TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

He can't wrestle. He's a good promo in his current character and his previous incarnation. Why push him as a "serious" wrestler? Being the comedy act isn't a bad thing. Santino will never be a main event act, you have to have those smarmy heels in the mid-card.

"These are junior mints, they even have them in king size. Ooops, That's for a Triple H, we can't have the King size, we have to have the junior peasent size"

Santino is hilarious, the whole Triple H bit was tremendous.

He can't wrestle. He's a good promo in his current character and his previous incarnation. Why push him as a "serious" wrestler? Being the comedy act isn't a bad thing. Santino will never be a main event act, you have to have those smarmy heels in the mid-card.

Santino would make a great manager... if the WWE still used managers properly. (See Armando Estrada as another example)

Vince McMahon was on Chet Coppock's show in Chicago this morning. When hyping WrestleMania, Vince may have accidentally confirmed the finish to one of the matches. He said, "WrestleMania has something for everyone: a David vs. Goliath match, a Triple H match, Undertaker's winning streak, and Ric Flair's retirement match."

Why push him as a serious wrestler? Because of his potential, genius,

He doesn't have any potential as a "serious wrestler', he's awful in the ring.

But Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, and Chrstian are considered bad workers in your opinion... So what you think is irrelevent.

But Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, and Chrstian are considered bad workers in your opinion... So what you think is irrelevent.

You think Santino is a good worker, so your opinion is really irrelevant. Plus, I never said HBK wasn't a good worker, I said he wasn't a great worker. Angle and Christian, yeah they're pretty bad.

I like how you flame bait, when you get called out on bullshit it's hilarious.

You think Santino is a good worker, so your opinion is really irrelevant. Plus, I never said HBK wasn't a good worker, I said he wasn't a great worker. Angle and Christian, yeah they're pretty bad.

I like how you flame bait, when you get called out on bullshit it's hilarious.

Oooooooooook. :wacko:

Anyway, Does anybody see Chavo dropping the title at mania?

If Kane wins the battle royale, I do. Otherwise, I doubt it.

I fail to see how Santino is hopeless in the ring. Who has he wrestled on Raw - He hasn't exactly been in there with ring generals. His underdog fan out of the stands face run was abysmal, but I remember a lot of wrestlers looked terrible upon their debut. I think his comic heel character is detracting from his ring work now as well.

I'm not saying he heads to SD to ME - not by any stretch, but I think being competitive and winning midcard matches and being in serious midcard feuds is certainly something he could handle.

I fail to see how Santino is hopeless in the ring. Who has he wrestled on Raw - He hasn't exactly been in there with ring generals. His underdog fan out of the stands face run was abysmal, but I remember a lot of wrestlers looked terrible upon their debut. I think his comic heel character is detracting from his ring work now as well.

I'm not saying he heads to SD to ME - not by any stretch, but I think being competitive and winning midcard matches and being in serious midcard feuds is certainly something he could handle.

He's pretty bad at everything, the only thing I seen Santino that was good was kicks to the leg. The most I've seen of his work, was in OVW where he had the MMA gimmick, he was very sloppy and had terrible execution. The gimmick was fine, but he couldn't pull it off in the ring. As it is now, he has a great spot, he's hilarious on the mic, and he gets over huge that way. He's one of those heels that people like to see get his ass kick, because he talks a lot of shit. That's pretty good character too have and it really works for him. No need to fuck it up by trying to make him in too a "serious wrestler".

Santino isn't supposed to be the kind of wrestler to have great matches. He's the kind of guy who pisses off the faces and gets his ass kicked, and cheats to get a win.

My digital guide is listing Mania as running from 6-10pm eastern (10:30, actually). That's going to make ordering the show a problem if they're using incorrect times.

I ordered it yesterday, and I noticed the times were a bit weird

Santino isn't supposed to be the kind of wrestler to have great matches. He's the kind of guy who pisses off the faces and gets his ass kicked, and cheats to get a win.

DING, DING, DING... WE HAVE A WINNER.

It's too bad people can't seem to comprehend this. And when has being a bad worker stopped wrestlers from getting a push in the 1st place?

On Saturday tickets for Raw in Toronto go on sale at 10am. I've never ordered through ticketmaster so i'm wondering if there's anything I really should be aware of? Do they release any special codes beforehand? Is it best to maybe log on the site an hour before?

On Saturday tickets for Raw in Toronto go on sale at 10am. I've never ordered through ticketmaster so i'm wondering if there's anything I really should be aware of? Do they release any special codes beforehand? Is it best to maybe log on the site an hour before?

Depends what kind of seats you want. The first 10 rows (on the floor) go quick, so be on there at least 10 minutes beforehand. Also, you might want to make a ticketmaster account now, so you don't have to set one up when you order. They change the page from where it was before tickets went on sale to when they go on sale, so you won't be able to refresh the page and have the page w/ the tickets on sale on it.

They sometimes release codes for a presale, but it would say on the page if there is a presale.

My digital guide is listing Mania as running from 6-10pm eastern (10:30, actually). That's going to make ordering the show a problem if they're using incorrect times.

I ordered it yesterday, and I noticed the times were a bit weird

To clarify, I mean it's going to be hard to justify the order if I'm going to be cut off before the show is over. The flip side is if by the day of the show it's not fixed yet, I can probably end up getting it for free / discounted price by complaining.

Santino's top potential would be an in over his head stooge of a stable.

You mean, like nWo Vincent?

I'm guessing he meant the "big talker" in a stable - the one who tends to get everyone else in trouble because he can't keep his mouth shut.

It's too bad people can't seem to comprehend this. And when has being a bad worker stopped wrestlers from getting a push in the 1st place?

You was the 1st one who said he had "potential" to be a "serious wrestler". When it's obvious he doesn't.

But hey, you were also the guy who said "Jeff Hardy was over more than Eddie fucking Guerrero", "The US Title was valuable", and "Jeff Hardy was clean". You've said all these in the past 2 weeks, but you've had too eat shit on all 3. It's pretty clear you're a moron, I mean hell you said Koschek could beat GSP... :D

You was the 1st one who said he had "potential" to be a "serious wrestler". When it's obvious he doesn't.

But hey, you were also the guy who said "Jeff Hardy was over more than Eddie fucking Guerrero", "The US Title was valuable", and "Jeff Hardy was clean". You've said all these in the past 2 weeks, but you've had too eat shit on all 3. It's pretty clear you're a moron, I mean hell you said Koschek could beat GSP... :D

A) I didn't say he had potential to be a serious wrestler, dipshit... I'm just calling you out for not being the right judge of someones workrate... Especially when you say Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle are not great workers.

B) Jeff Hardy in the past few months was just as over as a face then Guerrero was during his time in the WWE... Guerrero was a better heel then he was a face.

C) Koscheck could beat GSP, and I've explained my point in the MMA forum... I doubt you even have any MMA knowledge.

A) I didn't say he had potential to be a serious wrestler, dipshit... I'm just calling you out for not being the right judge of someones workrate... Especially when you say Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle are not great workers.

B) Jeff Hardy in the past few months was just as over as a face then Guerrero was during his time in the WWE... Guerrero was a better heel then he was a face.

C) Koscheck could beat GSP, and I've explained my point in the MMA forum... I doubt you even have any MMA knowledge.

A: You're a fucking moron..... I guess I'll take a L for saying HBK isn't a "great worker", I can take that. But I won't retract might statements about Kurt being pretty bad, and I think you know Kurt isn't very good yourself, but maybe you don't seeing as you're a fucking moron and all.

B: You're fucking moron... Jeff Hardy has never been more over than Eddie, not even in the last 6 months. It doesn't matter if you think Eddie was a better heel than face, the fact remains that Jeff for the last 6 months was not more over than Eddie in in 2004. Just go to youtube and compare the pops yourself...You fucking moron.

C; You're a fucking moron, in no planet is Koschek better than GSP, unless you're going with the wishful thinking "Anybody could win on any given day" talking point. As far as skills go, there is no way you could say Koschek is any match for GSP, but maybe you can....Because you're a fucking moron.