TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

The TNA Curry Man

OK, so Curry Man in reality is Daniels. At first sight of Curry Man in TNA I laughed out loud because I couldn't believe they'd come up with such a creative way of continuing the 'Daniels is fired' storyline of having him come back as Curry Man. Then I looked and saw that TNA's Curry Man has a little bit of black hair poking out from underneath his mask, hair too long for Daniels to have grown it back. And he seems a LITTLE thicker than Daniels, bodywise (but this could be because I now have a widescreen TV). Also, my wife (who unlike me has non-defective colour vision) reckons this Curry Man has a different skin tone to Daniels. He does the moves the same, but doesn't seem to dance the same...

...am I just missing something here that other people who pay more attention to TNA news know? Do they actually have someone else being Curry Man?

Guest LuckyLopez

I've yet to see anything saying its not Daniels. The hair threw me off as well but as I go back and look at footage of Curry Man in Japan I see a number of instances where there's a patch of hair there too. And in some of them its very clearly Daniels from voice or moveset. So my thinking is that he actually sews a patch of hair into the back of the mask. Strikes me as weird, but I do see it in some older footage when I know Daniels didn't have a full head of hair.

Personally I've thought the moves, mannerisms, and body types have matched Daniels pretty well. Its just the hair that's been throwing me off. And, I guess, that he has a new outfit. But my thinking is that the full body outfit just might be more of TNA/Daniels trying to protect his identity. Although with the entire internet knowing its him that seems a bit silly.

I'm amazed by the number of people who are more willing to believe that there is a Fake Curry Man than to believe that Daniels just has a wig under the mask. Hell, I've known at least two indy workers who had masks with fake hair built in.

I'm amazed by the number of people who are more willing to believe that there is a Fake Curry Man than to believe that Daniels just has a wig under the mask. Hell, I've known at least two indy workers who had masks with fake hair built in.

I agree with Jingus, there are a lot of workers out there who will wrestle under a mask so they can have two matches a night and a lot of them will try to change up the masked gimmick as much as they possibly can to make sure people can't reconize them. They could change up their voice, their walk, their ENTIRE wrestling style and move set, and doing small things with their clothes to make sure they can cover up anything that would make them noticable.

I agree with Jingus, there are a lot of workers out there who will wrestle under a mask so they can have two matches a night and a lot of them will try to change up the masked gimmick as much as they possibly can to make sure people can't reconize them. They could change up their voice, their walk, their ENTIRE wrestling style and move set, and doing small things with their clothes to make sure they can cover up anything that would make them noticable.

TSM, where you get cutting edge information that no one would ever figure out on their own...

TSM, where you get cutting edge information that no one would ever figure out on their own...

like the person who created this thread!

I've seen Curry Man before and on the occasions I'd seen him, he didn't have hair at the back of the mask. However, now someone says that he has had it before, that takes away what seemed to be a problem with continuity. And like I said, my wife thinks he has a slightly different skin tone (which I can't comment on, due to aforesaid colourblindness). I was just asking opinions, is all.

It's pretty obviously Daniels. The week on Impact they did the backstage promo with shark boy and curry, you can see it's Daniels' eyes through the mask, plus look at the hands, they have the same wrinkles (I don't know what else to call them) that Daniels has.

You can tell a wrestler by his hand wrinkles? Somebody watches a bit too much! I couldn't even tell my girlfriend by her hand wrinkles.

I purposely looked at old videos to see his hands, as they're the only body parts visible in his costume (besides eyes), and Daniels does have very veiny/wrinkled hands.

But the way you know its him is cuz of the eyes. I was just calling to attention minor details here.

His "Japanese" consisting of just mentioning Puroresu names is brilliant.

I still remember the promo I saw of him after.... I want to say it was a Super J Cup. After losing he just goes off on everything. Doesn't even try Japanese. Then at the end he says, "Curry Man es ICHIBAN! FUCK!" and storms off. I busted out laughing.

The best part of that 2000 J Cup promo, is he walks up to CIMA who he was aligned with (in Super Curry Max) and begins to go off on how he has to win now...CIMA has absolutely no idea what to do, but goes along with it.

And yeah, Curry Man is obviously Daniels. If you've seen Curry Man in Japan, it's clearly the same guy.