TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
franchise632

Please Pray For My Little Sister

Hey everyone...

Well I have never really been one to ask for help. I am an idiot most of the time when it come to things like that. Some how believing that I will find the strength to get through on my own. Well todayis not one of those days. I am reaching out to anyone I know and many that I do not know. Here is the basic gist of the story. I have a 10 year old little sister, her name is Natalie Rose. In August she was diagnosed with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma, in laymens terms she has a brain tumor on her brain stem that is inoperable. This was a crushing blow to our family. Since that time we have been doing anything and everything to fight the tumor. She has taken many steps forward and all to often taken steps back. The last 48 hours has been especially trying for all of us. Natalie's breathing has become more and more difficult. She has been in more pain as of late because she is to weak to force out mucus in her lungs. She has basically been immobile since she started radiation treament in October. She has some movement but is unable to walk or things of that nature. Obviously there are plenty of other detail but right now what is important is that she is showered with love. We are asking that you take some time and just send a prayer or positive energy, something, anything that might help her push through this most difficult time. We are not ready to let her go, she has to much fight, she has worked to hard. We need time to let new medicines work to get the radiation out of her body. She isn't able to do the fighting on her own. She needs strength wherever she can find it. So I am asking all of you to please help. I know it may be asking alot but I would trade places with my little sister in an instant but I can't do that, so all I can do is search high and low for help. Please prey, please send love, please do what you can.

You can find more information on Natalie and her condition at the following websites:

http://www.natalierosejones.com

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/natalierosejones

Thank you all very much.

I'm not particularly religious or anything, but I certainly send along my best wishes. I can't imagine going through this, either her or your family.

I concur.

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 06, 2008 02:04 AM, CST

The Angels are singing Glory Glory today as our dear precious Natalie Rose recieved her wings at 12:57. The love in this house is palpable as the tears stream down our cheeks in full remembrance of our time we've had in this life with our brave little Daughter, Sister, Friend and Life Playmate. She is a shinning star and brings me to a level of gratitude that is not describable in human terms. We will all live a much more valuable existance because of HOW she affected us.She helped us all to remember to not sweat the small stuff and remember that it is after all "small stuff". If we live our life with as much love and determined care as Natalie did, this world could be a world without war and unnecessary sadness. So I say " GO with the lord on high and spread that magic love you do so well. Help Mommy and Daddy with thier greif and let them know when you can that you are here helping as always you do. Be with your Brothers and sisters when they are lost without you and give them a hug to heal their broken hearts. We will mend and we will always miss you until the day that we get to walk with you to meet God once again. I will always love you baby girl. You have helped me to change my life in ways that only now you can understand. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Lance white, Your friend in love and prayer

My condolences to you and your family, Franchise.

This is the saddest thing I've seen in a very long time. You have my sincerest sympathies.

Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:17

Remember we may weep for our own loss, though it may be their gain.

My sympathies, friend.

Guest Vitamin X

I appreciate Inc ending the outpouring of sympathy in this thread. I was beginning to think something was very, very wrong with TSM.

I'm repelled by some people being so disingenuous as to claim they would pray for the well-being of a message board handle. Offer your condolences, fine, but this isn't a contest to be holier or more sympathetic than the next guy.

I realise that I'm probably going to come across as a major arsehole here, but I'm not sure why anybody would create a thread about the death of a relative on an internet wrestling board.

Stop saying "internet wrestling board" or variations thereof! You don't need to specify that it's on the internet. That actually makes it much more effective and important than a non internet message board, ie a bulletin board. Like, with pins.

But anyway, I can understand why he'd post the thread. If you believe prayer does something, it's beneficial to get the message out any way you can. Sadly, prayer does nothing. God is dead and we're alone.

So did some of you guys really pray to God for "franchise632"? Like, actually say his screenname in your prayers?

I actually used her name, seeing that he gave a link to her website.

And by mentioning that, I am neither trying to be holier than thou, or competing to be most sympathetic. Mourning the loss of a close family member can be incredibly painful. Not everyone finds loss of life to be a place for a joke.