TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Howard made the explanation of the Royal Rumble rules enjoyable.

I guess they don't see any rush to put him in. Of course you have no rush to put Gordon Solie in either.

Solie was the voice of Florida wrestling, where Wrestlemania is held this year.

I understand why Solie is going in this year.

The post was more about Fink not being in, than Solie going in this year.

What's the backup plan if the Rock isn't available. Someone like Jack Briscoe or Eddie Graham?

I understand why Solie is going in this year.

The post was more about Fink not being in, than Solie going in this year.

What's the backup plan if the Rock isn't available. Someone like Jack Briscoe or Eddie Graham?

Solie isn't a guarantee for this year. A while back, a story came out saying that people (Dusty especially) are pushing hard for Solie to be inducted, but McMahon is reluctant due to things Solie said about him in the past. As much as he should get in, if they do put in a CWF guy... I wouldn't be shocked if they went with Eddie Graham.

It is shocking that The Fink, the ULTIMATE company man, isn't in yet.

Well, Solie can't talk shit about McMahon anymore since he's dead. I'm sure his widow/kids would be more than happy to make a tearful happy speech about him and we all get a standing O feel-good moment. Have Dusty induct him and put Flar-Rhodes from Starrcade 85 on the HOF DVD. Easy as pie.

Expect the same for Bruno, Backlund, Warrior, HTM, and all others who feel they're above doing the HOF. You will either accept a plaque in person or you will be inducted posthumously. That's the genius of the HOF: since WWE owns North America's wrestling history, they can rewrite it however they wish. You can be a huge star like Bruno and die defiant of WWE, but they will induct you ex post facto so it looks like "WWE loves wrestling's founding fathers."

Plus, marks think that the WWE HOF means something, so they think less of people who aren't in the HOF.

The Lack of Love for Jack Tunney and Howard Finkel make me sad

:(

Yeah, J.R. made a comment in a recent blog about how Howard should be in the Hall of Fame much sooner than later. It would be nice if he goes in this year.

Nobody does 'And NEEEEWWWWWWW blahblahblah Champion...' like the Fink. Best wrestling ring announcer ever.

I remember always holding my breath until I heard Howard say the word "New"

Haha yea, Fink was a great announcer. I remember back in the day, when a title change happened, it seemed like the crowds would wait to pop or boo until the Fink yelled "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!".

"Jake Roberts is scheduled to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame next month. Prowrestling.net has learned that he will be released temporarily from treatment to attend the award and someone will be assigned to keep an eye on him. There are also rumblings that Scott Hall, who is in the same treatment facility in Georgia, might attend the Hall of Fame ceremony with Roberts."

credit prowrestling.net--Jason Powell

From the Wrestling Observer:

-- WWE will fill out the rest of the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2008 with the following individuals: Mae Young, announcer Gordon Solie, Jack & Gerald Brisco, and Eddie Graham. Those names have been confirmed for induction into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. The latter four individuals were big stars in the Florida territory in the 60's and 70's. There are also rumors swirling around that Jake "The Snake" Roberts will be inducted with this year's HOF class, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Wrestlers already announced for the Hall of Fame include Ric Flair, Rocky Johnson and Peter Maivia.

We all know who will induct Flair (HHH), but who *should* do it? Arn Anderson, Dusty Rhodes, and maybe even Ricky Steamboat are the obvious choices, with Dusty getting the nod simply b/c on the surface he'd make for the most entertaining intro.

Any thoughts on who's going to induct Mae? I could see it being Pat Patterson or even Steph. (Too bad the person who would be perfect isn't with us.)

If Solie goes in, JR is the obvious choice.

We all know who will induct Flair (HHH), but who *should* do it? Arn Anderson, Dusty Rhodes, and maybe even Ricky Steamboat are the obvious choices, with Dusty getting the nod simply b/c on the surface he'd make for the most entertaining intro.

Any thoughts on who's going to induct Mae? I could see it being Pat Patterson or even Steph. (Too bad the person who would be perfect isn't with us.)

If Solie goes in, JR is the obvious choice.

Arn Anderson should really be the only person to induct Flair.

No idea about Mae, but Jim Ross would most likely induct Gordon Solie.

Hulk Hogan told the Daytona Beach News that he may be inducting Eddie Graham into the WWE hall of Fame.

Hogan will claim to be inducting Mae Young if someone will listen. I'm not well versed in the history of Florida Wrestling but what connections does Hogan have, if any?

Hogan will claim to be inducting Mae Young if someone will listen. I'm not well versed in the history of Florida Wrestling but what connections does Hogan have, if any?

Hogan got his start in Florida, trained by Hiro Matsuda (among others).

Someone's got to induct Eddie Graham. I thought it would be Dusty Rhodes. They have more of a history with Dusty wrestling in Florida back in the 70s. Mike Graham of course would accept for his father.

What about the Brisco Brothers? Do they go in together, or do they give seperate speeches?

Guest NitroJMS

I'd imagine Steph or maybe a diva will induct Mae. Getting Trish to come back for one night to do it certainly wouldn't hurt the ratings at all. If her induction is going to be more comical, then I'd say Patterson or Mark Henry.

My other picks for inductions:

Flair / Anderson

Solie / JR

Graham / Dusty

Briscoes / Patterson

I don't think we'll see anyone else that's a big name this year (like Jake) since they'll be overshadowed greatly by Flair and the return of the Rock to do the induction of his family.

I'd imagine Steph or maybe a diva will induct Mae. Getting Trish to come back for one night to do it certainly wouldn't hurt the ratings at all. If her induction is going to be more comical, then I'd say Patterson or Mark Henry.

I would think if anyone it might be Mean Gene.

I see HHH inducting Flair and HBK retiring him the next night.

Kliq happens.

Even in 2008

Why the need for the"Kliq" comment? HHH inducting Flair wouldn't be a travesty. It's Flair's choice and HHH would be more then appropriate to do the honors.

They have people on the payroll that have wrestled with and against Flair over a thousand times.

Do you really think Flair would pick HHH over AA?

And I don't buy for a second that it's Flair's call. It's on TV...It's not Flair's choice.

I see HHH inducting Flair and HBK retiring him the next night.

Kliq happens.

Even in 2008

Why the need for the"Kliq" comment? HHH inducting Flair wouldn't be a travesty. It's Flair's choice and HHH would be more then appropriate to do the honors.

What? Don't you know? Triple H will probably bury Flair during his induction, and then give him a pedigree right afterwards. Duh.

They have people on the payroll that have wrestled with and against Flair over a thousand times.

And I don't buy for a second that it's Flair's call. It's on TV...It's not Flair's choice.

I don't think those going into the Hall of Fame. really get to pick who inducts them. I believe last year Jerry Lawler wanted Memphis announcer Lance Russell to do it but got turned down because no one knew who he was. Flair will be inducted by whoever McMahon tells him he'll be inducted by. Arn Anderson would be the ideal choice but Flair has his own head so far up HHH's ass that it probably will be HHH. He'll probably also spend several minutes putting HHH over.

Yes.

5 years ago, I would have said no way. Flair has been long enough in the business to understand when to suck up to powerful and influential people.

Yes.

5 years ago, I would have said no way. Flair has been long enough in the business to understand when to suck up to powerful and influential people.

Not just sucking up but I really think he does have his head far up HHH's ass and maybe even has a mancrush on him.