TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarleyQuinn

Desert Island Draft Thread

This and The Chronic are the only albums you picked that I've heard.

That would bother me, Akira, if it weren't for the fact that most of the albums I picked were released in the seventies, and you're only sixteen. Hell, I'd already had my first piece of ass by the time you were born...

Now that I think of it, what was your mom's name again? ;)

scarface-made.jpg

Scarface - Made

Scarface went back to his old self with this CD. There are a ton of great tracks on it. Had to get at least one Scarface CD.

B00000053Q.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

UGK - Ridin' Dirty

Full of some of their great songs with One Day, Pinky Ring, Fuck My Car, Diamonds and Wood, Ridin' Dirty, etc.

B00003003R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Guns N' Roses - Live Era

I actually can't believe I got this. This whole thing is great and they sound great Live. They do most of the songs they had made by then.

I have to get on a fairly early train tomorrow and so shall not be able to type this up until the 30th or so. However, here are my final three selections:

Big Black - Songs About Fucking (1987)

The Smiths - Meat is Murder (1985)

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (1975)

Currently on the clock: bps21 (4 picks)

Can pick at any time:

StevieKick

The Coat Is My Father (5 picks)

Cowboy Numbers (1 pick - replacement for Live Era: '87-'93)

Vitamin X (4 picks)

OK, I got MiB's PM and updated the front page. So let me see if this is right.

Agent has 2 picks.

RHR has 3 picks.

Ravenbomb has 3 picks.

OOG has 3 picks.

bps has 4 picks.

Steviekick has 3 picks.

Coat has 5 picks.

Cowboy #'s has 1 pick.

VX has 4 picks.

Right?

bps has 4 picks.

Steviekick has 3 picks.

Coat has 5 picks.

Cowboy #'s has 1 pick.

VX has 4 picks.

These guys are currently "on the clock", so to speak.

Agent has 2 picks.

RHR has 3 picks.

Ravenbomb has 3 picks.

OOG has 3 picks.

These guys haven't come up yet, but yeah, they'll each have three picks when their turn comes around. Well, except for Agent, who jumped the gun with the Agoraphobic Nosebleed, but I don't see any need for any kind of great upheaval there, so yeah.

And thank you for updating the page.

Alright...let's finish this off with some random CDs of music that was prominant at concerts that I went too

MagicBruceSpringsteen.jpg

Bruce Springsteen - Magic

Tom_Petty_Wildflowers.jpg

Tom Petty - Wildflowers

PearlJam-NoCode.jpg

Pearl Jam - No Code

Smashing_Pumpkins_-_Mellon_Collie_And_The_Infinite_Sadness.jpg

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Random CD's I like:

i99565k1ybz.jpg

'Konvicted Deluxe Edition' by Akon (2007)

- I'm choosing the deluxe edition because it has 'Sorry Put the Blame On Me' on it, which is my favorite Akon song. I like Akon and if you don't, so what. I need some modern R&B/hip hop on an island.

d84164v2o71.jpg

'Bad' by Michael Jackson (1987)

- I have 'Thriller' and I might as well take the sequel. More rock, more sappiness, more everything. Not better than 'Thriller' but a great album in its own right and features, basically, nothing but hits. Plus Dirty Diana is one of the bets songs he's ever done.

And, finally, I'm not sure if this qualifies but:

f61066wf0fd.jpg

'Hell Freezes Over' by The Eagles (1994)

- I honestly don't know if this is all from their one reunion concert or not. I believe it is though so it should qualify.

Cool beans.

rebekahdelrio.jpg

"All My Life" by Rebekah Del Rio (2003)

If even slightly pressed I would say that Rebekah Del Rio has the best pure singing voice I've ever heard. Llorando, which is on this album, highlights said voice perfectly, but every song I've heard her sing makes me question why she isn't huge all over the world and why her stuff isn't more readily available. But while I like the whole album, this is in a sense a one-song pick, because if I'm going to be on a desert island forever, I flat out do not want to never be able to hear her sing Llorando again.

swellseason.jpg

The Swell Season s/t

I guess let me know if this pick isn't kosher, it's kind of in a grey zone. Soundtracks are off the table, so I can't pick the Once soundtrack, but this is practically the same thing.

lovage-music_to_make_love_to_your_old_lady_by.png

"Music To Make Love To Your Old Lady By" by Lovage

I had to get one more Mike Patton-related album. Although it isn't really a "Mike Patton album" since he isn't the focal point, it's really a Dan the Automator album. Either way, it's a hell of an album and when Mike Patton is featured on vocals it's even better, especially on "Anger Managment." And the duets with Jennifer Charles are fantastic and are what got me into Elysian Fields.

All right, with Agent going on the clock a couple of hours ago, we're officially at the end of the draft. Here's who is still left on the clock:

VX has 4 picks.

Coat has 5 picks.

Steviekick has 3 picks.

RHR has 3 picks.

Agent has 2 picks.

Do we just want to say that, once 12:00 pm Friday rolls around, all draft picks that are still left on the board are forfeit and then proceed to the voting part of this thing for the weekend?

Morrissey - Your Arsenal

Jawbreaker - Dear You

Silver Jews - American Water

The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs

Can - Future Days

I don't think any of these have been selected yet, but I just gave the list a cursory glance.

Guest Vitamin X

I'll be happy to let Milky finish up my draft. I stopped giving a shit quite a few albums ago.

Agent's on vacation, so I'd suggest someone pick for him as well or wait till he gets back.