TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL February 2008

Was there any reason for changing the pronounciation of Huet? It seems everyone is calling him Hue-et now, which is pissing me off to no end. Did Huet make some comment saying that they were pronouncing his name wrong, or was he just getting annoyed by english guys attempting to say a french guy's name right?

Hey Leaf fans, Bryan McCabe is coming back this weekend. I mean how can it get any worse?

McCabe would have made sure they gave up an even 10 to Florida the other night

Not to jinx anything, but I don't know how the Leafs can play so well against good teams like this, yet be utter shit against the Florida Panthers of the world.

Not to jinx anything, but I don't know how the Leafs can play so well against good teams like this, yet be utter shit against the Florida Panthers of the world.

'cause its the Canadiens, they always play well against the Canadiens.

It never matters where either team are in the standings, they always have a good competitive game.

Tough luck for Montreal tonight though, I thought Kovie was gonna pull it out, he tried.

HUGE game Saturday night against the Sens!

Did you know wins are now worth 6 points, up until the trade deadline?

How in the fuck else are the Leafs 'playoff-bound?' This is an argument I had with a co-worker.

If they win two more times in a row they are going to win the cup.

So the Leafs beat the Red Wings?

Well, just cancel the playoffs and award them the Stanley Cup now...

Elsewhere, the Three Amigos in Ottawa combined for 15 POINTS against Montreal.

JEEBUS!

:mellow:

One of the crazier good news/scary as fuck news situations I have ever heard.

Originally yesterday, the rumor was the Braydon Coburn had a torn glute. Turns out he had a ruptured ass artery, which is why they had him in surgery before the game was even over yesterday.

Good news is that he is only expected to miss two weeks as opposed to the lengthier time most were expecting, but a ruptured artery is fucking scary.

And with that, the Flyers lose two in a row in regulation to division opponents. The inconsistency of this team, no matter who is wearing the jerseys, continues to plague the organization year after year on end. I should be happy that they're at least in playoff contention, but whenever I get my hopes up, they start slumping.

Dan Cloutier just held the Jackets to two goals and beat them in a shootout. That's pretty damn embarassing.

Latest update has Zednik in surgery and in stable condition. This was almost similar to Sabres goalie Clint Malarchuk getting a skate to the throat almost 20 years ago. Huge props to the Buffalo crowd who gave a standing ovation after it was announced Zednik was in stable condition.

A guy on the Sabres post game show said that he'd never heard a quieter than the 15 minutes between the injury and the announcement.

It looked like pure chaos on TV, with coaches, GMs and refs all leaving their positions several times to find out all they could

Ironic that it happened in Buffalo when Malarchuk got a skate to the throat.

I mean it was serious, but Zednik had his own will power to get off on his own. Malarchuk cut was deeper and was lucky to be alive if there wasn't a medical doctor behind the Sabres bench.

Malarchuk got off on his own, too. His luck came in his being on the end where the Zamboni enters the ice, since he could get off the ice immediately without having to skate all the way over to the bench. I believe he's said that he thinks he would've died had he not been on that end of the ice.

I think some sort of throat protection must be made mandatory now. Saturday afternoon that ref in the Rangers/Flyers game got accidentally kicked by Downie and ended up with 60 stitches and a broken nose

Like visors. They are mandatory in junior but optional come Pro. The skate thing is rare. Visors should be mandatory starting for players coming into the league by a certain draft year.

Or we can go to no helmets.

Like visors. They are mandatory in junior but optional come Pro. The skate thing is rare. Visors should be mandatory starting for players coming into the league by a certain draft year.

Or we can go to no helmets.

I thought the 'grandfather' rule, like they did with the introduction of helmets, made sense. If visors/cages are mandatory across the board in major junior, it shouldn't be that drastic an implementation.

Dan Cloutier just held the Jackets to two goals and beat them in a shootout. That's pretty damn embarassing.

Cloutier is still allowed to play in the NHL? I didn't know he was back.

He came back through re-entry waivers a few days ago.