TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maztinho

Worst Show You've Ever Been To

Lamb of God is never fun to watch. My friends and I call it the Lamb of God Effect when they play second to last, and kill all your ambition to watch the headliner.

See, it's funny, because I remember seeing them live before Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall on Halloween in '03, and they put on a good show. My first exposure to them. But they have just sucked more and more since then, to the point where the only people moving to them aren't even old enough to drive yet. They ALMOST killed my urge to see Slayer that night, but hey: it's fucking Slayer. I sat through Hatebreed twice to see Slayer, so I can sit through Lamb of God.

Lamb of God is never fun to watch. My friends and I call it the Lamb of God Effect when they play second to last, and kill all your ambition to watch the headliner.

See, it's funny, because I remember seeing them live before Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall on Halloween in '03, and they put on a good show. My first exposure to them. But they have just sucked more and more since then, to the point where the only people moving to them aren't even old enough to drive yet. They ALMOST killed my urge to see Slayer that night, but hey: it's fucking Slayer. I sat through Hatebreed twice to see Slayer, so I can sit through Lamb of God.

I think it must be overexposure, because it seems like I wind up unintentionally seeing them constantly going back to 2000. I've seen them somewhere between 10-15 times. I still don't know why people like them, but good for them for doing well. Your totally right about their fanbase, it's a bunch of little teenagers who only like it because their music is loud and agressive.

I don't mind Hatebreed too much, but only in small doses. I picked up Under the Knife and Satisfaction is the Death of Desire back around 1997ish while I was in high school when I first started getting into metal and hardcore, mostly because it was so different from what was fashionable to listen to back then. I would like to think that my taste has evolved since then, but I'll still listen to Hatrbreed. I do admire that they are a fan friendly band as far as pictures and signing stuff is concerned. They are decent enough live.

Ataris with Yellowcard.

There was just one song I was there to hear, maybe two. My girl wanted to go for Yellowcard and she liked a few of the Ataris old stuff. So the Ataris come out and play for a good 40 minutes, nothing but their boring ass horrible new shit. I swear to god, it would be like buying a ticket to see AC/DC and they announce they have a new album and that's ALL you are going to get to hear.

Except AC/DC is the Ataris who SUCK.

I got saved from seeing Yellowcard by a thunderstorm, but after the horrible disappointment of the Ataris even she wanted to leave.

I don't mind Hatebreed too much, but only in small doses. I picked up Under the Knife and Satisfaction is the Death of Desire back around 1997ish while I was in high school when I first started getting into metal and hardcore, mostly because it was so different from what was fashionable to listen to back then. I would like to think that my taste has evolved since then, but I'll still listen to Hatrbreed. I do admire that they are a fan friendly band as far as pictures and signing stuff is concerned. They are decent enough live.

I like some of their songs, but overall? Horrible. "I Will Be Heard" (ESPECIALLY the Hulk-Breed video on YouTube) is solid, as are "Defeatist" (best Hatebreed tune) and "Before Dishonor." I respect 'em for doing what they do for as long as they've been doing it, and not compromising for more commercial success, but really...they suck.

The Wildhearts last year at the Newcastle Carling Academy. I should have known it was gonna be bad when a guy outside gave me a ticket for free.

I like some of their songs, but overall? Horrible. "I Will Be Heard" (ESPECIALLY the Hulk-Breed video on YouTube) is solid, as are "Defeatist" (best Hatebreed tune) and "Before Dishonor." I respect 'em for doing what they do for as long as they've been doing it, and not compromising for more commercial success, but really...they suck.

Cool cool...as long as we're stil friends.

The two artists I ever walked out on (not counting concerts that I was planning on staying the whole time) were Arch Enemy and Nile. I like both bands, but the respective nights that I saw them the sound guy must have been on crack. It was awful to the point that you really couldn't hear anything and I decided the hell with it.

I can't think of an instance where I've walked out of a show. I guess I figure I've wasted my time (and usually money) getting there- I might as well stay the whole time. The exception being Fine Arts Nights (my high school's equivalent of a talent show). I don't even count those as real concerts because 90% of the bands that played there couldn't get a gig outside of Fine Arts Night. I don't think I sat through an entire Fine Arts Night. Four hours of shitty high school bands, bad poetry, and the occasional lame acoustic Goo Goo Dolls cover by some dude with a guitar is a real endurance test for anybody.

Only if Summer Sanitarium '03 counts...everything until Metallica was 100% shit. Though it was great to hear people boo'ing the St. Anger tunes they played ("St. Anger" and "Frantic," FWIW).

EDIT:

I actually had a chance to go to Woodstock '99. My folks wouldn't let me because I was only 13 and my girlfriend at the time was a skeeze (dear God, what the fuck was I thinking), so I missed it. In hindsight it was a great idea. Rioting, overpriced water...and I can only imagine the different drugs I'd have taken and then probably flipped out on.

I actually missed the riots because I left Sunday morning with the most horrendous sunburn I ever had to this day. There was a lot of chatter after the event that this is what happens when you give a Woodstock to "a generation that didn't deserve one," but I honestly feel the riots (though not the person-on-person violence or the sexual assaults) were warranted. When you stick people in third-world conditions (no sun cover virtually anywhere during a cloudless heat wave; no emptying of the overflowing porta-potties for FOUR DAYS), then charge $8.00 for a 20oz. bottle of soda (not hyperbole), you kind of have to expect the result.

Another time, I also witnessed a lackluster RHCP show. Foo Fighers opened and blew them away. And this was "...Nothing Left to Lose" Fighters and "Californication" Peppers, where the former was on the decline and the latter was supposed to be "better than ever." That made it more surprising.

The band who opened up for The Shins and Ratatat (great. show.), Satellite Grey.

Except for the lead guitarist, half the band were sweaty, fat, half-jewish guys, and the other half were weird asian vest-wearing lesbian things. Terrible, terrible music. It sounded like Evanescense but infinitely more generic and trite.

Lead singer: "Has anyone ever gotten their heart broken? I have. You? Anyone? [silence, sans one lone voice that yells "shut the fuck up"] ...Well, this song's about heart break."

*plays terrible song*