TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

FROM THE FIRE '08 CARD!

FTF.jpg

LIVE! to tape/DVD from The Cintas Center in Cincinnati, Ohio!

cincinnati_cintas.jpg

February 29th is the date since it took so long to post this! 7PM CST is the due date! I didn't put it on the poster because it clutters up my excellent Photoshopping, which as I'm sure you'll all agree is much more important than the writing itself!

(send all marked matches, promos etc to King Cucaracha)

The 2008 Clusterfuck provided not one but TWO major shocks that have changed the face of the SWF completely! We said that last time but it bears repeating. Michael Alexander overcame his first test as World Champion. Now he faces the ultimate underdog, finding himself in the rare position of odds-on favourite. Will he buckle under the pressure? Will the 2008 continue to be the Year Of The Upset? When will we find out the stipulation!?!?

SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
Michael Alexander© vs. El Hombre Sin Nombre

Nobody expected El Hombre Sin Nombre to win the 2008 Clusterfuck. That could be because he wasn't an officially named entrant. It could also be because nobody had ever heard of him before January 25th, even our world-wise Commissioner Landon Maddix. But, he did win.

Now, the luchadore has earned himself the chance of a lifetime, a shot at the World Title at From The Fire. Only once has a Clusterfuck winner failed to go on to win the big prize at FTF (that also being our brilliant Commissioner, btw). And in the year already dubbed the Year Of The Upset, the omens look quite promising for him. However, standing in his way is Michael Alexander. The Mad Scientist Of The Mat has plotted his rise to the World Title in double-quick time, by virtue of his own upset victory over Toxxic in January. His confidence bouyed by a successful first defence against MANSON, now Alexander must hope the form book works in his favour, rather than the history books.

Word Limit: 6500
Rules: TBA
Send To: King Cucaracha

Grudge Match
"The Superior One" Tom Flesher vs. "The Hardcore Queen" Annie Onita

Well, where to start?

These two don't like each other. Their history spans the SWF history books. And Tom is doinking Annie's formely lesbian sister, Allison, which I doubt she's best pleased about. Sounds like the recipe for a good fight! Both coming off wins at Can't Get A Date earlier in the month, the two old rivals' paths clash one more time, perhaps seeing each other as obstacles towards a run at the World Title, perhaps just relishing the chance to beat the snot out of each other once again. Whatever the motives, Annie will be hoping to improve her record against The Superior One, while Tom will be eager to prove he's superior to... well, females all over the world, but especially Annie.

Word Limit: 5000
Rules: Standard singles
Send To: Toxxic

INTO The Fire Match!
SWF Tag Team Champion Va'aiga vs. The Insane Luchador

Incase you've been living under a rock, or at least resided there in the recent past, Va'aiga is a bad man. Incase you've been living under a rock, or just can't read, The Insane Luchador is insane. And a luchador. Err, kind of. Anyway, there's nothing these two like more than the opportunity to inflict pain and in interesting, disturbing ways. So, what better reason for the return of the interesting, disturbing hardcore stipulation match to the SWF? And if this show is 'From The Fire', then one of these two is heading back there real quick.

Word Limit: 4500
Rules: No DQs, COs, etc. The first man to put their opponent through a table once it has been set alight will win the match. Extra ring staff will be drafted in to make sure nobody burns to a crisp, although I'm sure IL wouldn't be too phased by death :P

Alan Clark vs. Dance Dance Dragon
The ever changing face of Alan Clark returned at Can't Get A Date, although not in the way he would have hoped. After a quick humbling by Tom Flesher, a ring-rusted Clark now finds himself with a reputation to restore. The Dance Dance Dragon on the other hand is building his reputation from scratch. Impressive showings against Wildchild have helped. But his failure to come away with the Cruiserweight Title from those showings make that small consolation. Dragon has made it clear, despite being a mute who communicates through dance, that he wants a third go-around with DubCee. A victory over Clark would do his chances no harm. Easier said than done.

The fun may not last long in this one.

Rules: Cruiserweight Rules. You know the score by now
Send To: JHawk

Opportunity Knocks; Triple Threat Match
MANSON vs. Taiga Star vs. The Fabulous Jakey

These three competitors are all at different stages in their SWF tenures. MANSON, the grizzled veteran, who's impressive win-streak was halted at Can't Get A Date by his World Champion partner. Taiga, fresh on the scene and holder of some impressive victories under her belt already, with potential upside. Jakey is caught somewhere in the middle. A former champion, he's stuck in a little bit of a rut now that Revolution Zero has seemingly crumbled around him. One thing these three share is a desire for success. Good news. Winner gets a title shot. They just have to go through the two others to get it. Have at it!

Rules: One fall wins it. If Taiga or Jakey win, they earn a Cruiserweight Title shot. If MANSON wins, he and Michael Alexander, Slaughterhouse-5, earn a shot at the Tag Team gold.
Send To: Dace59

S.I.N vs. Johnathan Clarke
Another new face gets his bearth at From The Fire. The man known as S.I.N comes in with the pedigree of being former SWF star Perfect Bo's student, meaning he already has something to live up to. Having something to prove should be nothing new to the Bronx native however and somehow I doubt he'll be feeling too much in the way of pressure. Let's see what he's got.

Word Limit: 3500

Krista Isadora Duncan vs. Aaron Starr
The SWF is no longer a man's world. With Annie's impressive return and Taiga's impressive first impression, the ladies are stepping out of the kitchen and onto the faces of those put against them! So what better time than to resurrect the Women's Title introduce a new female competitor. Not just any competitor mind you, but Krista Isadora Duncan. A gal with a resumé as long as your arm. A New York Times best selling author. Her own line of fitness videos. Her own TV show on VH1! Four time OAOAST World Tag Team Champion. And the ability to destroy a person/team's credibility in the time it takes to cut a promo (about 15 minutes). Landon's paid many a dollar to prise her away from her numerous activities and ventures for one night. Let's hope it's worth it.

(Oh, and she has a secret bastard child, but let's not go there!)

Word Limit: 3500
Send To: King Cucaracha

(Anyway who still wants to contribute, you know who to call. Any promos more than welcome, whether on the card or not, as well.)
Edited by King Cucaracha

I'm disappointed that you no-sold the 'Borders and Boundaries' tour after one stop, Landon.

Bo, you'll find your opponent's stats in the Enhancement Talent thread.

Edited by Toxxic

In classic triple threat style, DQs are not actually in force. However, gratuitous hardcore is not encouraged simply because there's no DQs.

In classic triple threat style, DQs are not actually in force. However, gratuitous hardcore is not encouraged simply because there's no DQs.

Hardcore is never gratuitous.

*mumbles something about being able to do a 'legit' wrestling match*

I'LL SHOW YOU! YOU'LL SEE!

Sorry Toxx, I had a momentarily lapse thanks to having to write every triple threat for the past year as elimination style thanks to my Disney Sponsorship. Except, of course, for Xmas 06, which was when only I could get DQed. Of course triple threats are no-dq. Hell, I'm usually the one telling everyone in the WWE folder that every time they book one and someone uses a chair or something.

Xmas 06 International Title...fun match right there.

I'm pretty sure we had at least one triple threat where a DQ eliminated you and left the match 1 v. 1 in the past. Though I could be wrong. But yeah, as Toxxic said, there's No DQs but it's not a 'hardcore match' per se.

Markers will hopefully be up later.

EDIT: And by later, I mean now.

Edited by King Cucaracha

I distinctly remember getting DQd in a triple threat match to retain the International Title. Depends on who's booking and/or marking.

I'm pretty sure we had at least one triple threat where a DQ eliminated you and left the match 1 v. 1 in the past. Though I could be wrong. But yeah, as Toxxic said, there's No DQs but it's not a 'hardcore match' per se.

Markers will hopefully be up later.

EDIT: And by later, I mean now.

The Xmas match was what I was talking about. Mike Cross and Akira Kawhatsits could do whatever they wanted, but if i did anything DQ-worthy I could be DQed and then the match would have been just Akira and Cross.

I distinctly remember getting DQd in a triple threat match to retain the International Title. Depends on who's booking and/or marking.

it's different because there are no titles on the line?

It could have been due to specific storyline events, or the preferences of the bookers at that time.

Opportunity Knocks; Triple Threat Match

MANSON vs. Taiga Star vs. The Fabulous Jakey

These three competitors are all at different stages in their SWF tenures. MANSON, the grizzled veteran, who's impressive win-streak was halted at Can't Get A Date by his World Champion partner. Taiga, fresh on the scene and holder of some impressive victories under her belt already, with potential upside. Jakey is caught somewhere in the middle. A former champion, he's stuck in a little bit of a rut now that Revolution Zero has seemingly crumbled around him. One thing these three share is a desire for success. Good news. Winner gets a title shot. They just have to go through the two others to get it. Have at it!

Rules: One fall wins it. If Taiga or Jakey win, they earn a Cruiserweight Title shot. If MANSON wins, he and Michael Alexander, Slaughterhouse-5, earn a shot at the Tag Team gold.

Send To: Dace59

dace59... are you sure? because it says he hasn't been on since December...

He probably hasn't. However, he assures me he'll check in to mark.

I know. My answer was for the benefit of Jakey and Manson as well.

Yep, I'm checking in. Ohhh, I even have stuff to start marking. Yay stuff to read. You people make me happy. In a very special way :P

*gasp*

IT LIVES!

*starts hastily dismantling lightning conductor*

Yep, I'm checking in. Ohhh, I even have stuff to start marking. Yay stuff to read. You people make me happy. In a very special way :P

in my pants

Sign in to follow this