TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

This is what happens when you put barely trained centerfolds in the ring. I don't get why WWE doesn't grasp the difference between eye candy and actual women workers.

This is what happens when you put barely trained centerfolds in the ring. I don't get why WWE doesn't grasp the difference between eye candy and actual women workers.

How do you explain Rey Mysterio who just got injured again and he's been doing this for 20 years?

How do you explain Rey Mysterio who just got injured again and he's been doing this for 20 years?

Roids? HGH? Not changing his style when his body clearly dictates he needs to?

Barely trained? Did you not watch the WWE programming of 2007 and watch her improve in Trish Stratus levels? She's not the best wrestler out there, but one of the better in the division and seriously improved. I have no idea what you are basing this on. Maria? OK. Candice? No.

Guest Bigelow34
I think he was saying he rather watch Cena than Angle and HBK, I think millions of other people feel the same way.

You must be under 16 years old

Or has the simple ability to watch a match, understand pro wrestling and determine which of those stars is better at his craft, draws more money and entertains him the most.

LOL~!!!

Candice improved and can pull off some moves. That does NOT make her a properly trained wrestler.

Please don't take this as me trying to pick fights, I just want to argue the point a little. Let's not even start with the difference in calling someone "properly trained" and the aforementioned "barely trained". What, in your eyes, makes someone properly trained? They've thrown this girl in the ring for what 4 years now? What does she have to do, work her way up through indy feds, pay her dues and graduate OVW to be "properly trained"? Shouldn't her healthy amount of actual ring experience coupled with former training be enough to at least not lap her in with women who just outright shouldn't be in the ring? Do you really agree that she's just eye-candy?

Candice improved and can pull off some moves. That does NOT make her a properly trained wrestler.

Please don't take this as me trying to pick fights, I just want to argue the point a little. Let's not even start with the difference in calling someone "properly trained" and the aforementioned "barely trained". What, in your eyes, makes someone properly trained? They've thrown this girl in the ring for what 4 years now? What does she have to do, work her way up through indy feds, pay her dues and graduate OVW to be "properly trained"? Shouldn't her healthy amount of actual ring experience coupled with former training be enough to at least not lap her in with women who just outright shouldn't be in the ring? Do you really agree that she's just eye-candy?

It's more in the types of training. In basic wrestling training the emphasis is on learning fundamentals, learning how to work a basic match, getting your timing down and all that fun stuff. It's a bit different from learning how to do spots in a match. The big problem is that WWE's women increasingly attempt more dangerous moves in the ring without that proper foundation, and it bites them.

It's more in the types of training. In basic wrestling training the emphasis is on learning fundamentals, learning how to work a basic match, getting your timing down and all that fun stuff. It's a bit different from learning how to do spots in a match. The big problem is that WWE's women increasingly attempt more dangerous moves in the ring without that proper foundation, and it bites them.

We're eye to eye now. Thanks

Rey Mysterio clearly did change his style, when his body started breaking down. I do agree, that the steroids and HGH have taken a huge toll on him, though.

Well then Candice would be one of the best trained of the divas as she has spent 10-20 hours a week for the past 3 years learning from the ground up in a training center in LA. She simply tore scar tissue, did not make a mistake in the match. Her initial injury was a botched spot, something other wrestlers have had happened to them countless times.

Candice is nowhere close to Trish Stratus in terms of progress. That is an asinine comparison. I've always given credit since she started wrestling to Candice for looking like she was genuinely giving an effort and trying to get better, but she just doesn't have it.

Candice is someone sent out to the ring after practicing a few key spots to hit in a match and have her opponent attempt to carry the rest without anyone screwing up too badly. Someone like Trish at least learned some fundamentals of how to work, and also was much more athletic than Candice.

As far as Rey goes, he's just at the tail end of his career and his body is breaking down.

Source: Gerweck

They are opening up http://www.wwekids.com and the first edition of the WWE Kids Magazine is coming out very soon and Punk is featured in it. Two of the main wrestlers that have been pushed towards children are out of action due to a drug suspension (Jeff Hardy) and an injury (Rey Mysterio). So, with that in mind, the WWE wants CM Punk to be highly pushed towards children and their parents. You will really notice this after Wrestlemania. The WWE public relations machine has already had Punk attend a few schools and there is currently a newspaper article about going to a WWE show and one of the major parts from it was that these parents took their kids to the WWE show to see CM Punk, since he's drug, alcohol, and steroid free.

Guest daygochika

That's horrible Candice re-injured her collarbone in her first match back. Maybe it wasn't totally healed the first time. Hopefully there's no fracture there. That seems like a strange injury to have problems with, the couple of times I've heard of it happening to people, it healed pretty fast and those people were back in action quickly.

Well then Candice would be one of the best trained of the divas as she has spent 10-20 hours a week for the past 3 years learning from the ground up in a training center in LA. She simply tore scar tissue, did not make a mistake in the match. Her initial injury was a botched spot, something other wrestlers have had happened to them countless times.

Yeah that's basically what this is, it's pretty obvious she knows the fundamentals.

Guest daygochika

They are opening up http://www.wwekids.com and the first edition of the WWE Kids Magazine is coming out very soon and Punk is featured in it. Two of the main wrestlers that have been pushed towards children are out of action due to a drug suspension (Jeff Hardy) and an injury (Rey Mysterio). So, with that in mind, the WWE wants CM Punk to be highly pushed towards children and their parents. You will really notice this after Wrestlemania. The WWE public relations machine has already had Punk attend a few schools and there is currently a newspaper article about going to a WWE show and one of the major parts from it was that these parents took their kids to the WWE show to see CM Punk, since he's drug, alcohol, and steroid free.

after seeing him on Raw last night and with Hardy out the mitb I definitely could see them going with Punk because he does have a good fan following and his straight edge lifestyle. I mean when your second biggest belt (IC) has had to change hands the last two times due to drug suspensions then you really have to think before you start pushing someone else.

after seeing him on Raw last night and with Hardy out the mitb I definitely could see them going with Punk because he does have a good fan following and his straight edge lifestyle. I mean when your second biggest belt (IC) has had to change hands the last two times due to drug suspensions then you really have to think before you start pushing someone else.

But he's the King of the Indies! :)

I hope this means a Cena heel turn at WM...cause kids still like him a lot.

To follow up on the talk about the Superstars of WrestleMania movie, well, I saw it over the weekend and damn, it was a really weird experience.

I went to a showing of it over the weekend and I went through the same exact problems as others mentioned that you may have seen in the Observer's daily news updates. If you hadn't read about it yet, basically it sounds like alot, if not possibly all, of the theatres that showed this had the film's digital file sent to them in some corrupt manner. And of course they played it without checking it beforehand. I talked to someone after the movie on the problem that worked there and was told it was an issue with the file they were sent by the company that provided it (so it would either be Carmike or WWE themselves). Since it was played exclusively via digital projection, that means the film and soundtrack is essentially just a really large file that the theatre "downloads" to receive it. So there really wasn't anything the theater themselves could do about it other than request a new "clean" version of the file. And I think I went to the first showing of this like a retard, so I got to experience the shit. I don't know if this issue was fixed in future showings, but I sure hope so because it was a major annoyance to say the least. I ended up getting a full refund, though.

The show itself wasn't that bad, if you take out all of the technical issues. It was fun to see wrestling shown on a big screen, almost bringing back memories of closed circuit pay per views at local theaters (some places may still do this?) and given format, the show was presented in widescreen, which was fine for the bios and such, but it cut off the tops and bottoms of the video when they aired the actual matches, to "form" it into a pseudo-ass backwards widescreen format (if that makes any sense). Made some of the matches hard to watch since so much was being cut from the perspective....think of how WWE has it now with HD widescreen and moreless cut off the standard definition version of any broadcast from the top and bottom significantly and this is what was presented. The sound went from great sounding to almost like it was coming out of a tin can at times, which had to due with the technical issues of the movie "file" being corrupted in some form.

It started with a WrestleMania trailer and then immediately went into a 10-15 minute bio on the Rock. Rock-Hogan from Mania was then shown, and from the start of the intros, the audio went in a weird loop, playing over the original audio on a three second delay from the "live" commentary track. Thus you couldn't really understand anything that was being said or heard essentially, when a three second delay echo effect would occur over the soundtrack.

After the match finished, the audio went back to being ok, and a HBK bio (around the same length, quickly recapping how he got to the point of being back at Mania after retiring) aired followed by Jericho/HBK from Mania 19. A few times during the match, though, sound and video became a bit distorted and not as clear at times. After too many complaints from all five of us total actually watching this, a worker told all of us in the theater that we could get a full refund and leave anytime wish as there was nothing they could do to fix the movie.

Then came a Taker bio followed by Orton/Taker from Mania 21. This was when it got really weird again, as close to the finish of the match, the audio went totally out and the match starting going in fast forward, literally looking like someone hit a fast forward button on a DVD. It stopped right after the match finished, where the audio and video went back to normal AGAIN.

HHH bio was next followed by Jericho/HHH from Mania 18. Everything was great here from a technical standpoint until the clarity of the audio went to sounding like it was coming from a tin can again, and then the video went to looking not as nearly as clean and normal looking. Think of it like watching a video on the internet at half the bandwidth speed and quality compared to the norm. The video is shittier in resolution and the audio sounds "tingier". Thats totally what was happening here.

The show finally stopped with any further technical issues with an Austin bio and Austin/Rock from Mania 15. Overall, I would have been more into the show as a whole (even though I've seen each of those matches a handful of times) if it wasn't for all of the technical issues. The film went close to two hours total in length.

Rey Mysterio clearly did change his style, when his body started breaking down. I do agree, that the steroids and HGH have taken a huge toll on him, though.

Anyone remember the issue of WWE magazine that was hyping Rey's Summer return? Whatever happened to all those "flashy new moves that American wrestling fans have never seen before"? He seemed to be the same old Rey, with the exception of not taking to the air so much.

'It started off as a storyline, but I punched him in the face and he threw me over the top rope, so now its gone from the undercard to the main event of Wrestlemania'

Floyd Mayweather during an interview with Sky Sports News at half three earlier today here in England.

The 'storyline' word was interesting, as the rest of the interview was in kayfabe.

Quite surreal.