TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 2.26.08

I thought this was a fun show from top to bottom, despite the early miscomunications between Burke and Punk on the main event. The mixed tag was harmless and the other tag match was pretty enjoyable. I'm liking that Mickey Whipwreck-ish vibe they have with Colin Delany and I was kinda hoping they put both an ECW Title match and a WWE tag Title match at Mania but I guess that's too much to ask so I'll conform with they having at least the ECW Title defended at WM. I'm guessing next week's Title match ends inconclusevly and they make the final blow-off at WM. Wouldn't mind a tag title change either for next week. And also Kofi gets my vote to make it in the MITB, although I also like Elijah very much.

I was really hoping Benjamin might win and somehow the Punk/Benjamin inevitable title feud would start off at WM. Then I forgot Benjamin was in the MITB.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, something along the lines of Punk winning next week, and then Benjamin/Punk for the ECW title at Mania, but Shelton is already in MITB. So not sure whats going to happen for Mania, I really don't think doing Chavo/Punk at Mania is a good idea if they are already doing that next week as well.

I was really hoping Benjamin might win and somehow the Punk/Benjamin inevitable title feud would start off at WM. Then I forgot Benjamin was in the MITB.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, something along the lines of Punk winning next week, and then Benjamin/Punk for the ECW title at Mania, but Shelton is already in MITB. So not sure whats going to happen for Mania, I really don't think doing Chavo/Punk at Mania is a good idea if they are already doing that next week as well.

Since nothing appeared to happen on Smackdown regarding MVP for WM, I’m pushing for a champion Vs champion match between Punk and MVP. Which could leave Chavo for MITB or off the card altogether. There’s a whole month left to build something of substance and they’d have a good mid-card/opener wrestling match that WM lacks right now. Elijah is a really good talent but like all young guys, he still misses a few spots or comes off awkward in transition. To praise Benjamin, you’d have to remember that he was even worse then what Burke displayed last night for awhile when he came into the WWE. Burke has tremendous potential. His matches with Punk last year were more consistent then Punk’s affairs with Morrison and Chavo.

I guess if Matt Hardy isnt ready to return yet, MVP v. Punk for the ECW title would work, given there is a small backstory there.

Otherwise I'm totally at a loss on who to have Punk (who I assume will win the title back next week) take on at Mania - they could do Kane or something off the wall like that, I guess.

We might be quick to assume Punk is winning the title back at all. Punk and MVP could be headed to the MitB match and if they care to put the ECW title on the show, they can still go Chavo-Kane although it'd be a horrible move on all parts and they have done pretty well at setting up a desirable WM card thus far.

I guess if Matt Hardy isnt ready to return yet, MVP v. Punk for the ECW title would work, given there is a small backstory there.

There is?

I enjoyed this ECW show, espically the triple threat. I think Shelton performed his ass during that match and helped the match flow nicely, other than the mis-match work of Punk and Burke.