TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

Wanna know what's more confusing? OVW actually used to run out of Jeffersonville, IN for a long while until getting the new Davis Arena in Newburg. J'Ville is just across the Ohio River on the IN side.

I can see WWE officials not wanting to go to Newburg to observe OVW. It's the worst area of Louisville that isn't the West End.

Its not like they were training the guys in 2 different styles CHP.

The point was that a series of different schools headed by teachers who specialize in different styles makes for a better education.

Or not. I mean I really don't see the problem with the WWE style.

A wrestler learning different styles, so he can be a more well-rounded talent, doesn't make for a better education? Ok.

Let say you a had a high flyer school, a technical school, a striking school, and a submission school. Than Khali walks in, does he really need to go to the high flyer school, the submission school, or the Technical school? All he needs to know is how to slam people and hit hard. I think one school is good enough, Cena, Batista, Orton, and Brock all went to one school, all are awesome, all are different, and they all work(ed) the WWE style.

There's technically nothing wrong with learning only one style, but at the same time doing so limits your chances of success. Times and trends change, injuries do occur and what worked for you one year won't work the next. Also, when every batch of wrestlers come out learning the exact same way and doing the exact same thing in the ring, how does anyone really stand out and get over? Sure, they've had their successes with Brock and the like, but having a more varied system will only increase their star-making potential.

Didn't Batista slam OVW as a poor training ground once he was called up, creating some mini-controversy?

I don't think Batista got along with Cornette very well. But I can't remember exactly what he said about OVW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Real-Ring-Used-WWF-Wre...1QQcmdZViewItem

If anyone here has an extra 10 Grand laying around, and you can think of nothing better to use it on, then the actual WWF World Title Belt that Mr. Perfect smashed during Saturday Night's Main Event is on Ebay. I always thought this what what eventually became the Hardcore Championship. Would still be an interesting piece of history to own. You even get a little baggie with most of the plate pieces.

I always thought this what what eventually became the Hardcore Championship.

I think that was just something Scott Keith or someone else assumed, and it was taken as fact by everyone on the internet.

Wow I remember that episode of Saturday Nights Main Event like it just happened the other day. I was just a little kid and couldnt believe that they would actually destroy the WWE title and thought that the IC title was going to be the #1 title after that.... I feel old....

"Snow (Hey Oh)" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is the official theme song for Wrestlemania 24.

That's a terrible choice.

EFA. It's not a terrible song, but it's not exciting in the least..not the kind of song to get people pumped for an event.

Just kind of surprised at the song choice because it's a bit older song...it came out a couple years ago, IIRC? I guess they have used older songs in the past, though.

I think maybe they were going for a laid back tropical kind of feel, since it's in Florida. That's the only thing I can think of.

Honestly, I don't think it matters. The way things are playing out, this is going to be a fairly low key Wrestlemania, comparatively. I think they're saving the big hype and going all out for a big WM 25 in '09.

I think maybe they were going for a laid back tropical kind of feel, since it's in Florida. That's the only thing I can think of.

Honestly, I don't think it matters. The way things are playing out, this is going to be a fairly low key Wrestlemania, comparatively. I think they're saving the big hype and going all out for a big WM 25 in '09.

Which makes you wonder...

Where do you think WM 25 will be? I know a lot of people are saying Glendale, Arizona, but does anyone think it might happen somewhere else?

If it means the RHCP actually play mania it'll be worth it. But I doubt they'll agree to do it, I can't think of a band that big ever playing a wrestling show.

Uhhh....

Ozzy, 3 6 Mafia, Fozzy (heh), etc

Where do you think WM 25 will be? I know a lot of people are saying Glendale, Arizona, but does anyone think it might happen somewhere else?

Vegas and Dallas are the other popular predictions.

Weren't Metallica originally supposed to play at WrestleMania 11 but then backed out?

I've heard rumors from the sites that WM25 is supposed to be somewhere in Arizona.

Vegas and Dallas are the other popular predictions.

I don't know if the new Dallas Stadium will be ready for next years Wrestlemania.

WM25 will be somewhere in the North - especially with them looking at PHX and Vegas for 25. I'd say NY, but they had one recently. MSG is likely too small a venue for the big #25, but Vince loves that Arena - it's too bad New Yankee and Citi(new Shea) are both open air stadiums. The Barclays Center (New Jersey Nets new Brooklyn arena) will not be finished until 2010 at the earliest.

Chicago and Detroit had #22 and #23 respectively. 21 was in LA, 20 was in NY, 19 in Seattle, 18 in Toronto, 17 in Houston, 16 Anaheim, 15 Philly, Boston had 14.

I'd guess Boston or Philly. Toronto and Seattle have closed stadiums, which is always a draw and could be possibilities as well. I believe they have been looking at Calgary for 22 or 23, but with the history and bad feelings I don't know if they'd go there.

According to Wiki the new Dallas stadium will be open for the NFL season in 2009, so it would be an option. I guess they did do Chicago and Detroit in back-to-back years, so Florida/Dallas shouldn't be dismissed. It is certainly big enough a stadium and would be brand spanking new. I wonder if HBK would hang around for another year to retire in his home state.

Actually Football 2009 would be in September 2009, so it might not be ready in March 2009. Besides I don't think Jones would want anything other than his Cowboys to be the big opening act for the Stadium.

I think it can be assumed that the WM25 venue has already been chosen by this stage, or at least narrowed down to a short list.

WM25 will be somewhere in the North - especially with them looking at PHX and Vegas for 25. I'd say NY, but they had one recently. MSG is likely too small a venue for the big #25, but Vince loves that Arena - it's too bad New Yankee and Citi(new Shea) are both open air stadiums. The Barclays Center (New Jersey Nets new Brooklyn arena) will not be finished until 2010 at the earliest.

Chicago and Detroit had #22 and #23 respectively. 21 was in LA, 20 was in NY, 19 in Seattle, 18 in Toronto, 17 in Houston, 16 Anaheim, 15 Philly, Boston had 14.

I'd guess Boston or Philly. Toronto and Seattle have closed stadiums, which is always a draw and could be possibilities as well. I believe they have been looking at Calgary for 22 or 23, but with the history and bad feelings I don't know if they'd go there.

According to Wiki the new Dallas stadium will be open for the NFL season in 2009, so it would be an option. I guess they did do Chicago and Detroit in back-to-back years, so Florida/Dallas shouldn't be dismissed. It is certainly big enough a stadium and would be brand spanking new. I wonder if HBK would hang around for another year to retire in his home state.

Actually Football 2009 would be in September 2009, so it might not be ready in March 2009. Besides I don't think Jones would want anything other than his Cowboys to be the big opening act for the Stadium.

I think it can be assumed that the WM25 venue has already been chosen by this stage, or at least narrowed down to a short list.

If they keep up the trend of doing big indoor stadium venues, you could also throw Indianapolis (Lucas Oil Stadium opens in the fall of 2008) and even Reliant Stadium in Houston, although it might be an outside shot if they are seriously trying to do one in Dallas. I always thought they'd try to do one in the Georgia Dome, but that looks like it won't happen. The Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis (A city with a great wrestling history) could also be a possibility.

Weren't Metallica originally supposed to play at WrestleMania 11 but then backed out?

I've heard rumors from the sites that WM25 is supposed to be somewhere in Arizona.

Actually the story that goes with that is that Vince didn't know who they hell they were so he nixed the idea. Then later on that was why they asked for so much money to use Enter Sandman it was their way of saying "fuck Vince"

Actually the story that goes with that is that Vince didn't know who they hell they were so he nixed the idea. Then later on that was why they asked for so much money to use Enter Sandman it was their way of saying "fuck Vince"

I'm no law talking guy but wouldn't the money being asked for be a stanrd royalty fee? I don't see how they could say "We want Vince to give us $10,000 for the rights to distribute it on DVD but <equal sized company also looking to put out an equal amount of DVDs with the song> will pay $5,000", could they? Either way, sounds made up.