TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 2.26.08

Maria's posing in Playboy has sparked debate across WWE and ECW. Some are for it; others are against it.

One of those against it is Maria's own beau, Santino Marella. This week on ECW, he will take his debate to the Extreme when he visits ECW and teams with Layla in an tag team match against Kelly Kelly & the undefeated Kofi Kingston, who both favor Maria's appearance in Playboy.

In other developments, CM Punk made it known on the last ECW that even though he might not have gold around his waist, he is still the man to beat in the Land of the Extreme. Alongside newly named 2008 Hall of Famer Ric Flair, he disposed of the self-proclaimed “Gold Standard,” Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke. Who is next on the Straightedge Superstar’s list of victims? Has ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero fallen off the former champion's radar? Or will he seek revenge for his loss to at No Mercy?

Also on ECW, Colin Delaney suffered another tough loss at the hands of The Miz. Tommy Dreamer rushed to help him fight off attacks by the WWE Tag Team Champions, but The Miz & John Morrison proved to be too much for them to handle. Will Delaney find a way to leave his mark on the ECW roster? Could he be a mainstay?

Stevie Richards rolled to his second consecutive victory since returning to action. The ECW Original has already started to work his way up the ranks of the Land of the Extreme. With even throat surgery not able to stop him, how far will he go?

Vince thinks he someone younger wrestlers should look up to, and he's gotten good reactions since returning. What's wrong with that?

I like the guy and he's had very good matches with Punk in ECW, it's just that I don't think wwe fans have ever cared about him enough to do this comeback angle. I'd much rather see him get frustrated and snap and become a Pillman-esque loose cannon character.

Nice to see them following Brand continuity once again with Santino and Maria appearing on the show.

Speaking of which, are Ric Flair and Big Show brand-floaters?

Nice to see them following Brand continuity once again with Santino and Maria appearing on the show.

Speaking of which, are Ric Flair and Big Show brand-floaters?

Apparently Flair is allowed to go whatever show he pleases since this is his retirement tour.(I never heard that explanation given on WWE T.V. I think someone here thought that was the reason why. I just think it's simply lazy writing once again.) As for Big Show, that's a good question. To my knowledge, they haven't stated which show he's supposed to be on, like that matters anymore.

So, I can't be the only one who noticed that Santino and Layla are facing the KKK(k), right?

As for Big Show, WWE.com has him on the SD roster, if that means anything.

Since the winner faces Chavo next week, you think we'll see some type of draw next week with Punk and Chavo to set up the "Final Battle" at WM in some type of gimmick (E.R or 2/3 falls for instance)?

To me it's just a shame that once the ECW brand was brought back that Stevie Richards wasn't allowed to back to his ECW gimmick the way Dreamer and Sandman were, I mean Stevie was just as much an ECW original as them and his Dancin Stevie/Big Stevie Cool/Clueless putz gimmick was a riot which also showed off his skills on the mic.

It's waaaay to late now as the "ECW" has pretty much been thrown out altogether of ECW.

I swear they do that finish for all of Punk's triple threat matches. The crowd was pretty good for this match. I get the sense next week will be the final match rather then WM. The only thing I can imagine working is Punk winning and facing MVP in a champion vs champion match with Chavo getting slotted in the MitB.

I hardly watch ECW, so this was only like the second or third time that I have seen Burke wrestle, and I must say, I wasn't impressed in the bit. That one exchange with Punk was horrible, and both guys are to blame for it. Then Burke missed the break-up of the pin. If I never see him wrestle again, it would be too soon. Shelton was gold in the match though, and Punk, I'm not a fan of to begin with. Chavo vs Shelton would have made me want to watch next week, but Punk vs Chavo, I think not.

Shelton Benjamin is amazing.

Watching this match I was also thinking that. Benjamin is so gifted.

The match itself was good after the sloppyness at the start. I wish Burke or Benjamin went over though. Chavo has already gone over Punk clean. There is nowhere to go with this feud. I know Punk is more over with the fans, but both Benjamin and Burke could produce better matches with Chavo.

I hardly watch ECW, so this was only like the second or third time that I have seen Burke wrestle, and I must say, I wasn't impressed in the bit. That one exchange with Punk was horrible, and both guys are to blame for it. Then Burke missed the break-up of the pin. If I never see him wrestle again, it would be too soon. Shelton was gold in the match though, and Punk, I'm not a fan of to begin with. Chavo vs Shelton would have made me want to watch next week, but Punk vs Chavo, I think not.

Burke is much better, usually... they just don't use him really... anymore. He got lost in the shuffle with the Smackdown/ECW merger and it's a shame.