TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

TNA Impact Spoilers for 3/6/08

Xplosion:

*Erc Young pinned Johnny Devine.

Impact:

*Jim Cornette announces that tonight's edition of Impact will feature Kevin Nash vs. AJ Styles in a Street Fight, Tomko vs. ASamoa Joe in a First Blood match and a Six Sides of Steel match between TNA champ Kurt Angle and Christian Cage. Booker T comes out and it's announced he will face Robert Roode in a strap match at the PPV with Ms. Brooks and Payton Banks in their respective corners. Roode comes out and he and Booker have a brawl before being separated by security.

*Kevin Nash defeated TNA Tag Team champ AJ Styles in a Street Fight.

*It's announced there will be a 16 Man Battle Royal later tonight with the winner being able to name their stips for Destination X. The Battle Royal is won by Curry Man, so Shark Boy announces that if Team 3D make weight by Destination X, they will have a "Fish Market Street Fight" but if 3D can't make weight or lose the PPV bout, they will be gone from TNA.

*Tomko defeated Samoa Joe in the First Blood match.

*Rhino defeated Judas Mesias.

*TNA Knockouts champ Awesome Kong defeated LAX's Salinas.

* Christian Cage defeated TNA champion Kurt Angle inside the Six Sides of Steel in a non-title match. They did a finish where both climbed over at the same time but Cage hit the floor first. Angle, AJ and Tomko locked Cage in the cage and beat him down but Joe and Nash finally made the save. Said to have been a really good match.

A fish-market street fight? Brilliant!

So let's see...we have a streetfight, a firstblood match, a sixteen man battle royal, and a six sides of steel rematch of the last PPV with no build up. Sounds about right.

My head hurts after reading those results.

It's no wonder HTQ quit posting these.

Say what you will about Tomko's improvement, but I'm tired of Joe losing to him. Isn't he like 1-3 against him now? Really sad. This doesn't look good for his possible next title shot either.

If you ignore the overbooking that runs wild on Impact, this sounds watchable from a wrestling perspective. I'm sure I'll forget to watch it as usual, but I'll try and catch the main event.

If you ignore the overbooking that runs wild on Impact, this sounds watchable from a wrestling perspective. I'm sure I'll forget to watch it as usual, but I'll try and catch the main event.

Doing all those gimmick matches in one night seems quite wasteful, but then again this is the company that markets a PPV of nothing but cage matches.

I suppose I could also complain and say they're booking a street fight on free TV then promoting another as a reason to order a PPV, but since it's a "fish market" street fight, it's a different ballgame (sounds like a comedy match).

I suppose I could also complain and say they're booking a street fight on free TV then promoting another as a reason to order a PPV, but since it's a "fish market" street fight, it's a different ballgame (sounds like a comedy match).

If it's what I think it is, are they going to smack each other in the face with live fish during the match? :rolleyes:

How about a fishing pole on a pole match? First person to retrieve the the pole and "hook" their opponents with it is declared the winner.

From the Observer spoilers:

Tomko b Samoa Joe first blood. Tomko hit Joe with a chair and Joe bled a tiny amount from the arm. But since it's first blood, it was over. It was put over like Joe got screwed by the ref.

It'll be interesting to see if this plays out as it reads.

Apparently this is Judas Mesias last TNA taping. They cut ties with him because he wanted too much money. He has a better deal in AAA anyways.

So how long till they have a barb wire match on free tv?

It's not like they did much with Mesias. He won what, 1 match during his tenure in TNA? So much for him being this unstoppable monster. He at least had an interesting look.

Kevin Nash defeated TNA Tag Team champ AJ Styles in a Street Fight.

This pic has been overexposed recently, but it's deserved here.

picard-headesk.jpg

If anyone has a logical argument as to why proven anti-draw and grey-haired cripple Kevin Nash should be beating anyone at this point, please explain so.

Pretty good show. The main event was great if you can suspend your disbelief on some of the cage spots. The finish, in particular, looked pretty bad as Angle could have easily dropped a couple times and then his feet hit the floor first anyway. Really enjoyable entertaining match up to that point though.

I was kinda pissed that Styles lost clean to Nash when it looked like they might be setting him up for an eventual world title shot, and the whole 2/3 thing's stupid when they already advertised the main event and you know it can't end 2-0, but it was never dull. Still way better than Raw.

Another good Christian/Angle match.

I'm also loving Robert Roode. They have to drag out Booker/Roode for Lockdown. Its just screaming for a cage match blowoff since you know the women will be getting involved again this month.

Pretty good show. The main event was great if you can suspend your disbelief on some of the cage spots. The finish, in particular, looked pretty bad as Angle could have easily dropped a couple times and then his feet hit the floor first anyway. Really enjoyable entertaining match up to that point though.

I was kinda pissed that Styles lost clean to Nash when it looked like they might be setting him up for an eventual world title shot, and the whole 2/3 thing's stupid when they already advertised the main event and you know it can't end 2-0, but it was never dull. Still way better than Raw.

As far as the cage match is concerned, trying to pull off the ending sequence that they scripted would be pretty hard. Did they not have a camera angle on it on purpose?

I'm also loving Robert Roode.

So you're That Guy, huh?

Not that Roode is the worst wrestler ever or anything, but man he bores the shit out of me. He's like TNA's version of Mike Knox, except he's pushed ten times harder and he doesn't do the cool DDT headstand bump.

From the Observer spoilers:

Tomko b Samoa Joe first blood. Tomko hit Joe with a chair and Joe bled a tiny amount from the arm. But since it's first blood, it was over. It was put over like Joe got screwed by the ref.

It'll be interesting to see if this plays out as it reads.

At least it didn't seem to get put over that way. It was more of a 'tough break' for Joe than it was the ref screwing him.

As far as the cage match is concerned, trying to pull off the ending sequence that they scripted would be pretty hard. Did they not have a camera angle on it on purpose?

I'm 99% sure that they did have a camera that showed it better, but they didn't use it because Christian was booked to win the match and Angle's feet hit the ground first. That was the most ambiguous angle they had and the only one where you could believably think Christian won.

Actually, if you go to the TNA front page right now and watch the little "TNA today" video, they have a view that shows Angle's feet clearly hitting the ground first. It wasn't even remotely close.