TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haws bah gawd

Smackdown *Spoilers* 2/19/08

Edge got a lot of new tattoos a while ago.

This one says "Risa Above" on the inside of his right forearm. Looks pretty vibrant, so it may be fairly new.

Well he was only talking about getting it in his "Superstar Ink" bit on wwe.com - so it's relatively new.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstarink/articles/edge

When was the last time M.V.P. defended his U.S. Title?
Armaggedon, but certain people on this board think the title still has value.

I guess the same applies to Jeff Hardy and his I.C. Title.

Yes it does.

I decided to not read the spoilers and go in fresh. It was decent, but I didn't understand the point of Rey beating Chavo other than because it was his hometown, which is the logic that usually never works. Shelton vs. Yang was actually one of the better short matches I've seen on TV lately.

I guess Vicki's decent in her role, but I'm just so sick of the heel authority figure. If there was one thing I could change about WWE, it would be just to scrap the idea that all the owners/GMs MUST always be heels. Obviously, Teddy Long's the exception.

I'm not sure what they are doing with MVP right now but he needs a few solid US title defenses since he's mostly been jobbing to guys higher up on the card. Some of it is due to Matt being injured which put that feud on hold. But it's obvious once Matt gets back that MVP is jobbing the US title to him, so I don't get all the jobbing MVP is already doing.

I decided to not read the spoilers and go in fresh. It was decent, but I didn't understand the point of Rey beating Chavo other than because it was his hometown, which is the logic that usually never works. Shelton vs. Yang was actually one of the better short matches I've seen on TV lately.

I guess Vicki's decent in her role, but I'm just so sick of the heel authority figure. If there was one thing I could change about WWE, it would be just to scrap the idea that all the owners/GMs MUST always be heels. Obviously, Teddy Long's the exception.

I thought Bischoff was pretty awesome when he was mostly catering to the heels, but keeping Evolution's collective ego in check as well. I'd like to see a take-no-shit boss that sometimes did things slightly heelish, but then would come around later and redeem himself by playing face on some other issue. Vince went through a stage like that as well, when he was acting like a face on one show and a heel on the other.

I thought Bischoff was pretty awesome when he was mostly catering to the heels, but keeping Evolution's collective ego in check as well. I'd like to see a take-no-shit boss that sometimes did things slightly heelish, but then would come around later and redeem himself by playing face on some other issue. Vince went through a stage like that as well, when he was acting like a face on one show and a heel on the other.

I think you best describe William Regal right now.

Shelton vs Yang was pretty good for the time it was given. Hopefully we'll get our semi-annual Shelton does some crazy move off the ladder spot in the MitB match.

I forgot both had the titles in all honesty.

And is it just me? Or does MVP seem to job to Batista almost every week on Smackdown?

That does seem to be the case now. Not too long ago they had a long match where MVP won via countout I believe, some finish where he was kept strong. I was impressed, and it planted the seeds of an eventual meeting between the two down the road on the same level on the card. Then they threw it out of the window.