TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brush with Greatness

UFC Fight Night - Florian v. Lauzon

LOL at Joe Rogan saying that Hamill had the "rape choke" in place. That, surely, is a technical term.

It's actually used quite often to refer to the clasping front windpipe choke.

It's also illegal in MMA, but whatever.

Never heard rape choke before... that's interesting.

Adam Martinez looks to be approximately 17.

That is quite the gash on Matt's lip.

It may have set the world record for the word "bro" being said in a 60 second interval. But I agree. I didn't need to hear him talk.

Goodbye title shot.

Mazzagatti has been involved in both hasty stoppages. In that last one he was running in as soon as Karo's head made contact with the knee.

That's the second disputed stoppage tonight that I felt was pretty legitimate.

Karo didn't go limp, he although Alves was landing it didn't look like Karo was completely out. Not to say Alves wouldn't have won, I still thought they didnt give Karo a chance.

I mean Pellegrino landed some mean elbows and had Diaz in a good position, but Dean didnt stop the fight.

Johnson just smashed the shit out of Tommy Speer. He was way to fast. Johnson said he's real 'crunk'.

Johnson RND 1 KO - My upset call of the night, its a pretty evenly match contest, as they are both pretty much the same fighter with good wrestling backgrounds, and KO power. But I think Johnson is faster, and his speed will be the deciding factor, as he crushes Speer with one of his right hands.

Damn I called it dead-on.

Johnson has star potential. He has the power, a solid wrestling base, the look, and he had a great post-fight interview.

I look forward to his next fight.

As for Karo - I agree. Mazzagatti could have given him a bit more of a chance but I made the claim it was a legitimate stoppage because it appeared as though Alves was in a position to just hammer the shit out of him. He didn't go limp but he wasn't mounting much of a defense either. The knee and a few of those punches landed very clean and Karo was in grave danger.

As for Karo - I agree. Mazzagatti could have given him a bit more of a chance but I made the claim it was a legitimate stoppage because it appeared as though Alves was in a position to just hammer the shit out of him. He didn't go limp but he wasn't mounting much of a defense either. The knee and a few of those punches landed very clean and Karo was in grave danger.

But at the same time Pellegrino had Diaz in dominate positions and was landing clean and clear shots, but the referee gave Diaz time to recover... Not to say Alves wouldnt have won at that point in time, I thought Da Mazz jumped into too soon. He didn't allow Karo, who hasnt been stopped in a UFC fight yet, a chance to recover or anything.

I just can't support Gray Maynard.

Maybe it's because he calls himself "The Bully" or maybe it's because he has a tramp stamp. I don't know.

Pretty convincing victory with all the third round takedowns, though. I thought Edgar would have handled Gray easily but I was quite wrong.

How fucking weird is it that Mazigatti doesn't let someone get smashed to death before stopping it?

It's because he reads this board and is teaching us all a lesson. Let us never question Mazz's judgement again.

Also: The fucking weekly emergency test just blocked out the final minute or so of the Maynard/Edgar fight. Laaaame.

I'm actually impressed by Gray... I had him winning the fight. But it was closer then the announcers made it out to be.

I thought Edgar was going to take it... Gray is better then everyone thought.

I think Edgar showed more than Gray in that fight, though Gray obviously overwhelmed Frankie with his superior wrestling. Frankie was using combos, parrying, and head-movement standing while Gray was resigned to single-shotting and didn't seem to know how to handle the combos. Frankies control on the ground and stifled a lot of Grays offense while on the bottom. 30-27 is fucking pitiful. Though poetic justice for Frankie given it's exactly how he won against Fisher.

Anybody catch them wheel around to catch the Xtreme Couture group pose and then quickly cut away when Randy popped into frame?