TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

Ah I gotcha...of course that was before the intrawebs really blew up with spoilers gallore.

and even though the Internet was still relatively small back then, spoilers still came out for the show prior to airing, and there were some who felt that it did affect the buyrate in this country.

I can't recall, how did they handle Summerslam 92? This obviously wasn't an issue back then. I remember it being on in the evening because I fell asleep before the Bret/Bulldog match.

Yes, I missed it live, had to watch it on tape the next day...fucking pathetic!

Summerslam was taped 2 days prior to air. I believe it was taped on a Saturday in London and aired Monday night in the States.

Nope, Summerslam '92 aired in the U.S. on August 29, 1992, which was a Saturday. It aired on a tape delay of a few hours. Summerslam '93 aired on a Monday, so you're probably thinking of that.

I can't recall, how did they handle Summerslam 92? This obviously wasn't an issue back then. I remember it being on in the evening because I fell asleep before the Bret/Bulldog match.

Summerslam was taped 2 days prior to air. I believe it was taped on a Saturday in London and aired Monday night in the States.

Nope, Summerslam '92 aired in the U.S. on August 29, 1992, which was a Saturday. It aired on a tape delay of a few hours. Summerslam '93 aired on a Monday, so you're probably thinking of that.

Summerslam was historically a Monday evening event. '92 was taped on the Saturday and aired two days later in the United States. The last Monday Summerslam was 1994.

Guest Bigelow34

It definitely aired Monday night. I know for sure there was a 2 day delay. It was even talked about in PWI.

"SummerSlam 1992 was the fifth annual SummerSlam professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). It took place on August 29, 1992 at Wembley Stadium, London, England, but was aired in the United States on August 31. This event marked the second largest live audience ever to attend a WWF/E event with 80,355 in attendance; the largest being WrestleMania III in 1987 with 93,173. The tagline was "The SummerSlam You Thought You'd Never See.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_1992

Well damn, you learn something new everyday I guess. I watched this show live (I had just turned 8) and I could of sworn it was on a Saturday.

In other news, it seems PWInsider has already killed their policy of blocking news stories from people with ad-blockers loaded in their browser.

Well damn, you learn something new everyday I guess. I watched this show live (I had just turned 8) and I could of sworn it was on a Saturday.

Why????

I wouldn't even remember watching ANY wrestling PPV when I was 8, nevermind what day of the week it was.

Why????

I wouldn't even remember watching ANY wrestling PPV when I was 8, nevermind what day of the week it was.

I was thinking earlier how interesting it is that some of us, myself included, can remember vividly match details from 18 years ago when we were kids, yet can't remember things like the details of other things in life.

Goes with the fan boy territory.

Don't know if this means anything but on the wwe.com title histories section, they added the cruiserweight title to the defunct group, joining the legendary European title and the prestigious Hardcore title.

Upon closer inspection, it's also gone as a displayed title. I guess it is official, WWE Cruiserweight title is GONE!

It's about time they made this official.

Why????

Summerslam 92 was memorable for me because my VCR fucked up when I was recording it and I was pissed about it. It was the first PPV I had ever seen that I hadn't been able to record.

Hey, sometimes you just remember things. I watched Starrcade '95 when I was 10 and I can very clearly remember it was on a Wednesday. It was also during Christmas break so I was able to stay up until 11 watching it. Good times.

I remember being psyched since SummerSlam 92 aired on my birthday and my cousin let me watch it at his house since we didn't have cable. Not being a wrestling fan, he had to constantly remind me that it couldn't possibly be live since it's the middle of the night in the UK. Like I gave a shit on my 10th birthday. Though he and his wife were thoroughly entertained by the HBK/Sherri/Martel saga.

Well it seems like it won't be a Matt/MVP US Title match for mania, MVP will be in the MITB. Which goes to show, nobody cares about the US Title, so you can't "devalue" it.

Was beat too it.

The U.S. title has been defended at the last two WM's... Plus MVP is in a mini-fued right now with Batista an established main eventer for the title.

Yeah, until last week the US title was defended all of 2 times in 6 months. Just because they're using now as a vehicle for the Batista/Umaga program, doesn't really change that. The title means nothing.

Yeah, until last week the US title was defended all of 2 times in 6 months. Just because they're using now as a vehicle for the Batista/Umaga program, doesn't really change that. The title means nothing.

Well, we can all see what will happen at WM, correct?

MVP will be alone on the ladder, ready to grab the briefcase and Matt will storm through the crowd to a loud pop. MVP freaks out and has to make a choice, grab the case or get away from Matt. MVP chooses the latter and they run through the crowd. Leaving Jeff to sneak in and fight off Jericho to obtain the case

That sounds about right, all you forgot is, all this will happen after

Jeff takes a insane bump and will sell it about 3 minutes, I'm guessing he'll take out Kennedy, Benjamin, or Carlito. After MVP leaves, It'll look like Jericho has a easy win, but Hardy will fight his way up the ladder, and pull it out in the end.

Matt wins US title, Jeff wins Heavyweight Title/or MITB match, and they have the confetti hug celebration which they can use instead of the Benoit Eddy one.

People might not want to know who is in the MITB until its on tv.

But it won't air on tv, it happen at a house show. It'll most likely be on WWE.com by the end of today or on Monday before anything is even said on tv.

Why are we putting spoiler tags on something that happened at a house show?

At the Smackdown/ECW house show on Saturday night in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, MVP defeated Jamie Noble to qualify for the Money in the Bank match at WM24.