Flair at WM, it needs to be a double retirement match..ie whoever loses retires, not just Flair.

Cody Rhodes ending Ric Flair's career would probably make me stop watching forever. Cody Rhodes is more fucking bland and boring than french fries without salt. His career will go nowhere and only gets the opportunities he's getting because he's Duthty's Rhodths THUN, IF YOU WEE-UL.

After watching RAW last night, with their current booking, and Jeff Hardy's "this is just the beginning" comment, it seems like they have to put Jeff Hardy in the Wrestlemania main event. He came *this* close to beating Orton, and all the No Way Out promotional material is based around him. I think WWE realizes they fucked up at the Rumble, and are going to give Hardy his day in the sun at Wrestlemania in front of 70,000 people. I just hope they do the right thing in regards to letting Hardy win, and challenge Orton one last time. Give it a "last chance" stipulation where if Hardy doesn't win, he never gets another shot regardless of who the champion may be.

I love these new studio videos.

Ha, gotta love JBL's little stock thing at he bottom of his video.

"PYRO: ^" got a legit laugh from me when I saw it.

I stand corrected on Cena tonight. No terrible toilet humour, no equally terrible homo humour, no salute, only one 'can't see me' gesture. They just gave him a microphone and let him talk about his injury and be himself. I was pleasantly surprised.

After watching RAW last night, with their current booking, and Jeff Hardy's "this is just the beginning" comment, it seems like they have to put Jeff Hardy in the Wrestlemania main event. He came *this* close to beating Orton, and all the No Way Out promotional material is based around him. I think WWE realizes they fucked up at the Rumble, and are going to give Hardy his day in the sun at Wrestlemania in front of 70,000 people. I just hope they do the right thing in regards to letting Hardy win, and challenge Orton one last time. Give it a "last chance" stipulation where if Hardy doesn't win, he never gets another shot regardless of who the champion may be.

I was either thinking that, or he comes close but loses again but only gets stronger from the loss, and gives it one more try with Money in the Bank. Of course that means his title win won't be at WM (unless he cashes in the same night) but this seems like it could be another possible scenario.

Whatever their supposed plan is for wrestlemania, i don't see why they couldn't stick hardy in there for a 3 way. As others have posted news bits on, there is a big bush for him back stage to get the title with steph being the main obstacle keeping that from happening. (god i can't stand her on so many levels and there is just another reason). who gives a shit what their plans are if they fans are over overwhelming wanting something else?

One of the biggest wrestlemania moments ever, and certainly one of the most emotional i think, was benoit winning the title. (of course that memory is up in flames) but with hardy, you have another chance to get that moment back. The fans would react much the same way making for a special moment. Steph and company are insane if they pass it up.

I think it could be epic if Hardy wins MITB at WM and cashes it in later that night to win the title. However for it to work, a heel win would have to end the ME. Edge ending UT's streak would be interesting as hell, but I don't think that's going to happen. What about Edge vs Undertaker vs Batista with Edge pinning Batista - Would that keep his streak in tact or would that be a loss on the score sheet?

Another possibility would have Edge challenge Ric Flair in a title vs career match. Edge and Flair put on pretty damn good matches together and it would be the Rocky Balboa storyline where Flair gets his last shot at the title. Flair comes close a couple of times, but Edge beats him cleanly to end the match and his career. Flair realizes it's all over, starts crying takes off his boots and leaves them in the center of the ring and walks to the back in his socks. Edge being the heel bastard heads back to the ring and kicks then out of the ring and poses with his title not wanting the spotlight off of him. Cue Jeff Hardy's music as the crowd goes ape shit. He cashes in his MITB shot and after a 7-8- minute match he scores the pin and wins the title. Matt Hardy comes out (winning the US title earlier in the night) and they celebrate in the ring together a la Eddy and Chris Benoit as the show fades to black.

I wouldn't be against Cena beating Triple H if it means Hardy coming out after wards to beat Cena. Turn Cena heel the next night and let Jeff be the #1 face on Raw since he practically is now.

they celebrate in the ring together a la Eddy and Chris Benoit as the show fades to black.

Matt has a steroid induced heart attack and Jeff hangs himself from a weight machine? Best ending ever!