TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion - March 2008

His career was getting stagnant at that point, anyway. I never noticed it as a kid, but it's crazy how sloppy Ahmed was. I know that was a point of contention with a lot of his co-workers back then. I honestly don't have any concrete memories of Ahmed after he was in the Nation. I know he started wearing black, but I don't recall anything he did with the group or the company from this point on.

Then again, a TON of this stuff has seemed like new viewing to me. Granted, it's 11 years later and I was only 12 or 13 when most of this was happening. But outside of the Hart Foundation angle, I recall almost nothing from these shows to the point where I don't think I even knew who Rob Van Dam was until 1999.

That Dynamite/Bret match in the Legends section is fantastic, too. It's on the British Bulldogs video released by Coliseum Video, but I hadn't seen it in eight years. Fast-paced and stiff.

RVD made the right move when he stopped appearing for the WWF. What does it say Bruiser when we both watched those Raw shows and didn't really remember Van Dam being on them outside of maybe the initial squash of Jeff? The whole Mr. Monday Night schtick he did in ECW was derived from these brief Raw shots in 1997, it was more of an ironic nickname than something serious. Yet it stuck.

Ahmed ended up much like Rikishi. Some guys just have bad heel turns and become expendable. This happens every few years. Happened with Tatanka in 1994 and his career was wrecked. Ahmed had this happen in 1997 (along with his sloppiness and injuries), then Rikishi in late 2000.

The only notable things I remember of Ahmed after the turn is him getting injured before his match with Taker at Canadian Stampede and getting kicked out of the Nation just after his return. The last time I recall seeing him after that was when he was a victim of the Kane Path of Rage.

We haven't seen him for months afterwards (probably Shotgun duty, kind of like Faarooq when he got kicked out and teamed with Scorpio), he got his ass kicked and we never saw him again.

Can we agree the Ahmed heel turn basically killed his career? He went from feuding with the Nation for a year to then joining the group and doing a goofy heel turn, and then got hurt on top of it so that when he came back they had moved on and he was further screwed. Of course he was injury prone and sloppy, but that heel turn was the catalyst for the downward spiral.

Yeah, none of the fans bought it. Why would this guy who was in this extreme feud with the Nation, who almost had his career ended by Farooq, all of a sudden join the same group that's trying to kill him. It was silly and an insult to the intelligence of the fans. Also, on top of that he was losing his overness by that point anyway.

Guest shadylpete

Not to get off topic, but speaking of failed heel turns...what about failed face turns? Randy Orton comes to mind, lol

Not to get off topic, but speaking of failed heel turns...what about failed face turns? Randy Orton comes to mind, lol

Orton's definitely. He lost all the momentum he had after winning the title at Summerslam.

Guest Brett Wolverton
Anyone have Verizon? I just got them 2 weeks ago, and except for WrestleMania 18, I havent gotten any new content since the first March update. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have Charter in Greenville, South Carolina, and did not get the Monday Night Wars and the new NWA in last week's update....so I guess I didn't get last week's update at all.

Guest Brett Wolverton
Anyone have Verizon? I just got them 2 weeks ago, and except for WrestleMania 18, I havent gotten any new content since the first March update. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have Charter in Greenville, South Carolina, and did not get the Monday Night Wars and the new NWA in last week's update....so I guess I didn't get last week's update at all.

Alright, I got both last week and this week's updates overnight. Catching me back up with the rest of the crew. I also got WrestleMania VIII this morning as well.

Guest krash9924

Wow, not sure if anybody has mentioned it but the WWE Houston show 12/10/87 under Big Ones might have the worst commentary I have ever heard. I know one of them is Brother Love but the other two are horrible beyond belief. Does any one know who they were and why they were there? Did someone lose a bet?

Guest shadylpete

I just realized that next month we'll have HD programming in the form of the Royal Rumble from this past January. WWE has already said it will air HD programming On-Demand as well so hopefully the quality looks great. Since Comcast doesn't have any HD PPV channels I never got to watch it in HD.

What's this about Comcast not having any HD PPV channels? I keep seeing an HD PPV channel with WWE and MMA listings, but since I just got HD, I haven't been able to see any. Is HD PPV only available in select markets with Comcast?

Guest Lee_The_Pea
Wow, not sure if anybody has mentioned it but the WWE Houston show 12/10/87 under Big Ones might have the worst commentary I have ever heard. I know one of them is Brother Love but the other two are horrible beyond belief. Does any one know who they were and why they were there? Did someone lose a bet?

The female is Mike Mcguirk, who also ring announced. I've never heard the heel before but he was so bad he was funny, but not in a good way. When Delomlition came out he said "these guys are interscalastical"

Guest shadylpete
What's this about Comcast not having any HD PPV channels? I keep seeing an HD PPV channel with WWE and MMA listings, but since I just got HD, I haven't been able to see any. Is HD PPV only available in select markets with Comcast?

Must be a local thing then, because there is no HD PPV channel here in Boston.

That's what I assumed. On this system when you boot up channel 247, you have "Subscribers Only" (which anyone can look at, you just can't watch) and "Free Trial". The free area still just had the 4 standard previews but like I said, I'm not concerned as I have all the Manias. Just finished XIV on Sunday, which means it's time to FF right through XV.

Can there be any more blurred out WW_ logos in a single match than in the X-Pac Vs. Shane McMahon match from WrestleMania XV? It is incredible how many logos are blurred out. I am convinced at one point in the match it is just blurs punching one another.

Can there be any more blurred out WW_ logos in a single match than in the X-Pac Vs. Shane McMahon match from WrestleMania XV? It is incredible how many logos are blurred out. I am convinced at one point in the match it is just blurs punching one another.

Betcha WWE wishes it hadn't splashed that logo all over everything back then. After awhile it does look like you are watching a bunch of blurs fight.

Anyhow a couple of weeks ago, I was watching the Raw before wm 18 and then the ppv itself it's really funny seeing them have the real nwo theme and trishs themes intact on raw, and the ppv edits them (obviously they take the wms off of the dvd anthology, its not like they would rerecord them and in the case of 18 have to re-blur them) This whole theme edits thing gives me a headache.

And on a side note, I haven't had the video skipping and freezing problem for the past 2 weeks (outside of a quick one or two somewhere) , so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the time being.

Damn I don't visit the site for 2 weeks or so and you put on a 24/7 folder. Actually that's a good idea. Thanks Moderators.