TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

Here's the thing. The Rock was face when HBK was face through most of 1997, then they both were heels at the same time. HHH would always be either a heel or face while The Rock was the other, so those guys would feud. Also, Shawn was out injured from 1998-2002, which was Rock's heyday. I'm sure if HBK was healthy during that time period then Rock would put his differences aside and work with him.

I wish peope would get off HHH's back when he put over your boy Jeff Hardy a month ago completely clean

That victory was presented as a fluke. And directly after the match HHH was even LAUGHING about it to show it didn't matter to him, which made Jeff look even more weak.

Add to that HHH not even talking about it the next night on Raw. I don't think Jeff even mentioned it, either. I know Jeff was being pushed towards Orton, but if it was that big of a deal, why wasn't Hunter talking about or at least acting like he was upset over losing to Hardy? If HHH didn't think losing to Jeff was a big deal, why should we?

I think you're looking into it too much. HHH wasn't upset because he was proud of Jeff in kayfabe.

Watching SSeries 95, Mr perfect flat out says "Shawn Micheals faked a concussion to avoid taking a pin to Dean Douglous"

McMahon: SHAWN WOULD NOT DO SUCH A THING!!

Hilarious

That is just as funny as the dialogue during the Bret/Owen cage match at Summerslam '94.

Lawler: "Can you imagine stepping into the ring to face a member of your own family, McMahon?"

Vince: "Not in a million years."

I wish peope would get off HHH's back when he put over your boy Jeff Hardy a month ago completely clean

That victory was presented as a fluke. And directly after the match HHH was even LAUGHING about it to show it didn't matter to him, which made Jeff look even more weak.

Add to that HHH not even talking about it the next night on Raw. I don't think Jeff even mentioned it, either. I know Jeff was being pushed towards Orton, but if it was that big of a deal, why wasn't Hunter talking about or at least acting like he was upset over losing to Hardy? If HHH didn't think losing to Jeff was a big deal, why should we?

I think you're looking into it too much. HHH wasn't upset because he was proud of Jeff in kayfabe.

If the idea was get that aspect of the storyline over, HHH, or Hardy, would have said something to get it over. The fact Hunter completely ignored his loss to Hardy the very next night tells you a lot. Assuming you're willing to hear the message.

I did think it was totally stupid for Jeff Hardy to pin Triple H clean and then HHH just chuckles about it.

I don't think people should worry about Triple H chuckling about Jeff Hardy beating him so much, we should just be happy that Triple H put over Hardy clean in the first place and leave it at that.

A poster on WrestlingFigs is claiming that in the latest F4W, Alvarez claims Stephanie McMahon is pregnant again and is expected to give birth to their second kid in July. Can anyone confirm?

The rumoured reason for HHH not being on raw is that his brother in law passed away over the weekend.

Shane McMahon might be dead? I guess Vince wouldn't have been on Raw this week though.

The rumoured reason for HHH not being on raw is that his brother in law passed away over the weekend.

Shane McMahon might be dead? I guess Vince wouldn't have been on Raw this week though.

Sister's husband.

Although I wouldn't put it past Vince to lose his beloved son and hours later still go on raw and show his ass.

Sister's husband.

Although I wouldn't put it past Vince to lose his beloved son and hours later still go on raw and show his ass.

All he'd want to do is let the healing begin.

A poster on WrestlingFigs is claiming that in the latest F4W, Alvarez claims Stephanie McMahon is pregnant again and is expected to give birth to their second kid in July. Can anyone confirm?

Is he going to knock her up repeatedly until he gets a son..so we can have HHH Jr at Wrestlemania 50?

I know there was a lot of comedy in that, but I wish I could have seen HHH's face when he was told the first kid was a daughter. You bet he's going to try and crank out a boy.

Hopefully, they all grow up hating wrestling like Lex Luger's kid.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Insider

Quote:

World Wrestling Entertainment signed 2007 Diva Search contestant Taryn Terrell, a New Orleans native, this week. After the Diva Search ended last year, Terrell had a one week training tryout down in WWE developmental. She's made a number of Playboy appearances in the past. For those of you who may not recall her offhand, you can check out pictures at this link...

http://www.wwe.com/divasearch/contestants/tarynterrell/

I don't know if this is the HHH family emergency, but I'm told Steph is pregnant again and due to pop in July.

Spring cleaning started in developmental with a bunch of dudes axed, including G-Rilla, Ace Steele, Cassidy Riley, Roadkill, Shawn Osbourne and Robert Anthony. G-Rilla, real name George Murdoch, was actually a bouncer in LA at a nightclub that Tommy Dreamer went to over the WrestleMania XXI weekend. He never watched wrestling and wasn't a fan but was convinced to give it a shot since he had an interesting look (four hundred pounds of blubber at 6'9"). Dreamer was after him for months before he signed. He had no wrestling experience and never really picked up the in-ring. Riley was formerly of TNA and jumped ship after Dusty Rhodes pushed hard for him (they'd worked together in TNA and Dusty liked him, thinking he looked like Dick Slater). They did a brothers gimmick in OVW with him and KC James, but Stephanie hated it and had it nixed (maybe it's a new deal similar to how Vince (who has a fake bastard kid in storyline) got pissed because the Rated Rmy were being pushed as brothers even though they weren't related).

Dusty used to have enough power to save a guy like this, so who knows what that means for him politically these days. Former creative team member Court Bauer had been pushing for Ace to be hired for a long time and finally got him the gig doing the Trump angle on Raw last year. He won everyone over and was given a developmental deal, but once Bauer was gone I suspect that was the end of Ace's chances for a push. There was an idea for last summer where he and Colt Cabana (who Ace trained, along with CM Punk) would be brought up to basically play what is now the Rated Rmy, with Steele being more serious and Cabana being more goofy. Never happened.

Roadkill was said to be on the chopping block for a long time. John Lauranitis was his biggest proponent and put him over huge to Vince, saying he could be a great One Man Gang-level heel, plus he could talk. No one has any idea where he determined that since Roadkill had largely done one-word promos his entire career. Vince saw pictures of him and thought he looked great, but then came up with an idea for a 70s-style Polish-American heel from Milwaukee, plus made his shave off his trademark beard. Roadkill did what he could to make it work but it just wasn't him. And then came the day where Vince met this man he'd heard so much about, and discovered he was only about 5'9". When Vince looks down on you physically, that's usually a bad sign for your career unless you're super talented. They still gave him some dark matches and not much came of it, and soon he was history.

Osbourne was also on the bubble for a long time. The agents all didn't like him and buried his work, saying he had "bush league indy-level skills" and no potential to break out. Creative also didn't like him. So he was doomed. No idea what happened with Robert Anthony. We're told that the company is looking to acquire more young guys from Europe and South America, so it was probably a combo of too many guys and needing to make room for more.

There have been rumors in this direction for years, but I can tell you that there are people pushing for WWE to sever ties with OVW. Does not in any way mean it's happening or close to happening, but it might be something to follow once WrestleMania is over.

Bobby Lashley was officially released on Monday and actually got a best of luck in his future endeavors notification. No word on his future yet.

Torrie and boyfriend Nick Mitchell, formerly of the Spirit Squad, have opened up a clothing store called Jaded near her home in The Woodlands, TX (she was living in Florida but Mitchell lives in The Woodlands and she fell in love with the place). Always good to see people looking out for their future after wrestling. "We have really cool men's and women's clothes," Torrie, who is out with a back injury, told her local paper.

"The Woodlands needed a store with our kind of clothes. We have jackets and shirts and belts and even ladies' sleepwear. I love fashion, and I pick out everything we sell. It's a lot of fun to be here, and I am in the store almost all the time. This store is my baby, my project. I don't know how we came up with the name Jaded. I swear, my partner and I had 200 names. Jaded just popped in our heads, and we agreed — and we couldn't agree on anything else.

So we knew that was the name." Hey, if I'd been in wrestling as long as her I'd have come up with that name as well. She talked about all the weird stuff she'd done in wrestling including kissing Vince McMahon on TV on her first night in (with Linda in the background goading her on, which I guess would be the weirdest part of all). On her injury, she said: "I'm on leave from the WWE. My back has some degenerated disks, which are bulging and very painful. I just got a shot with a big, long needle. It's supposed to block the nerves".

Phil Muchnick is nothing if not consistent, this week burying NBC for promoting American Gladiators, where "some, not all, of the 2008 American Gladiators appear far too unnaturally muscled to be believed." He added: "NBC knows what it's doing. The revived 'American Gladiators' is designed to attract a young male audience, and freakishly enlarged physiques have long been used as young male bait.

That's why ESPN Classic airs the old shows on Saturday mornings. If NBC is so drug muscle-sensitive, why was anabolic kiddie hero Hulk Hogan chosen as a co-host? Why did NBC's first promos for the show literally focus on the suspiciously extraordinary muscles of even female Gladiators? NBC's claim that its Gladiators are drug-tested doesn't mean a thing to those who, with just one look, know what exceeds the extreme limits of natural physiology".

The next meeting of the Georgia State Athletic and Entertainment Commission discussing proposed pro-wrestling rule changes in the state takes place February 12th. Indy promoters are banding together to try to get the regulations squashed (which include absurd and antiquated pro-wrestling rules that we've discussed here in the past). "We were very entertained by some of the rules, disturbed by others, and decided we have to take this seriously," said Bill Behrens.

"We weren't fighting being somewhat regulated. We recognize their laws that allow regulation. We were objecting regulation that went above the word of the law." He said the regulations, including an ambulance being on hand for events, would mean that it would cost local promoters "at least $1,000" to run a show. It could be argued that if you can't afford to run a show for $1,000 why are you running a show? One of the big supposed hold-ups would be the new requirement to have an ambulance on hand.

As we've noted before, having an ambulance on hand is required up here in Washington and it seems promoters always found a way to work around it, even if that included trying to make a deal with a local hospital or having a friend who worked there. This is pro-wrestling, and like anything in the entertainment business it's about trying to make things work. (A film director once said that making a movie was a series of compromises.) Also, there is a deal that says promotions making more than $25 million per year are exempt -- in other words, WWE. The Commission is trying to get that axed. WWE said if they do, they're no longer running Georgia.

Big Show was down visiting Florida Championship Wrestling last week.

In a correction from last week, Raw in the UK actually starts at 2:00 AM, not 1:00 AM.

Hogan is claiming that Hogan Knows Best is done but Brooke will be getting her own show on VH-1. Apparently he's a program director now. VH-1 refused to confirm or deny the reports, only saying they enjoyed working with the Hulkster and his family.

Speaking of Linda, sucks to be her. She has twice asked for the judge in the Hogan divorce trial to freeze Hulk's assets, and twice she has been told no, and that she has to wait until a hearing on February 28th where they will make their decision. Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Judge George Greer told her that he didn't consider this whole thing an emergency and that Linda could wait. She's concerned that Hulk is going to dip into cash made on the $17 million sale of one of their homes. She is also asking for temporary custody of Nick, still 17. Brooke is 19 and free to do whatever she wants, which usually involves shopping

Alycia Lane, a former Philly news anchor, has reportedly been offered a job by WWE. She was fired for assaulting a female police officer last December in New York, and there was also an incident where she sent Rich Eisen of the NFL Network cell phone pictures of herself and all her friends in bikinis, which he then showed to his wife. She's also hot, so she's a shoe-in to get the job.

credit:F4W Newsletter

Alycia Lane, a former Philly news anchor, has reportedly been offered a job by WWE. She was fired for assaulting a female police officer last December in New York, and there was also an incident where she sent Rich Eisen of the NFL Network cell phone pictures of herself and all her friends in bikinis, which he then showed to his wife. She's also hot, so she's a shoe-in to get the job.

HA! I like it.

HA! I like it.

She's also going to be 36 years old this year...

Torrie and boyfriend Nick Mitchell, formerly of the Spirit Squad, have opened up a clothing store called Jaded near her home in The Woodlands, TX (she was living in Florida but Mitchell lives in The Woodlands and she fell in love with the place). Always good to see people looking out for their future after wrestling. "We have really cool men's and women's clothes," Torrie, who is out with a back injury, told her local paper.

What the hell? I thought Torrie Wilson was married to Billy Kidman? When did they split?

Yeah, Torrie and Billy were very much in love, but like the Pitt / Aniston situation, Torrie wanted to focus on her career (outside of WWE). She wanted to move to LA to concentrate on that, but Billy didn't want to relocate.