TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

1986 TSM Baseball Simulation League

I like how the effective use of platooning has helped my team take advantage offensively...

Chili Davis (4R): Hitting .333/.367/.556 in 27 AB.

Gary Matthews (4L): Hitting .294/.455/.412 in 17 AB.

Chris Brown (1R): Hitting .320/.393/.440 in 25 AB.

Ron Cey (4L): .316/.381/.737 in 19 AB.

Alvin Davis (3R): .385/.448/.500 in 26 AB.

Changed my default lineup when Willie Randolph got hurt and am now on a five game winning streak. Think I'll let it ride another series or two.

Sweep of Salisbury! Frank Viola starts my next game, and with an 0-3 record and 22.71 ERA, he's fighting to keep his rotation spot. I asked the system to give him a slow hook, if he gets shelled I want at least to see him get work in.

I have really good pitching and defense, but aside from Eric Davis and Joe Carter my team couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag.

I made lineup changes for the games today (Eric Davis out of leadoff) and if that doesn't work, some heads will roll tomorrow.

My team has scored two runs or less in eight of my last nine games so not surprising I've only managed two wins in that span. Even though none of my regulars have high injury ratings I've had a bunch of them hurt together as for the first game of my next series Jesse Barfield, Kent Hrbek, and Julio Franco are out of the line up. Problem has also been that Barfield and Rickey Henderson are both off to slow starts. When my lead off hitter and my #3 hitter aren't hitting there's not a whole lot I can do.

Despite losing 2 of 3 in the series, that was a fun 3 game series. All 3 games came down to either the 9th inning or extra innings and my club scored 19 runs while getting 40 hits.

My team is the very definition of an "all offense/no defense" team... out slug me and you'll probably win but the odds of playing a 3-2 or 2-1 game against me are fairly low.

I've been held to 2 runs or less only 4 times (19.0%) and scored 6 runs or more in 7 games (33.3%).

I also lead the league in RS and RA :(

Despite having the 9th fewest HR, I'm 2nd in BB and 3rd with a team OPS of .757.

I have the league's worst WHIP and 3rd worst ERA but my offense is totally kicking ass and dominating. I also got my first sweep of the season.

I'm the only team over .500 with a negative RS vs. RA ratio...

I've scored 20 fewer runs than any team in the league. Barfield and RICKEY~ are still killing me hitting at .193/.273/.318 and .185/.294/.223 clips respectively.

Guest Smues
The Ice Hoes are the best team so far, and I'm pretty sure Smues wasn't even at the draft.

Yeah I completely forgot about it. I didn't think I'd be available for it, then I was and forgot. Bah.

And I haven't been able to log in to my team in about a week either, so I can't even manage the undrafted team. If I'm winning I guess that's a good thing.

It's bad enough to be swept by the lowly Oaks, but each loss by only 1 run makes it worse. And now I go up against the Ice Hoes. I only have 2 decent starting pitchers and they both lost since my hitters did nothing. Mike Witt, who will most likely start the first game today, has been pretty awful with the exception of his last start which he somehow pitched a shutout (which considering the Bibles only scored 1 run, was timed perfectly). Danny Darwin is even worse, and if he has another bad game, he'll probably get kicked to the curb like Danny Jackson and Ed Lynch before him.

Been struggling as of late, largely due to injuries.

I made a couple pick ups to help my pitching in MR Jeff Dedmon (2.98 ERA in RL in 99.2 IP) and SP Shane Rawley (S8 endurance and had a 3.54 ERA in RL.

Guest Smues

I'm sure it won't last, so I'll take this chance to enjoy/document the fact that I both lead the league in runs scored (252, 2nd most is 220) and runs allowed (158, 2nd most is 161.) Go Ice Hoes!

Took 2 of 3 and am currently sitting at 22-23 on the season.

I find I'm tweaking my rotation/lineup to better match up against not only the opponents pitching/lineups but also the ballpark. Hoping it will pay off down the long run.

Im up against the Ice Hoes next.

uh oh

Ive allowed the 3rd fewest runs but Ive also scored the 3rd fewest runs, and 3rd best fielding %. I dont feel like making any changes but I dont know how long that can last and keep me 1 game back out of first.

How do I change my shitty stadium? I forgot to do that before.

You can't, it's locked once the season starts.

:(

I was not home/online for the better part of a week when the season started. I got stuck with the shittiest stadium ever.