TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

Meltzer apparently forgot there was 8 people in the MITB match last year when reporting the MVP thing (why the hell are you people spoiler tagging so much non-spoiler stuff today?) as he suspected it was "bumped up" to 8 this year to include MVP and Matt Hardy.

Meltzer apparently forgot there was 8 people in the MITB match last year when reporting the MVP thing (why the hell are you people spoiler tagging so much non-spoiler stuff today?) as he suspected it was "bumped up" to 8 this year to include MVP and Matt Hardy.

So right now we got Carlito, Jericho, Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, Shelton, and MVP. Who gets the remaining two spots? Does anyone think the front runners for the remaining two spots are Matt Hardy and Kane?

So right now we got Carlito, Jericho, Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, Shelton, and MVP. Who gets the remaining two spots? Does anyone think the front runners for the remaining two spots are Matt Hardy and Kane?

Punk?

Guest NitroJMS
Any chance Michaels v. Flair closes the show at Mania?

No, but it does stray into Rock/Hogan territory, in that it may burn out the crowd before either of the title matches. I'd imagine the top of the card will go something along the lines of Edge/Taker, the Flair/HBK, then a filler match (maybe the divas), then finally Orton/HHH/Cena.

I personally think they are gonna kill the crowd with Flair/HBK so I'd finish this way: Edge/Taker -> Filler Match -> Orton/HHH/Cena -> Flair/HBK. HBK pins Flair then they end with a big celebration for Flair with the entire roster and whoever else happens to be there (Hall of Famers, Rock, etc.) Likely, we'll probably get Cena going over in the final match which doesn't really matter where at the top of the card it is.

I can only see HBK/Flair closing if they make it Career v. Career; otherwise it just feels too foreshadowy to put it as the finale. I mean, it's sort of obvious that it's Flair's finale, but they're making a noticeable effort to keep 'surprises' as surprises and have been since the Jericho "leak".

It's an interesting point but what exactly does Michaels have at stake here? It's just him trying to end Flair's career, so is his heart really 100% in it? To sweeten the pot I think Vince needs to be a dick and make Shawn put his career on the line as well, then we have something truly compelling.

As far as match placement goes, they screwed UT out of the main event last year so UT/Edge should main event this show.

It's an interesting point but what exactly does Michaels have at stake here? It's just him trying to end Flair's career, so is his heart really 100% in it? To sweeten the pot I think Vince needs to be a dick and make Shawn put his career on the line as well, then we have something truly compelling.

As far as match placement goes, they screwed UT out of the main event last year so UT/Edge should main event this show.

I agree about UT/Edge because it could provide the happy moment for the bulk of the fans with the streak continuing, but HHH/Cena/Orton will main event. The closing will most likely be HHH celebrating a championship victory (Him being the front runner to win since Cena is about to shoot his next film, and they're not ending this Wrestlemania with Orton going out on top).

In terms of Michaels... it looks as if Vince is going to be hands-off with all angles other than JBL/Hornswaggle/Finlay. Still, I wish he would have forced Michaels to put his career on the line just to add a little more to what Michaels has at stake (Then it could have allowed Shawn to play the pseudo-heel).

Knowing WWE, Michaels vs. Flair will be one of the first matches so that people's ADD can keep them from being dampened by the face's big win in the main event.

Well, they've started building it as "Shawn has reservations, but he's The Showstopper so he won't want to lose at WrestleMania, no matter what", so between now and Mania I should think they'll have built it up so that Shawn's heart will be in it

Guest Bigelow34
I can only see HBK/Flair closing if they make it Career v. Career; otherwise it just feels too foreshadowy to put it as the finale. I mean, it's sort of obvious that it's Flair's finale, but they're making a noticeable effort to keep 'surprises' as surprises and have been since the Jericho "leak".

The only issue I would have with career vs. career is that the stip would clearly give away a Michaels win. Michaels isn't going anywhere. At least now, there is the slight chance Flair could win in a shocker and stick around a bit longer.

This was probably discussed already, but did anyone else get tired of him constantly repeating "Last time I broke your nose, this time, I'll break your jaw", last week? Is that all he can come up with? Is that his big threat? Oh wait, he's now using "Put your money where your mouth is". What's next? "Be there or be square"? Gay.

This was probably discussed already, but did anyone else get tired of him constantly repeating "Last time I broke your nose, this time, I'll break your jaw", last week? Is that all he can come up with? Is that his big threat? Oh wait, he's now using "Put your money where your mouth is". What's next? "Be there or be square"? Gay.

Yeah, I was expecting a bit more promo ability from Money Mayweather.

It seems like they're presenting Mayweather in a fairly heelish fashion. At least that is how the crowd is reacting to him.

I don't know...I'm having a hard time believing this fight is going to get them that many extra PPV buys.

Guest Bigelow34
On the WWE homepage there is poll asking which is the better brand: Raw or Smackdown?

ECW doesn't exist.

I am guessing it is playing off of the brand battle at Wrestlemania between the two.

Is anybody else not really interested in Wrestlemania this year like me? The card looks like crap and one of the matches I was really looking forward to was Matt Hardy Vs. MVP and they scrapped it for whatever dumb reason.

When was the last time you guys were really excited for Wrestlemania going in? For me, I'd say 22.

Is anybody else not really interested in Wrestlemania this year like me? The card looks like crap and one of the matches I was really looking forward to was Matt Hardy Vs. MVP and they scrapped it for whatever dumb reason.

When was the last time you guys were really excited for Wrestlemania going in? For me, I'd say 22.

The card looks great, and I haven't been this interested in a Wrestlemania since XX.

It's Flair's final match. If you aren't watching...I don't know what to say to you.