TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

No Way Out

the crowd responded well, with his little "Eddie" dance, and "it's time for some Chicago? amigos" at least I think he said Chicago somewhere in there, but once he did them all shitty like, the crowd instantly turned on him.

I got to see from Finlay's entrance into the SD chamber match to the end of the Big Show-Mayweather segment. I hope they do something with Mayweather at WM, as it will increase some interest in the WWE like Trump did last year. I'm pissed I missed the elimination chamber, but I'll watch it as soon as I can.

Random comment about Jeff: Considering how strong they've made him look over the past few months (he kicked out of a pedigree tonight, apparently), I really feel like he will become champion in 2008..and when he does, I will mark harder than I have since Edge won his first title. It's a great feeling watching someone who started wrestling around the time you started watching finally win the big one, and I think Jeff really deserves a title reign for all that he's done to entertain the fans over the years. Here's to a big year for both Hardys in 08.

It sounds like a decent show, but the DQ in the World Title match makes me glad I didn't order. It's fine to do it once and a while to further the story, but this was the fifth DQ in a World Title match on a PPV since Summerslam.

I actually forgot that Armageddon's WWE title match ended in a DQ, but that was JBL attacking Jericho. This was one of those DQs where it made sense in the context of the match - Orton tried twice to get Cena counted out (the first time using video game logic where he fought on the rampway with Cena until 9, but they both jumped into the ring) and once to get himself counted out. When the 2nd try to get Cena counted out failed, he slapped the ref out of nowhere - it was kind of funny, actually.

Still, a DQ ending is a DQ ending all the same... I just liked this one better than most.

I actually forgot that Armageddon's WWE title match ended in a DQ, but that was JBL attacking Jericho. This was one of those DQs where it made sense in the context of the match - Orton tried twice to get Cena counted out (the first time using video game logic where he fought on the rampway with Cena until 9, but they both jumped into the ring) and once to get himself counted out. When the 2nd try to get Cena counted out failed, he slapped the ref out of nowhere - it was kind of funny, actually.

Still, a DQ ending is a DQ ending all the same... I just liked this one better than most.

Agreed. The ending fit quite perfectly with Randy's character. The only gap in logic was Randy rushing back into the ring to avoid the double-count out, although I'll forgive that one.

I actually forgot about Armageddon's DQ... so that's six.

I can only think of Unforgiven and Armageddon. Did Cyber Sunday also have a non-finish?

Yes, the best low blow ever got Orton DQ'ed against Michaels.

Right...

So, I'm looking at a non-finish to Cena/Orton at Unforgiven, Orton/HBK at Cyber Sunday, and Orton/Jericho at Armageddon. I guess Punk/BDV if we're being silly and counting the ECW title.

Summerslam: Batista vs. Khali

Unforgiven: Cena vs. Orton

No Mercy: Punk vs. Viscera

Cyber Sunday: Orton vs. HBK

Armageddon: Orton vs. Jericho

Tonight

Edit: Ok, calling the ECW title a WORLD Title is a bit silly. We'll just call it five.

If you get DQed though you don't get the winner's purse. I guess Cena got that, not that Orton cares. That was ideal booking tonight though. Let's face it...they don't want to really put Orton over ANYONE of note on a consistent basis, certainly not Cena. I have no idea why Orton got back in the ring on that countout spot, even watching I was practically ranting "Dude, just take a walk here! Let Cena get the lame countout win!"

I figured the only point in bringing Cena back this early was not to put the belt on him, but to just pop a buyrate for this PPV and for WM. It makes no sense to just put the belt back on him. Now HHH can beat Orton at WM, Cena doesn't have to job to anyone, and they can save HHH vs. Cena 1 on 1 for another time.

Guest cheetoe

That RAW EC match was alot of fun. It was booked solid from beginning to end and everyone came out looking strong. Hardy looked great, he manhandled HHH slamming him against the cage, he looked like he was a threat to take the match and i think everyone was convinced he had a chance to win. Who else has kicked out of a Pedigree? I want to say HBK, Taker, Rock and Austin... not sure though. If so that puts him in pretty good company. Micheals blade job was nasty. He looked like he may have lost alot of blood. Hope he is ok. :(

I thought the Chavo / Punk match could have went a little longer. They were just getting the crowd going when it ended. Same with the Kennedy / Flair match. I really liked how Kennedy showed flair no respect. Mocking him and slapping him around. I still think Kennedy can be a great heel. I always liked his character and i think he can have really good matches with the right opponents.

It sucks that they have booked Edge so weak leading up to a fued with The Undertaker. How are we supposed to buy him as a real threat to beat Takers undefeated streak when he can hardly pull out win against a one armed Rey? That being said, The Smackdown EC match was weak and there was never any doubt who was gonna win. They had 2 guys who no one takes seriously as contenders. BDV has been beaten multiple times by Taker... soundly. Kahli has been pinned by a midget... more than once. This is the problem with taking these big guys and jobbing them so often to the top guys, once it comes time to use them, no one takes them seriously.

Would it have really hurt Cena to take a pin in that match? It was the only blemish on a decent PPV. I think the crowd would respond almost the same if he turned heel. You would still have the cheer/boo response. Only he would be more entertaining, and would have more credible foes to go against.

Man, that Show/Mayweather segment sold me. Regardless of if he just got stiffed or it was planned, Show looked PISSED! Considering who was throwing them, they could have been worked punches that just found thier mark a little to well. lol. It's not like he is trained to pull punches.

That was a really good PPV. I'm happy i got a chance to see it. :)

I figured by that point Orton still thought he could be Cena, but got scared after the STF. He tried to get himself counted out, get Cena counted out, the got himself DQ'd.

I enjoyed this PPV. It set up what it needed to set up. I wonder if Kane wasn't in the SD EC match because he would be there to help UT to some extent and they prefer to have UT as the man alone. If Matt was healthy they could have put him in it, then maybe Kane instead of Big Daddy V.

Yeah, I think it would have hurt Cena to job in his first PPV match back. That isn't what the point of the match was anyway. The point was that Orton is a scumbag asshole who only needed to get through the night and he's going to WM. Doesn't matter HOW he does it. This is now the 2nd time though that they have brought back a star and put him vs. Orton on PPV, only to have it end in a DQ (Jericho being the previous match).

It should be noted that WWE has already placed UT/Edge on the WM Matches list while Orton-HHH hasn't. Leading credence to the likelihood that Cena either gets involved or a title change still occurs before WM.

I'm not excited all about Taker/Edge. I'm sure the match will be a blast, but the build up will just be the usual 'cowardly heel running away from Taker' storyline that's nothing new. Even the thought of the inevitable angle where Taker crashes the Vickie/Edge wedding doesn't sound that fun.

It's all politics with HHH right now - he knows he's screwing over Hardy and the "boys" know he's screwing over Hardy and thus he's trying to put him over in any quasi-meaningful way he can. Hardy's time is now, and he'll probably never be as over as he is now with fans clamoring for a title win as they are now however HHH wants his title. So first you have Hardy go over HBK clean on Raw, and then you have Hardy kick out of the pedigree - that's supposed to calm the critics.

IMO, the SD/ECW chamber match was much better than the Raw one. I marked-out when Taker went over.

It was great to see Edge and Chavo get clean wins. Chavo/Punk was a decent match.

Vince should see if there's anything he can do to capitalize on the Floyd Mayweather situation. I don't even watch wrestling anymore but that segment had me very interested and could potentially get them more buyrates/media attention for WrestleMania if they do the right thing with it. What that right thing is though....I don't know. There's no way the WBA would actually allow Mayweather to wrestle a match against Show, so WWE may have built up another hot angle they can't properly blow-off.

It would be nice if they would play up the build to Edge/UT a little differently (a match that I may actually order WM for). Have Edge just come out and say that UT has been in the business for nearly 20 years, and it's time for someone new to be on top. Play up that Edge has his cronies to help him win. Hell, have them lay out 'Taker with a bunch of chair shots a week before the PPV. You know, actually make it seem like Edge is going to win. Then, at WM, when UT does win, it will be that much better.

I'm wondering if there's a chance the match will be some kind of cage match, or something.

As for the Mayweather/Show incident...I guess I don't see the point. Seems like a rehash of the much cooler Tyson/Austin confrontation from years ago.

It would be nice if they would play up the build to Edge/UT a little differently (a match that I may actually order WM for). Have Edge just come out and say that UT has been in the business for nearly 20 years, and it's time for someone new to be on top. Play up that Edge has his cronies to help him win. Hell, have them lay out 'Taker with a bunch of chair shots a week before the PPV. You know, actually make it seem like Edge is going to win. Then, at WM, when UT does win, it will be that much better.

How is that different? It seems like standard booking.