TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Mr. Meltzorium's Observernotes Emporium

There are very weak rumors that UFC might be for sale. And in the very small chance of UFC being sold, there has been very small talk that WWE could be interested in buying it. WWE has recently started doing more research on the MMA industry though. Shane has been big on WWE getting into MMA for a long time, but Stephanie and HHH are dead-set against it because they don't know or care about it at all. And Vince barely does either.

Dave Lagana was apparently released for something other than leaking info. Meltzer says that "most weren't willing to talk" about what Lagana was doing but apparently it was kind of serious since many wrestlers complained about it and one even complained to the Undertaker. Of course since "most" won't talk about it that means at least some will which means in all likelihood Meltzer knows what it was so WHY WON'T HE TELL US? Dudes pay a hundred ollars a year for this shit but "The New York Times of wrestling" just sits on hot newz like that. LAME

Also Stephanie is really paranoid about people leaking info to what Damian Demento would call "the kayfabe sheets" so after the holidays she had everyone's cell phone records checked to see if anyone had called Meltzer.

The ECW creative team is now led by Michael Hayes with help from Dusty and Ed Koskey. Dusty didn't want to be the head writer since he's old and didn't want that much work and/or pressure.

Non-Observer note: You know what's a good song? "Loving You's a Dirty Job (But Somebody's Got To Do It)" by Bonnie Tyler and Todd Rundgren.

The U.K.'s The Sun says that it will be Michaels vs Flair at Mania, which is the favorite right now. Vince is still unsure about it since it doesn't elevate anyone.

Jericho got offered another book deal. He hasn't signed it yet.

Hall of Fame news: Mae Young is probable. Gordon Solie is possible. If the Rock can be there WWE thinks he'll come to induct his daddy and grandpappy.

Mania has sold around 57000 tickets so far. So if you want to go, you still can!

As I always say:

Don't just say thanks, comment on the news.

If you want to subscribe, which you should, go to wrestlingobserver.com

I like fish sticks

Why would Vince be worried about the lack of elevation with Flair and Michaels? Beating Flair wouldn't elevate anyone in all honesty. Flair should go out in the best possible match they can give him and right now that is Shawn.

Not only that but Flair jobbing to some young guy in a sad attempt to elevate the guy (Kennedy, MVP, whoever) will only backfire and the fans will be even less accepting of the younger guy than before.

No offense, but I really don't like your running commentary about how Meltzer reports stuff. Just give me the news and leave it at that. Thanks.

Why would Vince be worried about the lack of elevation with Flair and Michaels? Beating Flair wouldn't elevate anyone in all honesty. Flair should go out in the best possible match they can give him and right now that is Shawn.

Agreed. The more I think about it... the more I realize it really can't be anyone but Shawn at this point. I do hope they set it up in a way where McMahon basically forces Michaels into the match by Shawn with retirement if he loses. Shawn will bust his ass to make Flair look like a million bucks in his last match.

No offense, but I really don't like your running commentary about how Meltzer reports stuff. Just give me the news and leave it at that. Thanks.

There's a good way to get the news without having to worry about some messageboarder's commentary... buy the fucking newsletter!

Agreed. I appreciate the news, but it's difficult at times to decipher who's saying what.

Of course since "most" won't talk about it that means at least some will which means in all likelihood Meltzer knows what it was so WHY WON'T HE TELL US? Dudes pay a hundred ollars a year for this shit but "The New York Times of wrestling" just sits on hot newz like that. LAME

He couldn't report it, because he needed the printing room to write that there's very week rumors that the UFC is being sold, and if it was, there'd be very little talk about WWE buying it.Why even report that? This is why I don't subscribe to the observer.. it seems like alot of fluff.

If you want that you can, you know, subscribe to the Observer.

Anyways, I think it's interesting that Steph and HHH completely ignore UFC. I think WWE could bring a lot to UFC in terms of presentation...the one thing I've felt UFC is lacking is presentation, especially the fighter entrances. It worked in Japan, I think it would add some impact to UFC shows...make each fight seem more important. When Lesnar came out for his UFC fight, I think they were using strobe lights to make hokey designs in the cage...I mean, WWE could shit a more interesting entrance than that.

At the very least, UFC should consider hiring away some of the WWE production guys.

Beggars can't be choosers. If you don't like it, then don't read and pay for it yourself.

Mania isn't sold out yet? What's that about.

I used to do TSM's WON reports every week in 2004 and early 2005, so I know what's going on. I kept all my personal comments out of it because I knew people weren't coming here to see what I thought about what Meltzer was doing. If I had anything to say about any actual news bits, I just seperated it at the end or made a new reply containing it. Slapping it in the middle of the thing is really distracting.

Of course since "most" won't talk about it that means at least some will which means in all likelihood Meltzer knows what it was so WHY WON'T HE TELL US? Dudes pay a hundred ollars a year for this shit but "The New York Times of wrestling" just sits on hot newz like that. LAME

He couldn't report it, because he needed the printing room to write that there's very week rumors that the UFC is being sold, and if it was, there'd be very little talk about WWE buying it.Why even report that? This is why I don't subscribe to the observer.. it seems like alot of fluff.

The potential sale of UFC is a far bigger story than why a faceless WWE writer was fired. As for why Meltzer didn't speculate why Lagana was fired, it is possible that either he hasn't had it verified by enough people who are high up the food chain. Or it could be something involving the personal life of a member of staff or the roster. Stuff like that Meltzer won't print unless it breaks elsewhere, and you know he's had to have heard about plenty of stuff that's never made it to print for just that reason.

Beggars can't be choosers. If you don't like it, then don't read and pay for it yourself.

It seats over 70,000, and that's just for football. I'm sure they can fit more for WrestleMania.

It seats over 70,000, and that's just for football. I'm sure they can fit more for WrestleMania.

They keep opening up more seats as they sell them. im betting they'll get to 70,000 easily.

Thanks for posting, though with all the Meltzer shots the guy took, I can't tell if the part about Steph checking people's phone records was serious or an attempt at a joke.

It's gotta be a joke...who'd be stupid enough to use their work phone for something like that?

Guy goes out of his way to type the Observer notes for us to read, and for no charge at that. He can throw in all the personal commentary he wants.

Stephanie soliciting everyone's phone records is great. Paranoia is a cruel mistress.

I think a WWE-owned UFC could lead to some interesting things.

Thanks for posting, though with all the Meltzer shots the guy took, I can't tell if the part about Steph checking people's phone records was serious or an attempt at a joke.

It's gotta be a joke...who'd be stupid enough to use their work phone for something like that?

If WWE writers were really smart, they wouldn't be WWE writers.

If WWE writers were really smart, they wouldn't be WWE writers.

You could argue that more for TNA writers.

If you want that you can, you know, subscribe to the Observer.

Anyways, I think it's interesting that Steph and HHH completely ignore UFC. I think WWE could bring a lot to UFC in terms of presentation...the one thing I've felt UFC is lacking is presentation, especially the fighter entrances. It worked in Japan, I think it would add some impact to UFC shows...make each fight seem more important. When Lesnar came out for his UFC fight, I think they were using strobe lights to make hokey designs in the cage...I mean, WWE could shit a more interesting entrance than that.

At the very least, UFC should consider hiring away some of the WWE production guys.

UFC doesn't have the elaborate entrances because they chose not to. They wanted to be looked at more seriously, like boxing. No frills, just fighting. They used to have big entrances but the president, Dana White, decided that they should be more direct and straight up.

UFC doesn't have the elaborate entrances because they chose not to. They wanted to be looked at more seriously, like boxing. No frills, just fighting. They used to have big entrances but the president, Dana White, decided that they should be more direct and straight up.

ha

hahaha

hahahahaha

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It read that Steph was checking cell phone records. They may be company cell phones. I don't know if she can check personal cell phones because I think it's illegal. But if it's voluntary and you don't volunteer, then that could be a sign of guilt. Then again, how can the company know about your personal cell phone? You tell them you don't have one and that's that.

I like the part about seeing if anyone had called Meltzer. Like his phone number(s) is (are) common knowledge.

Right, but that was when UFC business was down. Now they are legit, highlights showing up on Sportscenter and their fighters appearing on talk shows. They can afford to do something better with their presentation now. I'm not saying every fighter should be pulling a Genki Sudo, but the undercard guys have nothing to define them...a clear entrance would do that.

Right, but that was when UFC business was down. Now they are legit, highlights showing up on Sportscenter and their fighters appearing on talk shows. They can afford to do something better with their presentation now. I'm not saying every fighter should be pulling a Genki Sudo, but the undercard guys have nothing to define them...a clear entrance would do that.

Brock Lesner aside, to maintain their legitimacy, they don't need to do anything that would cause people to immediately think "This looks like pro-wrestling".