TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Seriously, they need to STFU and be thankful The Rock even attended the damn thing!

Well, I have to give the Rock credit. He didn't have to be there for the Hall of Fame. He said a while ago, The Rock is dead, it's now Dwyane Johnson. Can't he just go by that for good? The man gave his time for the business, had more respect for it than Brock Lesnar and Goldberg combined and made them enough money.

If this is reason for heat, I truly hope his DVD has NO ONE but Dwyane on it. Save the snide remarks from HHH or whoever else for another DVD. The more I think about it, the more I can see why Rock respects Bret so much more than HHH and HBK. Clearly Hart and Johnson have the same hatred for HHH and HBK and I say good for them.

Just like to add, in the end, The Rock owes NOBODY a damn thing. Not Vince, not HBK, not HHH for damn sure, no one.

While I like Dwayne and all, it wasn't his night. He was there to induct his dad and granddad, but he stole the spotlight from them. He didn't have to. I really thought it was funny, but to be confused as to why the WWE reacted like that? Come on.

Maybe this was his way to get the wwe to stop asking him to come back. They don't seem to understand that Wrestling was never the Rock's first love. He tried professional football and that wasn't working out for him, so he decided to slum it wrestling until he took off and first chance he got he ran to Hollywood.

I wonder how much was him being aloof, as to the hyper-sensitive wrestlers nitpicking every perceived slight, real or imagined. Then they start acting different towards him and he picks up on it and starts acting differently, and the wrestlers pick up on this new "different" and go into full snark mode.

It happens all the time when a member of a peer group gets a promotion - it ruins the dynamics and nobody and everybody is to blame.

If this is reason for heat, I truly hope his DVD has NO ONE but Dwyane on it. Save the snide remarks from HHH or whoever else for another DVD. The more I think about it, the more I can see why Rock respects Bret so much more than HHH and HBK. Clearly Hart and Johnson have the same hatred for HHH and HBK and I say good for them.

Just like to add, in the end, The Rock owes NOBODY a damn thing. Not Vince, not HBK, not HHH for damn sure, no one.

If Rock hates HBK so much, then why did he put him over big time Saturday by saying he would love to have a match with him as he never faced him.

If Rock hates HBK so much, then why did he put him over big time Saturday by saying he would love to have a match with him as he never faced him.

Just to make the fans feel good. I'm sure the Rock wasn't sincere about it and would rather work with Cena, Orton, or somebody else before he faces HBK.

That is the Undertaker's real name. Is that your opinion or was that reported as news, Gert? I took it as a joke.

I call bullshit

Me too. Jericho and so on looked like they liked the goofing Rock did.

I'm sure Santino loved being on the other end of "IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!".

Hey "Dwayne" has done that line against some of the greatest of all-time. At least he didn't get the Juventud treatment :lol:

Guest cheetoe
Mark Calloway was angry at Dwayne's antics and being pissed about not being referred to as the Rock.

He thinks The Rock is a mark for himself. :ph34r:

couldn't resist. ;)

I call bullshit

Me too. Jericho and so on looked like they liked the goofing Rock did.

I'm sure Santino loved being on the other end of "IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!".

Hey "Dwayne" has done that line against some of the greatest of all-time. At least he didn't get the Juventud treatment :lol:

I wasn't being sarcastic. I bet Santino really did enjoy it.

Alot of you guys are quick to defend The Rock even though you have no clue what happened. I agree, he doesn't owe anyone anything, but if the reports are true and he really didn't take the time to talk to anyone, even old friends, then that kind of does leave a sour taste in people's mouths.

Let's be honest. The only reason why WWE bothered to induct Johnson and Maivia was so that The Rock would come back even if only for a few hours. I'm sure they were expecting more out of him in terms of wanting him to be back with them and hanging out with them to celebrate the Mania weekend, and I can see where the hurt feelings would come from. That being said, if it was a message from Dwayne Johnson to stop bothering him to come back, then all the power to him. He really gave them all he could in his years with the WWF/E and owes nothing to them.

Could it also be that the Rock has just grown up and moved on? Maybe he doesn't want to hang around with peolpe who think that wrestler court and dumb ribs are fun. It's kind of like when you meet up with your high school friends after your done with college, only to find them still doing the same dumb shit.

Well, if Rock doesn't want to come back, why did he make a comment about having one more match, possibly against Austin?

I don't think he will come back, but it seems weird that he would say that if he totally hates WWE at this point.

What did you want him to say to a crowd full of WWE employees and fans? "I don't ever want to wrestle for this company again. I am too good for this shit now"?

Good heel promo.

Rock, circa 2003.

PWInsider.com-

For those wondering why Arn Anderson wasn't the one inducting Ric Flair into the WWE Hall of Fame over the weekend, the answer is simple - Flair requested that it be Triple H. During his acceptance speech, Flair spoke for some time about his friendship with Arn, which sadly was edited off the USA Network broadcast of the Hall of Fame ceremonies. The complete ceremony will be part of the 3 DVD version of the Wrestlemania XXIV DVD set.

So there you go

That is the Undertaker's real name. Is that your opinion or was that reported as news, Gert? I took it as a joke.

I assure you I meant nothing serious out of it! May have happened.....

That's what I figured. I laughed when I read it, but I you never know with the stories about "respect and decorum" that have come out about WWE over the years.

According to the latest F4W, while some thought Rock aloof others disagreed, and it was pointed out that he was in a hurry because he's in the middle of making his latest movie, and he had to "move heaven and earth" to get to do the Hall of Fame.

If it was that hard to get away from filming, I can imagine he didn't have a lot of time to talk with people. I would guess Rock was fine talking with people before his spot, but once he was done, he probably had to get out of there fast, and didn't have time to talk at length.