TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Buzz

Rambo

I just got back from seeing Rambo and have to say it was pretty awesome. I went in hoping for a badass action movie with enough plot to get from point a to point b, and thats what I got. Stallone was good, and I have to say it might be my favorite of the Rambo series just because of how well it was shot, and the action sequences.

I got my hands on a DVD Screener and I skimmed through it. Looks pretty awesome. Might go and pay to see it now (I'm a broke ass student, so I need to choose wisely what movies I pay to see in theatres)

It's pretty incredible. There are at least 5 holy shit moments in the movie that made everyone in the audience gasp. Stallone was really good here and it was a great companion piece to Rocky Balboa. It's got to be one of the most violent mainstream movies in a long time. At least since Saving Private Ryan.

They do throw a baby into a fire and I've haven't seen that many young kids get killed in a movie since Beware Children At Play. The entire sequence where the Burmese army attacks all the missionaries and the Burma townspeople towards about a half hour into a movie is very disturbing to watch

That was one of the things that may have bothered me a little bit about the movie. It was just really intense.

The movie is pretty violent and short at around 80 min so that unrated DVD that comes out will be interesting to see what they had to cut out to get the R rating.

I saw it last night and yeah it was pretty intense. All the really horrible stuff they showed with the Burmese soldiers really served to make you celebrate Rambo killing them with extreme prejudice.

Truth be told I don't really think all the ultra insane violence really even fits the series. I watched #2 and 3 tonight and there really isn't all that much crazy sick shit in them. Maybe him shooting the one dude in #2 with the exploding arrow, but that's it.

While I enjoyed this one pretty well the review it is getting on imdb.com are a bit absurd. 8.1?? Hell, it's really only the 3rd best movie in the series behind Rambo: First Blood Part 2 and First Blood. It is better than the dreary Rambo III though.

The ending was awesome but the whole exploitation of the whole Burma situation just was too hard for me to stomach. When I think of Rambo series, I usually think of fun ridiculous movies and its hard to get pumped for all the fun with all the somber stuff (

such as the beginning which used real-life footage

).

The thing it lacked was a decisive villain. It's just "bad guys" and "bad guy leader". What sets him apart? He smokes and wears sunglasses? Meh.

This movie was too fucking awesome. The dramatic dialogue, the brutalization the innocents face and all the guts, blood and explosions...I could go on in detail, but I'd just go on and on. It started off a little slow, but overall it was all too wonderful.

Highly recommended!

This movie was too fucking awesome. The dramatic dialogue, the brutalization the innocents face and all the guts, blood and explosions...I could go on in detail, but I'd just go on and on. It started off a little slow, but overall it was all too wonderful.

Highly recommended!

Weren't you the guy that hated Shoot Em Up!?

Anyway, saw it last Tuesday. Didn't like the real violence at the beginning but the everyone seemed to enjoy the fake stuff. You really wanted to see those Burmese jerks killed! Out of focus Rambo sneaking up from the back was good for a laugh, as was the conversation on the boat about 2 feet away from him where they acted like he was really far away.

By the way, the best ending would have been him slowly walking back to his family's house all through the credits, then when he gets there it explodes.

That's what we thought too. We were waiting for it (we being the people I saw the movie with, not a split personality). We also speculated that R. Rambo (John's dad) has the first name Rocky.

I saw it about 3 weeks ago. Great action flick with an actual plot that tears at your heart because you know this stuff actually goes on over there. Stallone was trying to get a message across and I guess he did. Much better movie than even I expected going in. The effects were top-notch and the gore, hard to watch. The theater was exploding with cheers and applause as Rambo wreaked vengeange.

( a side note- there were like 8 underage kids in there by themselves who were pissing me off by being obnoxious, plus I looked to the side during the movie and noticed a lady was holding a young baby)

The ending was very poignant and a fitting end to the Rambo series. Can't wait for the unrated dvd as previously mentioned here. Great film to watch in a theater IMO. Go see it, It :headbang:

Well I guess it's not really the last movie, as they are pretty much set to make the fifth installment. He's also doing a remake of Death Wish, directing a movie about the life of Edgar Allen Poe, possibly a movie about the murders of Biggie/2-Pac, and might be involved with the new Tarantino movie. I was reading a random article off of google that he's signed on for three more movies.

Well I guess it's not really the last movie, as they are pretty much set to make the fifth installment. He's also doing a remake of Death Wish, directing a movie about the life of Edgar Allen Poe, possibly a movie about the murders of Biggie/2-Pac, and might be involved with the new Tarantino movie. I was reading a random article off of google that he's signed on for three more movies.

One of these things is not like the other...

I shouldn't be shocked, but it WOULD have been a fitting end.

51+PgxRdEfL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I purchased this gem (a 6 DVD-disc set) from Wal-Mart for $37 dollars.

First Blood: Ultimate Edition

Audio commentary with Sylvester Stallone

Alternate Ending

Interactive Military Special Operations Features- Survival Mode, Early Warning System, MetaBrief, MetaScope, MetaSight, MetaPoint, MetaMap

Rambo First Blood Part II: Ultimate Edition

Audio commentary with director George P. Cosmatos

Interactive Military Special Operations Features- Survival Mode, Early Warning System, MetaBrief, MetaScope, MetaSight, MetaPoint, MetaMap

Rambo III: Ultimate Edition

Audio commentary with director Peter MacDonald

Deleted Scenes

Rambo: 2-Disc Special Edition

Audio commentary by Sylvester Stallone

Deleted Scenes

"Legacy of Despair: The Struggle in Burma" featurette

"It's a Long Road: Resurrection of an Icon" featurette

"A Score to Settle: The Music of Rambo" featurette

"The Art of War: Completing Rambo" featurette

"The Weaponry of Rambo" featurette

"A Hero's Welcome: Release & Reaction" featurette

Digital Copy of the feature film

Bonus Disc

"The Real Nam: Voices from Within" featurette