TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Getting Black Lushus started on how horrible the GI Joe flick is turni

Don't think they ever came out over here in the UK, I'll see if I can 'find' them. I guess, once he starts to wear the kit, he'll fit the frame and demeanor of the Cobra Commander anyway. He's a weedy guy with a great mind.

Tommy from '3rd Rock from the Sun' as Cobra Commander, though?

It's ashame thats all you know of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, because he's developed into a fanatastic actor.

I saw him in that film with Heath Ledger a few years ago. 10 Things I Hate About You, I think it was.

That movie was in the 90's...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has had great performances in The Lookout, Brick and Stop-Loss recently, check those movies out.

I haven't seen Stop-Loss, but I definitely second The Lookout and Brick.

So does anyone think we'll actually get competent DVD releases of the original animated series (plus the post-movie second series Operation Dragonfire?) leading up to the movie release?

Yah, the post-movie series is pretty shite. Especially the entire Cobra Commander turning from a snake back into a humanoid and then Serpentor getting turned into a giant iguana, lol.

I'd like a re-release of the G.I. Joe animated movie that also has the pre-episode plugs by Sgt. Slaughter when the movie was broken down into a bunch of episodes.

...oh, and have it be a director's cut, that omits the "He's gone into a coma" line.

The episodes that freaked me out was the two parter where Cobra gave Shipwreck a fake life, wife and kids and stuff and they all melted in to blobs and chased him around.

Possible "image" spoilers - Toy Fair 2009 - Hasbro line of toys from the movie.

I'm fairly certain we get a shot of Destro in-mask at 5:38. Looks nothing like the other Neo-Viper figures earlier in the video, so I'm guessing it's him.

Looks like we're getting re-releases of the tv series! :D

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/GI-Joe-Se...-1-Part-1/11518

Yes, G.I. Joe is there. He'll be there in theaters early this August, when G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra hits the box office with a live-action film. And, with Shout! Factory taking over the home video releases of the original Sunbow-produced "G1" series for Transformers, was there ever any doubt that they would also be bringing the original G.I. Joe cartoon series back to DVD as well?

G.I. Joe is an elite group of special military operatives, fighting for freedom wherever there's trouble. In this animated series that introduced Hasbro's popular line of 3¾" G.I. Joe action figures, our team of Real American Heroes will stop at nothing to defeat Cobra - an enemy with the singular goal of world domination!

This morning Shout!'s distributor, Vivendi Entertainment, made info available to retailers that G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero: Season 1, Part 1 is going to be available as a 4-DVD set, running approximately 700 minutes, starting on July 21st. That's a wee bit after the 4th of July celebration, but a better schedule for tying it in with the new film. Video will be full frame, and audio in English, but no other specs or pricing info is available yet. Nor is package art, but stay tuned for that.

As for bonus material: well, let's just say that the info provided to retailers makes it look like Shout! has some VERY ambitious plans for the extras on this collection (as they do for Transformers, of course). However, it's very clear that nothing mentioned there is actually set in stone thus far. So, rather than get fans' hopes up, we would rather hold off discussing it here, and let the studio continue to work on finalizing their plans for the supplements on these DVDs. We doubt anyone will be disappointed, though! Stay tuned for updates.

They did release some (not sure if it was everything), but like Transformers, the sets have been out of print for a while and usually go for ridiculously high prices. The Suncoast I used to work at occasionally saw the Transformers sets come in used, and they ranged between $60-100... USED.

Usually the live-action movies do a better job at making the characters look "realistic." Kind of not the case here... and that's still taking into consideration that this was a guy that wore a hood with eye holes in it the majority of the time and the rest of the time wore a blue helmet with an anti-tamper self destruct mechanism installed in it.

I mean, I can understand that they need to change things for this movie since it's 2009 and technology, yadda yadda yadda.. but this is a little over the top. He looks more like some bizarre mix between Freddy Krueger, Guyver and a Cenobite from Hellraiser.

I at least hope that the hood makes an appearance.