TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

No Way Out

ECW Title will go first, as it's the least important match.

When has that logic ever been used by WWE? The most unimportant matches on cards usually are placed between the important matches to let the crowd cool off.

It's sad that this is what the ECW title has come to.

"When has that logic ever been used by WWE?"

To be fair, this is like the first 6-match PPV since WM 12. Possibly SSeries 02 was.

Technically, all matches on this show have importance, the ECW Title match being the lowest valued. So it opens.

I don't know. I actually rate the Flair match below the ECW title in terms of importance. No one is really buying him losing tonight, so this is a pure exhibition match of some sorts, whereas the ECW title actually has something believable on the line. Although this is not to say WWE feels the same way.

It might just be because of the stipulations behind the matches, but the fact that I care about the result of every single one is quite impressive for a modern day wrestling event.

I still don't like the idea of "...ALL ABOUT THE GAME, AND HOW YA PLAY IT!" blasting at the end of the PPV for the fans to "CELEBRATE!" when Triple H hasn't been on television in 20 days.

I like Cena to capture, Chavo to retain, Taker, HHH, Flair, and Edge to retain.

Leading to Mania:

WWE: Cena/HHH

CAREER: Shawn/Flair

WORLD: Taker/Edge

GRUDGE: Finlay & Hornswoggle Vs. Vince & Shane

WOMEN'S: Beth/Candice

U.S.: Hardy/MVP

MITB: Jeff Hardy wins

I got nothin' for Orton. And I have no interest in seeing Y2J or JBL compete.

I don't see how the WM Main Event CAN'T contain Orton, but I guess it'll be like 2001 when Angle had a 4 month reign heading into No Way Out and barely even made the WM card.

Although a Interpromotional Match program between Orton and Punk might be decent and help freshen those guys up. Two guys that recently lost their titles just getting under each other's skin.

I still don't like the idea of "...ALL ABOUT THE GAME, AND HOW YA PLAY IT!" blasting at the end of the PPV for the fans to "CELEBRATE!" when Triple H hasn't been on television in 20 days.

What if the winners are Chavo, Edge, Batista, Flair, Triple H, and Orton? OMGz new evloution!!!1

But seriously, my predictions are Punk, Edge, Taker, Flair, HHH, and Cena.

Does anybody know of a good feed for the show?

Guest Yoouu'rree Fiiirrreed!&#

Leading to Mania:

WWE: Cena/HHH

CAREER: Shawn/Flair

WORLD: Taker/Edge

GRUDGE: Finlay & Hornswoggle Vs. Vince & Shane

WOMEN'S: Beth/Candice

U.S.: Hardy/MVP

I got nothin' for Orton. And I have no interest in seeing Y2J or JBL compete.

it's not Triple H's fault that his brother in law died and he had to be there for his sister, geez....

To be fair, this is like the first 6-match PPV since WM 12. Possibly SSeries 02 was.

Technically, all matches on this show have importance, the ECW Title match being the lowest valued. So it opens.

While it's very likely, that logic doesn't always work. Survivor Series 07, Cade & Murdoch vs. Holly & Rhodes didn't open. The ECW Title match did. Survivor Series 03, Smackdown's main event opened on a show with a Tag Title match in the middle.

Edit: nevermind this in regards to 6 match shows.

For whatever it's worth, there have been at least three six-match PPVs since WM 12 (not including Survivor Series 02, Rumbles, or 2 hr IYHs.)

Guest Yoouu'rree Fiiirrreed!&#

While it's very likely, that logic doesn't always work. Survivor Series 07, Cade & Murdoch vs. Holly & Rhodes didn't open. The ECW Title match did. Survivor Series 03, Smackdown's main event opened on a show with a Tag Title match in the middle.

Edit: nevermind this in regards to 6 match shows.

For whatever it's worth, there have been at least three six-match PPVs since WM 12 (not including Survivor Series 02, Rumbles, or 2 hr IYHs.)

Backlash 2007 had 6 matches, also I think IYH: Canadian Stampede only had 4 on-air matches but I don't remember if that was a 2 or 3 hour PPV.

Guest NitroJMS

Is there anywhere to watch without installing spyware? That sopcast makes you install a spyware program.

Guest NitroJMS
Is there anywhere to watch without installing spyware? That sopcast makes you install a spyware program.

Which program?

Zango

Stampede was a 4-match PPV (10-Man, Mankind/HHH, Taka/Sasuke, Taker/Vader) but was only 2 hours.

Ratings so far:

Chavo/Punk: ** 1/2

Solid, better than their TV matches, more energetic.

Smackdown Chamber: ** 1/2

Chamber started off horribly slow. Taker/Batista first 5 minutes was all choking and stomps. Taker accidently fell out fo the cage, dangerously, to the floor. Khali's manager hit the concrete with a bad bump. Khali was slipping and fucked up a choke spot.

Finlay brought energy. Batista and Taker did fine after the initial 5 minutes. MVP had slight offensive flurry but would have been better used in a singles match. Nice final 5 minutes or so. Great finish.

"BOO!"

"YAY!"

from the crowd as Taker (Yay) and Batista (Boo) traded punches.

RINGPOST FIGURE FOUR.

Also, don't miss this match. When Foley 'retired' it was at No Way Out and he was given a match at Wrestlemania; don't be surprised to see it repeated here.