TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Do all the TNA fans here read Impact spoilers?

It kinda seems like it with all the attention for the thread each week coming when the spoilers are released and not when the show happens. I kind of wonder if this isn't part of the reason that people dislike Russo's booking so much. It's kind of predicated on "what's going to happen next" and buildup to make you interested in the result of a match rather than a lot of time spent on the execution. Might be an idea to try avoiding the spoilers until Thursday and see if the show starts to grow on you a little.

I think people get so thrown off by a storyline or two when they read a spoiler, it makes them not want to watch that episode of Impact.

To be honest, I haven't been watching TNA lately because Lost is on and I normally watch that when I get home. When I was watching TNA, I read the spoilers before hand as well but still tuned in to at least watch the wrestling matches as the matches were still pretty good and hell even if some of the booking or storylines didn't make it, TNA is still entertaining as hell. It's nothing worse than what we've already seen in WCW or WWE before.

I too, read the spoilers but still enjoy watching the show. I am a HUGE TNA mark (as you can tell by the name). The spoilers don't turn me off because I've seen amny time the show on TV is better then what comes off on TV.

I too, read the spoilers but still enjoy watching the show. I am a HUGE TNA mark (as you can tell by the name). The spoilers don't turn me off because I've seen amny time the show on TV is better then what comes off on TV.

Do you mean what comes off in the spoilers?

I record TNA every week. I'm not entertained as much as I am by WWE, but that's probably because I grew up with WWF, and am loyal to them and probably always will be. TNA is hit or miss with a lot of things with the way I look at it. And I hate having Angle all over my TV every week. He's not the best and hasn't been the best in a long time. I'd rather them go back to the way it was in 2005, in what I think was one of their better years. I don't need to have everyone in the roster involved in one TV show to be entertained. I'm just laid back which is why I can tolerate almost everything WWE does. TNA, not so much because they have so much potential to really give WWE a run, but there are a lot of things they need to get in order.

Number one would be get rid of Tenay and West. They are terrible. I'd rather them have a true #1 PBP guy with Tenay as the color guy like he did in WCW, or a heel wrestler who doesn't wrestle much.

Number one would be get rid of Tenay and West. They are terrible. I'd rather them have a true #1 PBP guy with Tenay as the color guy like he did in WCW, or a heel wrestler who doesn't wrestle much.

I agree completely. Some of the shitty stuff they do is made that much worse with Tenay and West trying to sell it.

I read the spoilers on occasion, but as a a general rule for wrestling and other TV programs, I avoid them. That's a reason I don't post much in Impact threads. The discussion usually takes place in the spoiler threads themselves.

I read the spoilers exclusively because there (before the strike) were other things I would watch in stead of Impact. So in order for me to follow TNA, this is the only way. However if you guys are telling me that the spoilers don't do the shows justice, then if one of you would be kind enough to explain what is happening, so I might catch the replay on Saturday (because I'm not going to stay up late just on the off chance the show might be good).

And I hate having Angle all over my TV every week. He's not the best and hasn't been the best in a long time.

Ooh, think we might have hit on another key here in why other people tend to not like Impact as well as I do. I've been a huge mark for Kurt Angle since about 2002. I can watch 5 segments with him and still look forward to another one coming up. I think his mic skills are extremely entertaining and are enough that he could have made it as a main event star even without being all that great of a wrestler, but I still think he's tremendous in the ring. If there's any dropoff at all, it's probably from being #1 in American wrestling to being #4 or something. I think at the very least, he's still one of the best in terms of putting on consistently good to great matches.

If I were to make a list of people that entertain me that are either currently wrestling or very recently unemployed and still "in the market", it would be something like this:

1. Kurt Angle

2. Rob Van Dam

3. AJ Styles

4. Christian

5. Shawn Michaels

6. Edge

7. Undertaker

8. Christopher Daniels/Curry Man

So among the guys that I really want to see, I'd say TNA probably has more star power than the WWE right now. If you don't like Angle though, I can definitely see how the current TNA product would not be for you.

Do you mean what comes off in the spoilers?

I record TNA every week. I'm not entertained as much as I am by WWE, but that's probably because I grew up with WWF, and am loyal to them and probably always will be. TNA is hit or miss with a lot of things with the way I look at it. And I hate having Angle all over my TV every week. He's not the best and hasn't been the best in a long time. I'd rather them go back to the way it was in 2005, in what I think was one of their better years. I don't need to have everyone in the roster involved in one TV show to be entertained. I'm just laid back which is why I can tolerate almost everything WWE does. TNA, not so much because they have so much potential to really give WWE a run, but there are a lot of things they need to get in order.

Yes, that is what I meant. Sometimes I type too fast, lol.

I have to agree with you on West. He is very annoying and brings down Tenay, who I believe is as you said, a good color guy.

I am a big Angle fan, but I too, get tired of seeing him in EVER backstage skit. I am a total mark for Tomko since his Bane days in OVW and was super happy when he signed as I felt he was underused in WWF/E.

I don't have a problem with Russo, but he really does need someone there to hold the reigns.

I grew up on WWF back in the 80's, but stopped following wrestling for a period of about 8 years from the late 80's-early 90's. I then was turned onto ECW at about 95 or so. I became a huge fan of them. When I met my fiancee in 10th grade, she was a huge WCW fan and I got into them. I didn't watch WWF regularly until they bought WCW and ECW. TNA reminds me a little of WCW and ECW at the same time (storyline wise WCW, fan wise ECW with the chants and knowing about the wrestlers). Being a huge TNA fan, I too believe that there is a lot wrong, but there is also some right about it. I know they have been around for a while, but they still need to find who they are. You can see them slowly getting that with the Knockouts and with guys like Tomko, Christian (now), MMG, and a few others. The best thing they have done recently is pushing LAX back to the front of the Tag Team division with their feud with Rock & Rave Infection. That is a tag team that has potential, and still need to grow a little more. Rave is great, Hoyt I never got, but CAN be something decent in a tag and team, and Christy is HOTTTT on TV and in person (plus she really can sing).

In closing, I think I am as big a fan of TNA as I am because I was never super into WWF/E, and this is my alternative, plus I am a fan of most of the people on the roster.

Tomko is slowly starting to become one of my favorites in wrestling. I am glad, too, because in WWE I couldn't stand him. But he is being used well here and it's a bright spot for me. I was also on the LAX and Samoa Joe bandwagon when they were respectively hot at their own times, but when Konnan left, LAX was nearly buried, and Joe always got "Screwed" out of the title. Those were two incidents that really pissed me off, and I rarely get pissed off at wrestling.

Kinda funny that you say you like TNA because you never were into the WWF since the 80's and it reminds you of WCW. With me, it's the opposite. I got into wrestling because of 1998-2001 WWF and I hated WCW at the time because it was so slow. The matches were half-speed, Nash would take 25 minutes to give a 5 minute promo, it was just dull. Also, there were shows on like 6 nights a week and about 90% of the air time was just filler.

Meantime, the WWF was super fast-paced. The Rock was spitting out lines as fast as he could and there was always something new and exciting going on. Raw was can't miss every single week. That's what I'm starting to feel with TNA. Every segment is meaningful, every match has a "hook", and I see about 5% as many restholds as in the new tamed-down WWE.

I agree on Tomko too. For someone that was just a vanilla bodyguard type in the WWE, he's really fleshed out his character and he's gotten better in the ring too. He's not quite someone I'd say I turn on the TV just to see him specifically, but he's definitely becoming a solid main event performer.