TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: 3/1/08 - 3/16/08

Louisville is shit. Sooner they're out, the better, if it saves everyone from reading the idiotic ramblings of cabbageboy.

Guest Beastalentier

I think he has Western Kentucky and UK as contingency plans. You thought we'd get off easy?

Eh. I like Coach Knight's Idea of making it just the Top 128 Teams.

All it does is add one game and every team that deserves a bid gets in

and we will still pretty much end up w/ the same result in the end.

Bobby Knight can suck it, and don't call him Coach. He's not your coach. Would you call him Dad?

No i wouldnt call him Dad. What does him not being my Coach have to do w/ me Calling him Coach Knight?

Louisville is shit. Sooner they're out, the better, if it saves everyone from reading the idiotic ramblings of cabbageboy.

Nah, as long as Georgetown and UCLA (or any Pac-10 team) is in the tournament he'll have plenty of idiotic ramblings.

UNC players still call Dean Smith Coach

UCLA players still call John Wooden Coach

When I met Larry Brown during the Pre-Olympic Exhibtion training I called him Coach.

He's not your coach. You can call him Bob Knight, ESPN talking head, or asshole. You don't call him Coach Knight.

I don't think that matters

I think he has Western Kentucky and UK as contingency plans. You thought we'd get off easy?

Both will be out in the first round. No biggie there.

Good call. How is it that a guy whose entire premise on his tv show is centered around unique garbage diners and hidden small town gems allow himself to pitch for some assembly line restaurant?

Can that guy even cook? Say what you want about Emeril or Rachel Ray but they're decent chefs. I've never seen this Fierri guy cook anything. Just amble around diners in suburban New Jersey talking about how the corned beef hash is "money".

Ahhh...nevermind

Good call. How is it that a guy whose entire premise on his tv show is centered around unique garbage diners and hidden small town gems allow himself to pitch for some assembly line restaurant?

Can that guy even cook? Say what you want about Emeril or Rachel Ray but they're decent chefs. I've never seen this Fierri guy cook anything. Just amble around diners in suburban New Jersey talking about how the corned beef hash is "money".

Ahhh...nevermind

Yeah, I confused Rachel Ray with one of the other chicks on The Food Network. Rachel Ray can't cook.

Now back onto the basketball talk.

Guy Fieri has his own cooking show, "Guy's Big Bite", and he's also hosting some recipe show with the guy who used to be the host of Double Dare in addition to the show you guys mentioned. He's like the male version of Rachel Ray on the Food Network.

On topic, as long as UNC doesn't win I don't mind who does.

Yes I watched the NIT Selection Show.

8 UNC Asheville at 1 Ohio State

5 New Mexico at 4 California

6 Cleveland State at 3 Dayton

7 Utah State at 2 Illinois State

8 Morgan State at 1 Virginia Tech

5 UAB at 4 VCU

6 Charlotte at 3 Nebraska

7 UC Santa Barbara at 2 Mississippi

8 Alabama State at 1 Arizona State

5 Oklahoma State at 4 Southern Illinois

6 Rhode Island at 3 Creighton

7 San Diego State at 2 Florida

8 Robert Morris at 1 Syracuse

5 Maryland at 4 Minnesota

6 Akron at 3 Florida State

7 Stephen F Austin at 2 Massachusetts

Man, fuck Cal getting in. They so should have been CBI bound.

I tentatively have UNC and UCLA meeting in the Finals, but I'm not sold on it. After watching UNC over the weekend, I'm not even convinced that they are that good. Seems like a really down year for the NCAA overall.

My high school history teacher is the mascot for UC Santa Barbara. Phantom of the Dome or something like that.

Bet he'll love it in Mississippi, if he goes.

That's really all I have to say about the NIT.

ok so is there some magic rule now that if your a subpar team who makes a magical run in a major conference tourney that warrants a spot in the big show, a bunch of bullcrap, Illinois State got screwed, I should fly to Georgia and finish the job the tornado didnt do :P

Guest Beastalentier
ok so is there some magic rule now that if your a subpar team who makes a magical run in a major conference tourney that warrants a spot in the big show

Actually, there is a rule that says just that!

Illinois State got screwed, I should fly to Georgia and finish the job the tornado didnt do

Watch out for Hurricane Nate.

Guest Vitamin X
In all fairness, they have a losing record, so it's hard to justify anything higher than that. Personally, I would've ranked them below good old Portland State, which I feel should be the official underdog team of TSM.

YES~

WE BELIEVE. We also get #1 ranked Kansas in the Midwest final. It's exciting, to feel like the university I go to actually competes in major collegiate athletics.

OSVSZJVBTKKKUPX.20080316200129.jpg

WE COMIN FOR YOU JAYHAWKS

I don't know if it's because it's Spring Break or what, but there was absolutely zero excitement in Athens today as the team made a miracle run to the tournament. This is a town where t-shirts for football victories against Oklahoma State and Troy were prevalent just a few short months ago.

Yeah, it's called the automatic bid rule. It's been around for awhile.

well yea, my whole point is Georgia was not even on the bubble, and suddenly getting to the finals of the SEC tourney somehow got them a spot, when they have not done squat all season, other then that I really have no issue with the way things came together

well yea, my whole point is Georgia was not even on the bubble, and suddenly getting to the finals of the SEC tourney somehow got them a spot, when they have not done squat all season, other then that I really have no issue with the way things came together

They didn't just get to the finals... they won the tournament. The winner of the SEC gets an automatic bid just like all the other conferences. There's nothing strange about that.

Wow. Way to go Nate!

Haven't been in here for a while, but I did not think we were making it when Georgia won. Was happy to see Temple win last night given my dislike of St. Joe's.

Good to see 3 Philly teams in the tournament, but we're all probably out in the first round, though I could possible see Temple upsetting MSU.

Guest Beastalentier

THEY WON THE TOURNAMENT

THE POINT OF THE TOURNAMENT IS TO WIN AN AUTOMATIC BERTH

YOU CANNOT EAT A PURSE

A PURSE IS NOT FOOD