TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2008

So, anyone think Rock and Cena will have a confrontation or showdown tonight? At least The Rock gives Cena a piece of his mind after getting trashed a few weeks ago by him?

WHAT WAS SAID?

1. Don't yell.

2. Search for a thread about it. Basically in a January interview that was published much later, Cena said Rock should give back to the business a bit more if he's going to insist on saying he loves it so much.

Edit: Thought Greek had wanted a recap of what Rock said to Cena.. not the original Cena lines to Rock. My bad.

Rock made a mention about "cruel punishment" going on in Iraq being performed by the WWE.

Said many people hadn't heard of it, but it entailed taking terrorists and locking them in a room and forcing them to watch The Marine.

A good laugh was had by all with Rock winking at a laughing Cena. Rock then chuckled and said something to the effect of: "Hey, I was in Doom.."

I liked the crack he had about Jericho's hair better. Jericho's response was pretty funny as well. :)

Is that the first time they've made mention of Yokozuna actually being Samoan?

Wrestling Families DVD was the first mention, I think.

Yeah, they said it on the Wrestling Families DVD.

Anyone else notice they edited Rocky Johnson saying WWF and changed it to WWE?

Oh wait, nevermind. I thought Cena would give an actual speech and not some in-character like bullshit.

My bad.

1. Don't yell.

2. Search for a thread about it. Basically in a January interview that was published much later, Cena said Rock should give back to the business a bit more if he's going to insist on saying he loves it so much.

Thanks bro..

screw Cena - he cant hold The Rocks jockstrap IMO

I thought it was pretty much agreed that the article took Cena's comments out of context. I seem to remember the whole interview being posted somewhere and it becoming pretty obvious.

Well...I can't wait to buy the DVD to see the Flair speech in its entirety.

It would be cool if WWE.com put it up...but something tells me I'm waiting to pay for it.

They will probably have the full Hall Of Fame on 24/7 in a couple of months. That's what they did with 2006 and 2007.

I doubt they'll do this, but I think it would be a nice touch:

When they acknowledge all of the HOF inductees at Wrestlemania tomorrow, I think it would be great if Flair is the last person they announce... and that is how the match with Michaels starts. He makes his entrance amongst the rest of the Hall of Fame members.

That would be great, (in fact, it would be perfect), but they'll probably bring him out AFTER the match and retirement hoopla, fresh out of the shower.

"Hey Ric, I know that was your last match and you're a complete wreck, but hit the showers! We've got the HOF segment in 20 minutes!"

Remember at WM 21 when Piper went back out there an hour or so after getting pummeled by Austin during Piper's Pit?

..and why would Bruno be inducted? There's never going to be a resolution there and even if he was approached, he'd probably refuse.

Why should Bruno be inducted? Maybe because he was one of the best babyfaces the company had, was champion for eight years, and has sold out MSG a near-record number of times. If Bruno is going to refuse, that's his choice. But it would add a ton of credibility to the HoF to have Bruno inducted. If Bruno doesn't want to appear, fine. Induct him anyway, give him a nice speech and presentation, and let the choice be Bruno's as to whether he appears. It might make WWE look like the bigger people if they're willing to do all that for someone they admittedly have no love for.

1. You can't induct someone if they don't want to be inducted. They might as well wait until he's dead, then.

2. It wouldn't make WWE look like "bigger people" - no one cares about the feud between the two, anymore. Well, except the people who want to nitpick about the HOF inductees.

I just got back from the HOF. And while the Rock was awesome, what will probably linger in my mind about tonight was during Flairs speech, he mentioned all of the Horsemen that he enjoyed being with and dropped Benoits name. After a second of uncomfortable silence in the room, only about one or two people booed and then the whole crowd pretty much marked out huge and Id say it was probably the number 3 pop of the night. I was in shock. Extremely surreal.

Dames

If Bruno or Bob doesn't want to go in then I don't think any of their family members would be there to induct him or make his acceptance speech, and if you're going to have to reach to bit players in their careers to induct them and bit players in their career to accept on their behalf, you may as well wait until there's no doubt in anyone's mind that they will never say yes to an induction offer.

I just got back from the HOF. And while the Rock was awesome, what will probably linger in my mind about tonight was during Flairs speech, he mentioned all of the Horsemen that he enjoyed being with and dropped Benoits name. After a second of uncomfortable silence in the room, only about one or two people booed and then the whole crowd pretty much marked out huge and Id say it was probably the number 3 pop of the night. I was in shock. Extremely surreal.

Dames

That is pretty surprising. Would have figured that fans wouldn't be so forgiving that quick.

I hope we get to see the full flair speech soon. Although I knew going in it would be edited for tv time, it sort of pissed me off they didn't show him mentioning AA. When you think of Ric flair you have to think of arn anderson and today's fans probably don't realize how important he was. It was hard not to get watery eyes watching it on tv, were the crowd as emotional about it as it came across on tv?

Btw, Steph needs to watch those sagging tits of hers. Her entire right tit was just about hanging out when they panned over to her in the rock's speech.

Flair got a standing O for the first 5 mins and he was choked up, which got people in the audience choked up right away. During the course of his speech, he put certain guys over huge and they cried, Big Show, Edge and Steamboat especially. It was about a 90 minute speech and HHH had to come over and whisper to him 3 times to wrap it up but Flair had so much to say that every time he was getting the wrap up signals, the fans would boo it ferociously. I really didn't want the speech to end.

Oh and HHH and Flair took some pot shots at the Rock during their speeches which came off kinda petty. HHH said something along the lines of "The Rocks fans, or should we say DWAYNE fans now" and the place almost booed HHH out of the building to the point he had to backpedal and say "it was a joke, geez...".

And Flair made it a point to put over Cena (who also cried) and said that he truly loves the business and won't be leaving for Hollywood. But the fans weren't about to shit on Flair tonigjht.

Dames

Traffic was ridiculous so I got to the HOF about 10 minutes late and boy, was I PISSED to find out Rocky was 1st cuz I missed a bit of his speech, but he went on for about 90 minutes. I just watched the USA version and they cut out SO MUCH its not even funny. The Rock was playing to every single chant the crowd came up with and at first, it was the "one more match" chant. He then talked about he wants one more match with Austin. He talked about his wm 19 match with austin and what they talked about after it was done.

Then he hit a ton of catchphrases and the crowd marked out. He made fun of Cena with the Marine dig and the crowd booed Cena big time. He then said that he wishes he could have a match with Cena (Cena reacted by saying "ANYTIME!") and wants to work with Rey. Then the crowd chanted for HBK/Rock and Rock played nice and said it would be great if it ever happened. Then the crowd chanted "three more matches"....

Rock then introduced his father, who spoke for about 15 minutes. His speech was clearly written out for him and Rocky Johnson at one point didn't seem pleased with what was written cuz he turned to Rock and said "Who wrote this!?".

Then, Rock spoke for another 5 mins or so and talked about his grandfather. He started to get choked up and said "man, I get paid 15 million to cry in the movies now" in a playful tone basically saying he was embarrassed he was getting emotional.

Then, he introduced his mom who spoke for 20 mins herself and she was getting visibly annoyed with the jackasses in the crowd shouting shit to the point The Rock had to make a motion to the crowd to quit it. It was a nice speech though. The highlight was when she talked about being so proud of the Rock from the moment he was a pebble. The crowd started chanting "pebble, pebble" and Rocky got on the mic and deadpanned "don't do that chant....EVER!" LOL. Rocks mom also made it a point to say hello to "UMANGA" to a pop. She said she knows what his name really means and it has "nothing to do with a monkey!" She also said that she knew that The Rock would eventually layeth the smacketh down on candy asses and Rocky genuinely laughed at that. She then got emotional talking about her dad.

Flairs speech on USA was criminally edited as they only showed the last 5 mins after he was told to wrap up. He told a ton of stories and put over Edge as a true friend who taught him some new tricks when it came time to do his first ladder match. He put over Big Show (who Rock also said he was really proud of) and that after breaking into the biz with Andre in the 70's, he can honestly say Show is the best big man ever. Show fuckin lost it after that, crying like a baby. He put over his time in Evolution, especially Batista as he said he taught Dave how to dress and taught Cena how to drink. He called Cena the future of the biz.

There's tons more im forgetting right now, it IS 330am

Dames

Wow, that's a great way to assure the Rock won't ever do anything with WWE again. He shows up for the Hall of Fame to make a 90 minute speech right in the middle of filming a movie, and Triple H and Ric Flair go out and make jabs at him. Really classy.

HHH's dig at Rocky did seem playful, but Flairs seemed dead serious.

I heard that Rocky had to do his speech first so he could leave ASAP so who knows if he even knows at this point what was said.

Oh, that reminds me, Flair put over Austin huge and called him the biggest star in the history of the business and the people who say its Hogan are wrong. It seemed like Flair could do no wrong in the fans eyes tonight. I was almost waiting for a Bret dig but it didn't happen. And keep in mind these are just a one or two liners in a 90 minute speech that was great so it didn't really bring down the emotion at all.

Dames

I've had a great weekend so far. I'll post more when I get back but I went to ROH last night, TNA and fan axxess and HOF today, Mania tomorrow and Raw monday.

Then ROH in Boston april 11th, TNA fan axxess on the 12th and lockdown the 13th. I love it!

Dames

Guest cheetoe

HHH and Flair having issues with Rocky making it outside of wrestling is just lame. HHH has been turned down for roles despite numerous attempts at breaking into film and Flairs latest attempt was that mortage company that was about 5 years too late to be profitable. I suppose it would be better if he hung around and buried the future stars of the business to feed his own ego, or maybe hang around until he's in his 50's and we can call him "The Boulder" or some silly shit. :( The sad thing is Flair should be above it... regardless i still think Flair is great, but Hunter needs to just get over it.

Other than that it sounds like it was a good, memorable HoF ceremony. :)