TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

Jeff was suspended just a few months ago for failing a drug test. However, now that Jeff has gotten himself to a new level, they could give him the Orton treatment and ignore it.

It's one thing to ignore pain killer/steroid abuse, but I think they'd have a hard time ignoring excessive use of hard street drugs. (Which, to my understanding, are what Jeff has a history with.)

"I really hate that they changed Floyd's music from "I get Money" to generic WWE hip hop theme 234."

Yeah, I hated his new song when he came to the ring last OH WAIT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Your comment should say:

"I really hate that Mayweather's music was edited in replay packages because of royalities."

"I really hate that they changed Floyd's music from "I get Money" to generic WWE hip hop theme 234."

Yeah, I hated his new song when he came to the ring last OH WAIT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Was this a petty way of telling me, that they didn't change his music, when they obviously did change his music.

Your comment should say:

"I really hate that Mayweather's music was edited in replay packages because of royalities."

I'm sure people knew what I meant. Since Floyd/50 are buddies, I'd think 50 would let Floyd use it for a theme, for little to nothing. "I get Money" is the perfect song for Floyd, but now he has some lame ass Silk the Shocker type theme, that's cool for MVP, but it waters down Floyd's whole character...

I'm sure you knew waht I was saying, but feel free too bitch for the sake of bitching.

I don't think you do get it, Truthiness. They have not changed his theme. It is a common practice to use stock music for highlight packages, or recaps so they do not have to pay royalties again. This is also commonplace on DVD's. Nothing has been changed here.

I found out today that I missed No Way Out. Can someone give me a break down?

-- ECW World Champ Chavo Guerrero defeated CM Punk to retain the title

-- Undertaker defeated Great Khali, Batista, Finlay, Big Daddy V, and MVP in the Smackdown/ECW Elimination Chamber

-- Ric Flair defeated Mr. Kennedy

-- World Heavyweight Champion Edge defeated Rey Mysterio to retain the title

-- John Cena defeated WWE Champion Randy Orton by disqualification

-- Triple H defeated Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Umaga, JBL, and Chris Jericho in the Raw Elimination Chamber

Wow. Fuck PWI.

They have shit now that wont let you read stories if you have ad blocking software.

Oh well. I'm just gonna use Opera.

People actually go to PWI? Why waste your time there when dozens of other sites are paying people to fish through the ads and steal the content for you?

Wow. Fuck PWI.

They have shit now that wont let you read stories if you have ad blocking software.

People actually go to PWI? Why waste your time there when dozens of other sites are paying people to fish through the ads and steal the content for you?

I check wrestlingdb but they just link you to PWI.

What site are you talking about?

Was it a drug test? All I ever heard was "unprofessional behavior".

Yeah, I heard he started going back to no-showing rountine.

I found out today that I missed No Way Out. Can someone give me a break down?

-- ECW World Champ Chavo Guerrero defeated CM Punk to retain the title

-- Undertaker defeated Great Khali, Batista, Finlay, Big Daddy V, and MVP in the Smackdown/ECW Elimination Chamber

-- Ric Flair defeated Mr. Kennedy

-- World Heavyweight Champion Edge defeated Rey Mysterio to retain the title

-- John Cena defeated WWE Champion Randy Orton by disqualification

-- Triple H defeated Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Umaga, JBL, and Chris Jericho in the Raw Elimination Chamber

Just as I thought it would be. Cheers.

Wow. Fuck PWI.

what kills me about them is they claim they have no choice. well if that is the case, how do all the other sites manage to do it? I don't think i have ever seen a site on the internet with so many pop ups as their site. Considering I have had internet access for 10 years, that is pretty damn telling. If they don't make enough money to pay their friends, they should get rid of some of them. It's also amazing to me that they think by doing this they would increase revenue because people have and will continue to not go there due to all those pop ups and possible viruses. I saw somewhere, where someone posted a graph showing traffic to their site and it's been a huge downfall..yet they continue to do the thing that is driving people away.

What made me laugh if that they've taking to banning any elite members who spread information from their VP section. You know, the top secret info from WWE they've leaked out. So, they make their money out of leaking secrets but then expect people to respect their site's privacy.

spman got banned from their Elite service for posting news here awhile back. "Copyrighted news" they called it, I think.

Somewhat similar, I remember years ago LOP's Mr. Tito would basically re-type the WWE section of the Observer then get pissed that people were re-posting it without crediting HIM.

This WrestleMania press conference on WWE.com has a bunch of audio problems (lots of static).

Edit: Apparently it's on TV in Canada anyway. I'm sure nothing interesting will be said but hey, why not.

Guest frostdude1

Yea its live on The Score in Canada at the moment. Its actually been cool so far. They're in LA so its a spanish heavy crowd and Rey is talking right now about training Mayweather. And yea the audio problems are very noticeable

That Mayweather thing was awesome. They NEED to somehow ignore they Rey partnership and make him the heel. "You want some of this [money]? Nah keep up that Delahoya song and you ain't getting any"

"I RUN THE WWE!"

"They gonna have to turn those two W's upsdie down - Money Mayweather Entertainment"

Then he just kept going. When he eventually threw the money the stampeding people (complete with an audible "hey watch out for my kids!" yell) amused me.

Guest frostdude1
That Mayweather thing was awesome. They NEED to somehow ignore they Rey partnership and make him the heel. "You want some of this [money]? Nah keep up that Delahoya song and you ain't getting any"

"I RUN THE WWE!"

"They gonna have to turn those two W's upsdie down - Money Mayweather Entertainment"

Then he just kept going. When he eventually threw the money the stampeding people (complete with an audible "hey watch out for my kids!" yell) amused me.

Easily the funniest moment this year :lol: :lol:

They really should just leave Mayweather by himself because he's the greatest heal and there's no point in partnering him up with Mysterio

So I watched the live Wrestlemania press conference which just finished on WWE.com. I'm sure there will be highlights on Raw tonight, but I'm really curious to see how they edit this little lot:

It went as standard to begin with, Cena was out first followed by Randy Orton and Triple-H. Maria and Candice Michelle then announced a "Playboy Bunny Mania" match at Wrestlemania. No opponents were announced, but apparently Maria and Candice will be part of the match.

Rey Mysterio cut a promo largely in Spanish about missing Wrestlemania. Then the really good stuff started. Mike Adamle came out to hype the Show/Mayweather match. The crowd, which had already been rowdy from the start, started giving Adamle the "What" chant. He coped with it fairly well. Adamle intoduced Shane McMahon, who proceeded with the hype. Then finally Mayweather came out with his business manager, but no large entourage this time.

The crowd turned on Mayweather who was initally giving the big fake smile, but then began to get frustrated as he couldn't start talking over the boos. He was irritated for sure, and they definitely were not seeking this reaction after talking him up for the best part of five minutes.

A large De La Hoya chant broke out. Mayweather from this point dropped the nice guy act and went complete heel, jumping up on the podium, bragging about his girls, money etc and badmouthing the crowd.

Mayweather threw some money into the crowd and there was a mad scramble for the money, I definitely heard "watch out for my kids!" in the audio. He continued to antagonize boasting that he was running WWE and Wrestlemania, renaming it "Money Mayweather Entertainment" at one point.

The Big Show was introduced as my feed cut out for two minutes. When it resumed Show was posing with Mayweather, his fist is as big as Mayweather's head. Show was of course the clear crowd favourite.

My words cannot begin to describe what a detestable cocky prick Mayweather comes across as, and how they will never, ever get him over as a face for Mania. Big Show is onto a winner with this angle....

EDIT: Glad I wasn't imagining the line about the kids, also glad I wasn't the only one watching, lol

What did WWE expect by holding the presser in LA? That's DLH Country. The problem wwe has with this is that it initially started with Mayweather "making the save" for Mysterio, with Big Show playing the obvious heel in he was attacking the smaller, beaten-up Rey just to make a statement. Then you have the classic David vs Goliath battle lines - can David ever be the heel?

Only thing you could maybe do know is partner Big Show with Mayweather, and say it was all a planned ruse to make them both a lot of money or something. I mean I guess PBF could have a falling out with Rey, with Rey saying he used Mysterio to get himself over and that he wasn't making the save for Rey as much as putting himself in the spotlight. However that still doesn;t explain Big Show attacking Rey all of a sudden becoming the face.

If this has been posted elsewhere, I didn't see it, but apparantly WWE has signed Colin Delaney to a contract. He was scheduled to compete at the CHIKARA King Of Trios weekend (cheap plug!) but was offically pulled yesterday.