TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

John Cena calls out the The Rock for leaving wrestling

I opened this fully expecting it to be a dustinbeaverton thread.

The Rock doesn't owe anyone jack shit. He had a great wrestling career and has now moved on to better endeavors.

Like the film DOOM.

j/k - if your heart is not in the business then don't come back.

But I did like this promo:

WWE has no one to blame but themselves for the Rock being gone. They pushed him into doing movies, and when he became a success at that, it was pretty much a no brainer that he was going to be gone eventually.

I wish people would forget about the Rock coming back. Jim Ross and the Rock himself have both said that he's completely done with wrestling. Yeah, it would be great if he would come back for one more match, but it's not going to happen.

One more match to do what exactly? If you are The Rock, would you be in a hurry to come back to wrestle and put over WWE's Flavor of the Week? Or a guy you personally dislike (HBK)?

One more match to do what exactly? If you are The Rock, would you be in a hurry to come back to wrestle and put over WWE's Flavor of the Week? Or a guy you personally dislike (HBK)?

Rock does like to put people over.

Somehow I can see him coming back for a match if WWE offered the right opponent and the right price.

How does he put someone over though? He has a movie career now, if he comes back for one match everybody'll expect him to lose anyway since he's got nothing to gain from winning, so whoever beats him won't gain that much out of it since it's so predictable. Or, he wins to swerve~! everybody and nobody gains anything at all. All it'd really do is give WWE a memorable, but isolated, PPV moment.

How deep is this rift between HBK and Rocky? Rock was a midcarder when HBK was in the heavyweight division. Rock was at his peak when HBK was on the shelf with a back injury, so I'm not sure how frequently they crossed paths. Is this tension by association because of HHH? Or because of what HBK did to his good friend Bret Hart?

Someone else could explain this better, but yeah, it's mostly to do with HHH. He and Rock were competing for the same spot in '97, and Shawn wanted Hunter to get it, so he would use his clout to mess with Rock as far as how he was booked. The most concrete example of this was Rock being booked to lose cleanly to Bret, which Shawn allegedly had a hand in. Bret found out about this, knew why it was done, and had it changed to Rock getting a DQ win, which is why Rock has spoken so highly of Bret since.

Rock was also reportedly extremely unhappy that after putting over the Hurricane, he ended up getting Pedigreed by Triple H on five straight Raws after Rock took back off to Hollywood.

John Cena was asked in a UK Sun interview whether there was any heat between he and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony given Cena's critical comments. "No, because there was no problem or controversy—and Rock is first and foremost a gentlemen," Cena said.

"...And Rock is one of those guy who gave the 'I've wanted to do this all my life' speech, but in actuality he wanted to be an actor. Now trust me, that is totally fine with me. It's OK. But just don't say one thing and do another. Because our fans are extremely loyal and when yo do that it pisses me off.

"All of us work so hard to make the show as good as it can be. So it's hard when people give the impression of 'this is the greatest gig in the world' and then jump ship to make movies. Now I have every interviewer in the world asking me when I'm leaving to make movies. And the answer is I'm never doing that, because I love wrestling more than I do movies.

"It's guys like that who set the precedent of using wrestling as a stepping stone to do films. But there's no controversy to any of that—as Rock is a successful actor and that's what he has always wanted to be." To read the full interview, visit the UK Sun.

Prowrestling.net

Why would he? Think about...Rock comes from a family of "jobbers" and "mid-carders" and "gimmicks"...he is the one person in his family who made it...because of all the hard work before...make no mistake about it...handing out an Oscar is not flavor of the fucking week...he is gaining respect....and he made it happen because of the roads traveled before him (do you really think Rocky Johnson was never called a nigger?) Rock (Dwayne) rose to the occasion....and made the most of it...period....who among you was never entertained by him? THINK ABOUT IT!!!! We all got our time...as wrestling fans...and we never have to see Rock end up hosting American Gladiators...or doing spite ful shoot videos....we get him....wrestling Austin/Benoit/Foley/HHH...we got him at his prime...and we enjoyed it....give him time...to forge his way...in his life...PERIOD.

I love the Rock...I don't miss HIM...I miss when a person could take over his role and get it over...Rock/Austin/Foley/Taker/Goldberg/Rey Rey etc....got over on theri own....same for Y2J and Michaels....let's not point out the short...let's just let Vince know we remember the good...and we want it again...guys like Cena/Orton/Benjamin/London/Punk etc can bring it...just let them go...

I'm sorry...I love wrestling...and Rock does not owe me...or anyone else...a damn thing...

I think the people missed his point. He said he has no problems with anyone leaving to make movies, his problem centered around the rock saying how he wanted to do this all his life and leave.

I don't care much for cena as a wrestler or a character but I admire his love for the business. He obviously loves it more than most. He has had a hellicious schedule the last few years between wrestling and his movie stuff and for him to take up for it to this degree and say he would never leave to do something else, really shows he has the ric flair type love for the business in him.

Would anybody really want Rock at 40 years old, on title run number 12 and no matter what he does is a rehash? Of course not. Cena is talking out of his ass. Rock's first love was football. As was Cena's.

Why would he? Think about...Rock comes from a family of "jobbers" and "mid-carders" and "gimmicks"...he is the one person in his family who made it...because of all the hard work before...make no mistake about it...handing out an Oscar is not flavor of the fucking week...he is gaining respect....and he made it happen because of the roads traveled before him (do you really think Rocky Johnson was never called a nigger?) Rock (Dwayne) rose to the occasion....and made the most of it...period....who among you was never entertained by him? THINK ABOUT IT!!!! We all got our time...as wrestling fans...and we never have to see Rock end up hosting American Gladiators...or doing spite ful shoot videos....we get him....wrestling Austin/Benoit/Foley/HHH...we got him at his prime...and we enjoyed it....give him time...to forge his way...in his life...PERIOD.

I love the Rock...I don't miss HIM...I miss when a person could take over his role and get it over...Rock/Austin/Foley/Taker/Goldberg/Rey Rey etc....got over on theri own....same for Y2J and Michaels....let's not point out the short...let's just let Vince know we remember the good...and we want it again...guys like Cena/Orton/Benjamin/London/Punk etc can bring it...just let them go...

I'm sorry...I love wrestling...and Rock does not owe me...or anyone else...a damn thing...

Apparently you have learned how to use "?" and "!". Learn how to use "." and ",".

Would anybody really want Rock at 40 years old, on title run number 12 and no matter what he does is a rehash? Of course not. Cena is talking out of his ass. Rock's first love was football. As was Cena's.

I agree with this guy.

Why.....did this......stupid thread....get revived.................Rock shouldn't come back............period.....he's given.........so much.....to the business.........already......what does he.....have to......give back at this.......point?

(do you really think Rocky Johnson was never called a nigger?)

What does that...have to do...with anything...PERIOD...

Merely pointing out that Rock comes from a family with a long history in the wrestling business, who had to put up with a lot of crap, and after all the hurdles and struggles on the path paved for him, he reached the top of the industry. He has thus earned the right to walk away. Job well done. The point of making this statement is along the lines of the "American Dream" of sorts, where through all the hardships and such endured by the previous generation, you hope to make it to the "top".

And sorry if my "typing" style bothers someone...especially after a long night. I guess I should just start posting in every thread with one sentence replies that carry no topic of conversation further. That way I can "fit" your mold.

Oh...wait...I owe you nothing.

Just like The Rock.

FULL CIRCLE!