TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Getting Black Lushus started on how horrible the GI Joe flick is turni

I don't HATE Marlon Wayans, but that casting is REALLY bugging me right now. I don't know why, it just does.

Ah well, what am I expecting? Saving Private Ryan? This will be on par with movies like Armageddon. Lots of explosions and special effects, plenty of overly-macho cliched one liners and horrible overacting.

I uh... don't know how I feel about Cobra Commander being a puppet...

It said puppet-master, not puppet.

grover.jpg

COBRAAAAA RETREEEEEEEEAT!!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!!!

As long as I get a badass Snake Eyes and a hot Baroness I'll give it a shot. So far so good on Snake Eyes. Baroness? Well, we didn't get a lot of her but so far the shots of her have been decent. I'll wait for the full trailer before I make a decision.

For some reason if this does well, I can see them really pushing for a Metal Gear Solid film.

Tommy from '3rd Rock from the Sun' as Cobra Commander, though?

EDIT: Actually, looking through the cast list - WTF! A Waynas, Dennis 'fucking' Quaid, Doctor who, a Lostie...

Will Ray Parks ever get a role where his face isn't covered up, or his voice over dubbed, and he's not doing martial arts?

What I'm trying to say here is, this film production (Direction, Camera work, Editing, script, etc) must be spot on, as there doesn't seem to be anyone on the cast who could save this movie if its going to be crap. It'll do well cashing in on 80s nostalgia (though missed the boat releasing just after Transformers), but I think this could falter.

I'll go and see it though.

also:

I just want Sargent Slaughter to have a quick cameo somewhere in the film, that would make me happy.

I'm interested to see how they set up Destro's mask. I wonder if it's in this movie or if it'll be in a sequel? I mean, you can't have Destro without a silver face!!! :P

Oh, also, this movie needs Tomax & Xamot!

I'm guessing he dons it at some point towards the end of the film as he plays a tweener role through most of it. GI Joe probably screws him over some how (in his mind anyway) and he breaks it out, realizing it's time to get down and dirty with the Joes.

Or they do something completely not like the comics/cartoons and totally scar his face and he wears the mask to cover it...which is what I'm expecting...

Will Ray Parks ever get a role where his face isn't covered up, or his voice over dubbed, and he's not doing martial arts?

X-Men.

...sort of.

It's ashame thats all you know of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, because he's developed into a fanatastic actor.

It's ashame thats all you know of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, because he's developed into a fanatastic actor.

I saw him in that film with Heath Ledger a few years ago. 10 Things I Hate About You, I think it was.

As pretentious as the film itself was, I thought he was great in Brick.

Also, thumbs up to Zartan and Mindbender in this movie. Here's hoping for Major Bludd! :P

He was toad, his face had loads of make up and plastic over it (see Darth Maul).

It was really just green grease paint, though. Definitely not as extensive as the Maul makeup.

I saw him in that film with Heath Ledger a few years ago. 10 Things I Hate About You, I think it was.

I hope there's a lesson to be learned from 10 Things, and I hope that lesson is to not cast doubt on the former teen heartthrobs playing the vaunted villains from your childhood.

That movie was in the 90's...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has had great performances in The Lookout, Brick and Stop-Loss recently, check those movies out.