TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vader

Lets Talk about.....

There's a lot of talk about the gay factor of X-factor's music and there's no doubt it was. But, perhaps that is the legacy of X-factor. Think of all the pop radio theme music on the current WWE roster. Kane's music immediately comes to mind.

As far as X-factor goes, I had them erased from my mind. Then, this thread appeared.

So there's going to be a weekly discussion of crappy stables? For next week, I propose a discussion of Jimmy Hart's First Family (The WCW edition). Jerry Flynn, Brian Knobbs, Hugh Morrus, and The Barbarian! What a stable!

They could have done something potentially amusing with the group. Albert is the big power house capable of physically dominating most of the other wrestlers, Credible is the extremist who is willing to take insane bumps, and X-Pac could do the bronco buster....

I don't know what they could do with X-Pac. He sucks, and hasn't been remotely worthwhile since the early-mid '90s.

So there's going to be a weekly discussion of crappy stables? For next week, I propose a discussion of Jimmy Hart's First Family (The WCW edition). Jerry Flynn, Brian Knobbs, Hugh Morrus, and The Barbarian! What a stable!

Barely remember them, to be honest. They were another act that got totally lost in the quagmire of WCW.

Barely remember them, to be honest. They were another act that got totally lost in the quagmire of WCW.

I imagine that's how 90% of the board's reaction would be. That's an obscure stable even by the general wrestling folder standards.

Maybe a better discussion for next week would be the later years of WCW Saturday Night (before it became a complete recap show at the end), when Jimmy Hart was basically running the show, and you had a weird mix of veterans and rookies appearing.

As far as X-Factor, yeah...general consensus seems to be that they sucked.

Speaking of X-Pac, though...Scott Keith's blog (yes, I know he's not exactly popular around here), floats the idea of a new heel version of DX to feud with Cena, and maybe HBK (assuming he would get turned on by Triple H). They suggest bringing back Chyna and X-Pac, and maybe adding a couple guys like John Morrison, as there's no way that faction would get cheered. I don't think it would be a horrible idea.

I was a fan of X-Factor, but I'm a mark for stables and believe there aren't enough of them these days.

I would agree with your latter point. The lack of stables in WWE, given their huge roster, is rather confusing. I mean, you've sort of got Edge's current group with Chavo, and that's about it.

I was impressed the WWE bothered to run an angle breaking up X-Factor the night before the INVASION Raw which storyline wise would've broken them up anyway.

The song didnt bother me too much. Their 3rd theme was much better. The stable wasn't around long enough to make an impact and as said before Justin and Albert had no heat. Only highlights of this time, was the Tajiri/Pac feud (and summerslam match), the famed Albert/Kane Match (it was really good SERIOUSLY), and the Edge promo where he insulted him.