TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fazzle

UWF February 2nd in Kenansville NC

Well, just got back home from this show about an hour ago, figured I'd do a writeup on it.

Show opened up with the announcer saying that Awesome Kong wasn't going to be there because her mother died a few days ago.

Opening match, and the match of the night, Petey Williams over Kirby Mack with the Canadian Destroyer. Third time I've seen Petey live, and the FIRST time I've seen him do the Destroyer. About damn time. Also....when exactly did Petey start doing a Narcissist gimmick?

Match #2: TJ Mack/Velvet Sky over Charlie Dreamer/Daffney. Velvet pinned Daffney, but I have no clue how. People stood up and blocked my view. So, yeah, they had both members of Team Macktion there, and didn't even have them team up. Brilliant. Weird element to the match, as Daffney was the only one playing heel. Charlie refused to go heel with her, no matter how much she screamed at him.

CW Anderson comes down next to bitch about losing to Abyss yesterday, and adds himself to the main event of Abyss vs. James Storm. The main event that was supposed to be Abyss vs. Robert Roode, and hadn't been mentioned once that it had changed. Anderson then tells security to let a plant in the crowd enter the ring, and Anderson beats him up. Ok. This show had probably 750 people at it. Is this show REALLY big enough to need a plant? REALLY?

Match 3: Scotty Too Hotty over Joey Silvia with the Worm. Yes. Scotty Too Hotty and the Worm. Seriously. I've gone into a fucking timewarp. Silvia strikes me as someone who could be a star someday. He's still weak in wrestling skills, but the's got the entertainment aspect of wrestling DOWN. Both times I've seen him live he's been able to turn the crowd reaction from "who the fuck is THIS guy?" into a huge chorus of boos within 2-3 minutes. After the match, Scotty brought two kids into the ring to dance with him, but the boy he brought in was scared SHITLESS and wouldn't move. I felt bad for laughing at the kid, but it was fucking hilarious.

Intermission time. Kevin Nash, Scotty 2 Hotty, Velvet Sky, Team Macktion, and Charlie Dreamer were all out signing autographs. Didn't care about any of them. But then I saw that Daffney was also signing, so I had to mark out like a little bitch. Yeah, everyone here might think I'm weird, but I've been a mark for Daffney since she debuted in WCW. So I rushed my ass over there and got a photo with her and got it signed. That right there was enough for me to call it a good show.

Match 4: Kevin Nash over Robert Roode with the Jackknife. Basically an extended squash.

Match 5: Abyss over James Storm and CW Anderson in the tamest hardcore match EVER. Earlier in the show, in the CW Anderson interview, it was hyped up as "tables, ladders, chairs, barbed wire, glass, thumbtacks" and it ended up...table, chair, trashcan, and broom.

Just a bit below what was teased. Abyss brought in a bag of thumbtacks and spread them all across the ring, but then in the ultimate dick heel move, James Storm grabbed a broom and swept them out of the ring before they could be used. I'm guessing the lack of weaponry/blood was probably due to the fact that this show was being held in a middle school gym.

Overall, a decent to good show, but it was great for me, due to fanboyism reasons explained above.

"James Storm grabbed a broom and swept them out of the ring before they could be used"

YES! They need to do that on TV. Seriously...throw an Abyss/Storm program together JUST so I can see this.

Actually that wouldn't be a bad feud...

other comedy gold from Storm tonight:

He said he wasn't allowed to bring beer out to the ring tonight, since it's a "family" show, but it's ok. He's just gonna get hopped up on Mountain Dew and be all over Abyss like a spider monkey.