TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The OaO Raw Thread for 2/25/2008.

I love how Orton is the WWE champion and Triple H won the #1 contender's match on Pay Per View but Cena still gets the last entrance.

I had read about that situation on Rajah.com last week, but I honestly dont remember their source so bear with me. They said currently, John Cena and Vince McMahon are best friends backstage. Supposedly, they're so close that even HHH knows not to try to pull anything on Cena. That probably explains Cena always getting top-billing over HHH.

Yeah, that was the loudest cheer I have heard for John Cena in quite some time.

The Garden popped loud for him also, as did Houston. Philly and the crowd last week, really booed him the most since he's been back.

Yeah, but Philly boos just about everything so that's not that big of a deal.

The Garden popped loud for him also, as did Houston. Philly and the crowd last week, really booed him the most since he's been back.

Yeah, but Philly boos just about everything so that's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, I know.

meh and then 2 minutes later they boo him. Stupid wrestling fans don't know what they like or don't like. It was easily a majority booing him earlier, they cheer his entrance, then when boo him when he's hitting kennedy in the corner. go figure.

meh and then 2 minutes later they boo him. Stupid wrestling fans don't know what they like or don't like. It was easily a majority booing him earlier, they cheer his entrance, then when boo him when he's hitting kennedy in the corner. go figure.

Booing Cena has become the "cool" thing to do for older wrestling fans.

No it wasn't.

So, did anyone else notice how badly out of place Kennedy was for the protobomb? Cena improvised with a botched reverse atomic drop.

No it wasn't.

I think you might be deaf then or you have a different definition of what is or isn't booing. It was extremely loud and clearly there was more boos than cheers from where I sit.

No it wasn't.

I think you might be deaf then or you have a different definition of what is or isn't booing. It was extremely loud and clearly there was more boos than cheers from where I sit.

I'm pretty sure the boos wasn't as loud as the cheers during the opening segment. This is really silly thing to argue about, especially when you're clearly wrong.

No it wasn't.

I'm pretty sure the boos wasn't as loud as the cheers during the opening segment. This is really silly thing to argue about, especially when you're clearly wrong.

I'm sorry but I have to back him up. While I heard lots of cheers for Cena during his entrance, and when he teased his finisher, any other time in the match he was getting greatly-booed. There were cheers, but there were boos as well.

Onto something less frivilous though, did it look to anyone else like Kennedy nearly botched the Mic Check? It looked like he went too far forward setting up the move, and nearly STO'ed Cena.

Kennedy keeps finding ways to screw up.

And I'm fine with the Cena cheer/boo syndrome. He's got the potential to put on MOTNs with a large chunk of the roster and combines that wrestling talent with great charisma, energy and intensity, and as such deserves a cheer upon his appearance. If he goes out there and decides to rely on the 'same old shit', flailing his arms like a chimpanzee and acting like he's in a boxing match whenever he's not hitting one of his four moves of doom, he deserves to be booed. The crowd wants to love you, John, just change it up a little bit, huh?

There is no way in hell they would put Kennedy over in the MITB again. To be honest I think Kennedy is a lost cause, and the whole notion of someone winning MITB and cashing it in the same night at WM is the sort of goofy fantasy booking that I ranted against last year when some people thought Edge should do this same thing (He actually kinda did, but that was a couple months later).

What sense does it make for a guy who has taken insane bumps in a ladder match to cash in the same night? Is it really a big advantage?

There is no way in hell they would put Kennedy over in the MITB again. To be honest I think Kennedy is a lost cause, and the whole notion of someone winning MITB and cashing it in the same night at WM is the sort of goofy fantasy booking that I ranted against last year when some people thought Edge should do this same thing (He actually kinda did, but that was a couple months later).

What sense does it make for a guy who has taken insane bumps in a ladder match to cash in the same night? Is it really a big advantage?

If he does it right after the title holder busts his ass, sure.

I thought Raw was very well done tonight. Jericho-Hardy was pretty good ppv-calibur type action (and who the fuck ever said the crowd was dead during this needs a serious rewind of the match as the crowd was getting really rabid those last five minutes and there was chants going back and forth for each guy), I liked the twist in the McMahon/Hornswaggle deal (I'm thinking its actually going to lead to JBL revealing he's Vince's son, which leads to a father/son tag match at Mania w/ Vince/JBL v. Finlay/Hornswaggle), Michaels/Flair's first angle in their program was solid, and I am enjoying the Cena/HHH/Orton exchanges all around. Nice touch to pseudo put over Kennedy there at the end, which was a surprise. My guess is that MITB is going to be booked leading into the match very strong, with everyone pretty much given credibility to actually go over in that match.

Any guesses on the interpromotional Raw v. SD match at Mania? I hope it isnt something lame like Umaga v. Kane.

Only if its Flair it does, given that hes 59 and is too old to wait to use his title shot. Anyone else would logically wait until they have a night off and the champion just finished having a tough match.

It wouldn't be about having an advantage in that match. It'd be about main eventing Wrestlemania.

Say you cash in on RAW. Say you lose. You're boned.

Say you cash in at Wrestlemania. Say you lose. You still main evented Wrestlemania. You've got an automatic slingshot into the upper echelon of performers in the company, ready-made feuds with EVERY other main-eventer in the company (all they'd have to do is say that they 'earned' their main event and the MITB cash-in was a cheap way to steal the spotlight), the permanent, unremovable distinction of having been in the "main event" of Wrestlemania for the title...

A guy like Edge, who waited for around a decade before 'his time', would use it when he had the best chance of winning the belt. A guy like Benjamin, like Kennedy, an unproven in the spotlight with only a few years in the company...they use it at Wrestlemania and regardless of the outcome of the match, they're golden as main-eventers for the rest of their careers. And as you may recall, Kennedy said last year that he was cashing in WM23's MITB at WM24 to wrestle in the main event. Kennedy doesn't just want the gold, he wants to fight for it on the biggest stage of them all. Maybe it doesn't give him the best chance to actually win the match and the title, but it gives him the chance to be in the main event and to him that's a tradeoff he's willing to make.

Cena was the big reason WWE had its most profitable year EVER last year. I wish people would quit pretending he wasn't the biggest star they've had since Austin/Rock.

Eh...

I wish people would stop saying this..

the wwe is a different company now..

it's so easy to say something like this when the situation is different

Makes you wonder if they'll even try to get him to stay over and do a spot at Wrestlemania.

I doubt he'd do it. I jumped the gun and said that he'd show up after NWO, and challenge Cena, I doubt he does anything after the induction ceremony.

He could always talk smack to Orton or do an in-ring segment with Santino and whoop his ass.

I'm thinking it won't be Batista because SD will not go over Raw.

WWE.com pretty much gives away that it is in fact Batista. They have a shadow figure beside Umaga and with the sillouette you can clearly tell it's him.

And SD! not going over RAW? What about Angle over HBK or Taker over Orton?