TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest areacode212

Why didn't Jericho get along with Goldberg?

Guest areacode212

This is from the Observer website:

Q: I know you just did a charity hockey game with Goldberg and I heard he tried to mend fences with you. Is that accurate?

Jericho: "Yeah, that's accurate. I would not say mend fences, but he was very friendly toward me and very complimentary toward me. I listened to what he had to say. I never had anything anything personal against him. It all started from behind-the-scenes bullshit. Sometimes, a guy will say

things that he doesn't even mean because people are goading him into saying it, especially Bill. He was influenced by a lot of people because he did not have a lot of experience in the business. A guy like me tried to influence him in the right way but I became an enemy for whatever reason. But if nothing else, he's sitting at home making a ton of money. Wrestling gave him

a good living for doing nothing."

Q: So what are your thoughts on Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall joining the WWF?

Jericho: "I don't have a lot of thoughts on that. I will be cordial and do business with them. On a personal level, a lot of things that happened to me in WCW they were directly responsible for. But I'm going to wait and see how they react. Things have changed since the last time they were in the WWF and WCW. I don't think they come in ruling the roost, so we'll see how they

react to that. Hopefully, they will come in and do business so we can make money."

So what was the deal with Goldberg & Jericho? Why were they enemies in WCW? And, for that matter, what exactly happened with Hogan/Hall/Nash and Jericho? I know that Nash called Y2J a "vanilla midget" and generally held him down, but were there any specific incidents that you guys know of?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Goldberg turned down working a program with Jericho that would have served to elevate Jericho.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

By the by...

Goldberg wasn't even going to have to lose to Jericho.

Just that Jericho would have been moved up the card.

That is my understanding anyway.

The problem was that someone like Hogan or Nash probably got in Goldberg's  ear and told him that Jericho wasn't big enough to bother with.

That's how people get held down.

Guest Tony149

I think Nash & Hogan got into Goldberg's head. Telling him Jericho wasn't in his league.

Guest Downhome

I think the thing with Goldberg is that Goldberg didn't want to work with Jericho, because he felt that working with Jericho would be a step down for him. Of course, at the time Jericho was one of the hottest heels in the wrestling industry.

If they weren't going to do a Goldberg/Jericho thing, then why did they go through with the Jericho making fun of Goldberg promo's? Hmmm... I think the only closure to that was Goldberg Spearing Jericho on the ramp...I think.

By the way, why do you guys hate the fact that Goldberg didn't work with Jericho anyhow? I mean really, even if Jericho DID work with Goldberg, Jericho would have only been destroyed and simply have been just another number on "the streak".

If you ask me you should almost be thankfull he didn't work with Goldberg, lol. :-p

I would have loved to seen it though...

...I wonder what Goldberg thinks knowing Jericho is, well, the #1 guy in the industry "championship wise", holding not only the WWF World Title, but the very WCW World Title that he himself wore before...

...it's kind of ironic don't you think? :-)

Guest Tony149

They were going to do the Goldberg/Jericho feud. That's why Jericho beat mini-Goldberg at Fall Brawl '98. Then Hogan or Nash got to Goldberg. The feud would be dropped with Bill beating Jericho on Nitro (I think).

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This is why the WWF has to be worried.

This is also why a guy like RVD would be better off quitting and going to the WWA.

People say that Hagan had nothing to do with WCW's demise because he was already gone...FUCK THAT.

If he cared at all about the business he would care about elevating people.

YES he elevated Goldberg.

Then he refused to job ti JJ when the company desperatly needed him to.

So what happens when he's gone and WCW didn't have any big stars ready to break through?

The same thing that could happen to the WWF if Hogan and Nash decide that RVD isn't big enough...or Chris Benoit....or Jericho...or Angle...or Booker T...

Guest Tony149

I was a WCW fan. Watching the company all the way to it's last days, but J.J. winning wouldn't have meant a thing. Time Warner didn't care about WCW by then. The only good thing that happened with J.J./Hogan was Russo's awesome shoot on Hogan.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Had Hogan done his job there it would have bridged the gap between the old guys and the new guys.

They failed to do so while Hogan was squashing Kidman...but that win would have signaled a new era.

Guest Tony149

That's true. Vince needs to make sure Hogan doesn't pull that shit in the WWF. We'll see if Vince really has "balls the size of grapefruits."

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I hope that Vince truly does enjoy destroying the careers of his superstars.

A Hulk Hogan screwjob would make me mark out like the proverbial little bitch.

Guest The Vanilla Midget
This is also why a guy like RVD would be better off quitting and going to the WWA.

a guy like rvd would certainly not be better off going to the wwa.  sure, there he might hold titles and be regularly in the main event.  but he would also have the uncertainty of knowing whether the promotion would be around at the end of the year.  also, the wwf is *it* in relation to bigtime pro wrestling in the usa.  its like jumping from nfl to xfl, and we all know how the xfl ended up.  also, rvd is over in the wwf, and has the chance to work his way up the card and possibly become wwf champ or headline wrestlemania in future years.  why would you give up the chance of achieving the holy grail just because of some short term setbacks.

i think booker t said it best out of anybody regrading the nwo: "i dont get paid any less, so it doesnt bother me that they are coming back."

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

RVD might get screwed over in exactly the same way that Jericho was in WCW.

His big pops mean nothing to anyone who has a hand in what happens.

Guest goodhelmet

I agree with midget that RVD does not need to go to the WWA. That would be like going to the MECW (remember them?) or any other doomed-to-fail project. RVD can stay in the WWF, just keep him away from the NWO!

As for Hogan getting screwed, that would rock this world! Hell, Vince carries grudges longer than anybody and even though his long term booking for the company may suck, he's probably been plotting revenge on Hogan for years.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

but unlike jericho, rvd doesnt have the benefit of a strong competitor to jump to.  all he needs to do is sit back and withstand the revenge of the manipulative geriatrics in the midcard, and then he and others can hopefully fill the uppercard void left when the 3 nwo guys, austin and taker all retire in the near future.

Guest Juvydriver

With RVD, I think we need to hope that he is on the WCW end of the split and is given a chance to run with the ball, so to speak.

I do wonder what the guys that are heels will do once the nWo comes in.  They will basically be in no man's land.  The fans won't cheer them, but they won't be able to hate them.

Juvy

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This is all assuming that the NWO are big heels.

They never were really big heels.

They were cool to cheer for.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

the only heels who will have problems are the main event level heels, like angle and jericho.  the others will be in midcardland, blissfully untouched by nwo cancer.  the fans could still hate them, but the wwf would have to do something it has not done in a while, RUN MULTIPLE STORYLINES!!!

Guest BlackRainbow1025

Yes, keep my favorite Canadians away from nWo, unless Jericho gets to put his foot on Nash's chest, scream "C'MON BABY!!" and pin him......Hell, I don't care if he cheats to do it either.

Guest Tony149

Nash probably gets up and says wrestling is fake before he lets Jericho pin him like that.

Guest goodhelmet

Hey, once the nwo show up, Angle and Jericho will spiral down the midcard also hopefully unscathed by the pestilence that is the NWO. They will be THE midcard.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They'll have guys like Benoit, Awesome, Rhyno, RVD, Storm, Booker T, Christian, Edge, Perfect, DDP...hey the midcard rules!

Guest Brian

Once the mid-card rules again, you won't have to worry about people getting time becauset he WWF will have to give it up. Hopefully.

Guest BlackRainbow1025

God, I want Rhyno to be Jericho's bodyguard, mauling everyone that tries to mess with Jericho.  Then the nWo can try to take the belts......letting Rhyno gore the shit out of all three (especially Nash).  THEN Jericho can pin all of them with his foot on their chests......sigh, that would be too good to be true.  EDIT:  Hell, have Goldberg come out and get his ass kicked by the Man Beast.....I hate Greenberg.

Guest Flair5000

I'd like to see Kidman come back and beat Hogan. Or Benoit and Jericho put Nash in the crossface/liontamer they used on Austin last year, for about 10 minutes.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

that would be really cool, but remember when jericho tried to use the walls on nash? big guys dont go too well in that move for jericho, and big lazy is probably not flexible enough.  id settle for a crossface/anklelock though.

Guest Its true

I said it on the old board and I'll say it here..... the nWo would be huge if Bret Hart comes out as the 4th member, and they all beat the hell out of McMahon.

Guest DokDoyle

and it would be even bigger if Jesus Christ himself came down to the ring, made a heel turn, put on a nWo t-shirt and declared himself the real god of professional wrestling all the while beating the hell out of vince

"how dare you steal my crusifixion gimmick, that's mine all mine"

but I don't think that's going to happen either