TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Tonight on Raw the first Hall of Fame class of 2008 inductee will be annouced tonight. So I figure we might as well get the discussion going. I'll be updating the list of inductees as we get more and more names.

WWE Hall Of Fame 2008 Inductees

1. Ric Flair - Rumored to be inducted by HHH

2. High Chief Peter Maivia - Inducted by The Rock

3. Rocky Johnson - Inducted by the Rock

4. Mae Young - Inducted by Stephanie McMahon

5. Jack and Gerald Brisco, the Brisco Brothers

6. Eddie Graham - Inducted by Dusty Rhodes

7. Gordon Solie - Inducted by Jim Ross

They'll probably hold off on announcing Flair. After some consideration, I think Jake Roberts will be the first announced. With his rehab stint and thanking WWE for it, I see them rewarding him with a HOF spot.

Guest dustinbeaverton

I was discussing WM with a kid who never, never watches wrestling. He asked me if Andre The Giant was going to be there... and after I explained that Andre was quite dead, he asked about the Honky Tonk Man... which made me think... is he in the HOF already? If not, maybe this year?

I was discussing WM with a kid who never, never watches wrestling. He asked me if Andre The Giant was going to be there... and after I explained that Andre was quite dead, he asked about the Honky Tonk Man... which made me think... is he in the HOF already? If not, maybe this year?

HTM has turned it down in the past because he's afraid of what he'll have to give up in terms of rights to his character. He owns everything related to "The Honky Tonk Man", and he's very particular about signing away any potential money to be made off of it on the indy circuit.

Guest dustinbeaverton

No kidding, how active is he anyway? And how much is he going to earn? Lame.

HTM is pretty active in the indy market. I'm not sure how many shows he does per year but it's likely around 18-25 shows a year, not to mention the conventions.

I'm guessing Mae Young will be the next announcement.

I still see the class going like this:

Ric Flair

Mae Young

Rocky Johnson and Peter Maivia (Depending on The Rock's schedule)

A great tag-team (Road Warriors or Freebirds)

Ted DiBiase or Ricky Steamboat (I still think Flair and Steamboat should go in together)

A Championship Wrestling from Florida Guy - Barry Windham, Eddie Graham, or Gordon Solie

1-2 more "loyal company" guys

I get the feeling this HOF will be kind of a 4 Horsemen HOF.

Arn, Barry, Melenko, Dillon are assured to appear (not sure if Dillon and Melenko would be considered worthy). Would Ole and Tully appear? I wouldn't put Pillman in exclusively for his spot as Horsemen but he wouldn't be a bad choice. I figure Jericho would induct Melenko, Heenan (if capable) does the honors for Arn. Ole can have another old timer like Jack Brisco. Tully? I'm not sure but perhaps Dusty since they had a pretty good history together as rivals but he may want someone else. Windham getting inducted by Jack Lanza seems right. If they did include Pillman, Austin would be a no-brainer.

I don't see why Tully wouldn't appear if they asked him.

According to Gerweck.net Ole is suffering from MS. So not only does he have heat with Ric Flair. He may not healthy enough to show up.

Do we know who the tag team going in this year will be?

Why wouldn't Tully appear? I thought he was still on a good page with the WWE? I ment 4 Horsemen themed as they'll add certain members from the 4 Horsemen, I doubt they would add everyone who was in the Horsemen as I'm sure Ole hates the WWE. But make it like when Hogan was inducted and not really promote those who helped make Hogan's career inducted for that.

Steamboat makes sense, I'd love to see Dibiase go in this year though.

I also nominate Rick Martel.

Is Demolition a possibility?

Steamboat makes sense, I'd love to see Dibiase go in this year though.

I also nominate Rick Martel.

Is Demolition a possibility?

I'd bet good money the Road Warriors or even the Freebirds go in before Demolition.

The Lack of Love for Jack Tunney and Howard Finkel make me sad

:(

Yeah, J.R. made a comment in a recent blog about how Howard should be in the Hall of Fame much sooner than later. It would be nice if he goes in this year.

-.....AND NEWWWWWWWWWWW WORD WRESTLING FEDERATION CHAMPION... BRET "HITMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" HART!!!!!!!!

-THE REFEREE HAS DETERMINED...THAT THIS MATCH SHALL CONTINUE!!!

-HOWEVER....TITLES CANNOT CHANGE HANDS AS RESULT OF A DISQUALIFICATION....THEREFORE STILL WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS...MONEY INCORPORATED!!!

-NOW LET'S SEE WHO DREW NUMBER 1!!!

Yeah, J.R. made a comment in a recent blog about how Howard should be in the Hall of Fame much sooner than later. It would be nice if he goes in this year.

Nobody does 'And NEEEEWWWWWWW blahblahblah Champion...' like the Fink. Best wrestling ring announcer ever.

Yeah The Fink is the shit, he should've been elected along time ago.

The Fink >>>>>>>>> Michael Buffer

Agreed, and Fink also should be the announcer for Raw still.

The Fink>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Vivian" Garcia

Agreed, and Fink also should be the announcer for Raw still.

The Fink>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Vivian" Garcia

No kidding. 9 years and Lillian Garcia still sucks at ring announcing.

Lillian in 2001: "Theeeee Allowance!"

Yeah The Fink is the shit, he should've been elected along time ago.

The Fink >>>>>>>>> Michael Buffer

It would be great if they let Finkle do the whole of WM24. He is unquestionably the best announcer. Such a great voice!

I'd love WWE to put him in the HOF.

Nobody does 'And NEEEEWWWWWWW blahblahblah Champion...' like the Fink. Best wrestling ring announcer ever.

I remember always holding my breath until I heard Howard say the word "New"

Howard made the explanation of the Royal Rumble rules enjoyable.

I guess they don't see any rush to put him in. Of course you have no rush to put Gordon Solie in either.