TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

Mayweather is just claiming that the match is the marquee attraction. Which is a debatable claim since we'd have to see if there was a significant increase in buys from last year.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/speciale...t_her_name.html

^Anybody ever see that^

Apparently it's a link to the blog of one of the old WWE writers. The link above is a story about Katie Vick (not much that hadn't really been out there before, but still kinda interesting), and there's another post in there talking about the original plan for the World Title when the belts were split in 02.

Sixteen celebrities will compete in the CBS network's new talent show, Secret Talents of the Stars, which premieres live on Tuesday, April 8th at 10 p.m. EST. Like many celebrity competitions, viewers will get to vote for their weekly favorites.

Actors, athletes, and music artists will compete against each other, performing an unknown talent, with the help of the show's supporting headliners that include The Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus, Former Members of World-Renowned Cirque du Soleil and The Flying Karamazov Brothers. Each performance will be critiqued by three judges, although the show's "Viewer Vote" will determine which celebrities continue on in the competition, and which ones will go home.

Celebrities competing in SECRET TALENTS OF THE STARS include:

* Clint Black (country singer) performing stand-up comedy

* George Takei (actor) crooning as a country singer

* Malcolm-Jamal Warner (actor) accompanied by a Hip Hop Orchestra on bass guitar as they perform an original song

* Marla Maples (actress/model) presenting her gymnastic abilities with The Anti-Gravity Troupe featuring unusual gear, aerials, flips and bungee mechanics

* Sasha Cohen (Olympic medalist) exhibiting her agility as a contortionist by performing with the "New Shanghai Circus," a Chinese Acrobat Troupe featuring Kate Kong, renowned contortionists and additional background performers

* Ric Flair (Wrestling Champion) surprising viewers with his salsa dancing skills

* Joe Frazier (athlete/boxer) showcasing his smooth moves as a rhythm & blues singer

* Bridget Marquardt (actress/model) soaring as a trapeze artist with the former masters of Cirque du Soleil

* Mya (singer/actress) demonstrating her tap-dancing prowess

* Danny Bonaduce (actor/radio DJ) maneuvering a unicycle with members of The Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus.

* Sheila E. (singer/drummer) will juggle with The Flying Karamazov Brothers

* Roy Jones, Jr. (boxing champion) will rap

* Cindy Margolis (spokesmodel/actress) will perform magic

* Ben Stein (pop culture personality/Presidential speech writer) will dance The Jitterbug.

Additional acts to be announced shortly.

The seven-week format is as follows:

Tuesday, April 8 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET LIVE, Tape Delayed PT) – Week 1

FOUR new acts will perform. Viewer votes will determine TWO Semi-Finalists.

Tuesday, April 15 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET LIVE, Tape Delayed PT) – Week 2

Tuesday, April 22 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET LIVE, Tape Delayed PT) – Week 3

FOUR acts will perform (Semi-Finalists from Week 1 and Week 2). Viewers will vote to determine TWO FINALISTS.

Tuesday, April 29 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET LIVE, Tape Delayed PT) – Week 4

Tuesday, May 6 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET LIVE, Tape Delayed PT) – Week 5

Tuesday, May 13 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET LIVE, Tape Delayed PT) – Week 6

FOUR acts (Semi-Finalists from Week 4 and Week 5). Viewer votes will determine TWO FINALISTS.

Thursday, May 22 — Live — (8:00–9:00 PM/Tape Delayed PT) "SECRET TALENTS OF THE STARS" FINALE – Week 7

The Final Four (determined by the results from Week 3 and Week 6) will compete one last time for viewer votes to determine the winning SECRET TALENT OF THE STARS.

* Malcolm-Jamal Warner (actor) accompanied by a Hip Hop Orchestra on bass guitar as they perform an original song

What does Eddie Winslow have to say about this?

That's exactly what I was saying. I don't think anyone actually believes it'll close the show because it shouldn't.

Bam Bam/Lawrence Taylor closed Wrestlemania 11...

I could live with it closing the show. I could live with Flair/HBK closing the show too. I think Edge/Taker should close.

So I'll bet on HHH closing.

If it's really Flair's last match, I think it should be last.

Also, Taker should win and keep the streak.

Thing is, this isn't 1995 and WWE's roster isn't so incredibly lame. I mean aside from Diesel/Shawn there really wasn't anything else worth attempting to main event on that PPV. There's absolutely no way they should main event a match with a boxer over the actual wrestlers on the roster.

Flair/HBK is a mid show main event type match or near the end....but it's not a title match so it really can't go on last. The Raw 3 way is such a dreary "been there, done that" type match that I don't want to see it go on last even with a title change. That leaves UT vs. Edge, which is at least 1 on 1, has a title and streak at stake, and should main event.

I think a lot of you are fooling yourselves if you think Taker and Edge will main event. I can't remember the last time that a Smackdown match was the last one. I mean even last year Taker and Batista wasn't anywhere near the end. John Cena is the company's biggest star and he should and probably will main event wrestlemania once again along with HHH and Orton.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/speciale...t_her_name.html

^Anybody ever see that^

Apparently it's a link to the blog of one of the old WWE writers. The link above is a story about Katie Vick (not much that hadn't really been out there before, but still kinda interesting), and there's another post in there talking about the original plan for the World Title when the belts were split in 02.

This is a good link. The original plan for the two World titles was pretty interesting. I wonder if RVD ever knew how close he was to being the World Champion in 2002.

Maria just did a pretty fun interview for Playboy.com where she basically says she loves to suck dick.

1. Have any of your wrestling injuries ever affected your performance in bed?

WWE Diva Maria: Most of my injuries haven't really been anything too bad where I couldn't perform properly. But if I'm really beat up and sore then the guy can take a little bit of time with me and make me feel better. I would just kind of lay down and take it, rather than have to do any of the work.

2. What are your favorite sexual positions?

Diva Maria: I like being on bottom. I have so much control in the outside world, I don't necessarily want it when I'm in the bed. Depends on my mood. Sometimes I can be aggressive; other times I'm pretty passive.

3. What do you like to sleep in?

Diva Maria: I'm actually pretty plain, when it comes to what I sleep in. I just wear sweats to bed. But when I'm walking around the house, it's just me in a pair of shorts, or just some pants. I'm usually topless.

4. Are your natural breasts an asset when you're wrestling?

Diva Maria: Well, they move a little bit more -- the "Tiggers" like to bounce around. So when I'm in the ring I have to tape them in a little more than the ones that just sit there.

5. You call your boobs "Tiggers." What are your nicknames?

Diva Maria: I have a couple of nicknames. Kitty is the big one right now, from the way I act in bed -- from crawling or the way I arch my back during sex.

6. Do you prefer giving or receiving oral sex?

Diva Maria: Oh, definitely giving. Boys are gonna love that one!

7. Do you have any WWE crushes?

Diva Maria: Definitely John Cena. [but as far as classic wrestlers] I'd have to say Rowdy Roddy Piper -- it's all in the name. Rowdy Roddy Piper, come on! And he comes out in a skirt? I want to see what's going on there!

8. Is wrestling a turn-on?

Diva Maria: At times, yes, definitely. So many hormones...and people are threatening, and you're getting beat up, and it's so physical. It's definitely an aphrodisiac. Especially because it's so aggressive and I'm an aggressive person; I go after what I want. So to me, it goes hand in hand.

9. What's the craziest thing a WWE groupie has ever done to try to meet you?

Diva Maria: A dude jumped in my car the other day. He wanted to take a picture with me so bad that he literally jumped through my window and was in my lap. The only really scary experience I've ever had was with a drunk guy who wanted to take a picture with me. He might have grabbed my boob and he might have gotten a large elbow to the side and then thrown out of the building.

10. Where's the craziest place you've ever had sex?

Diva Maria: Oh, gosh, there've been a bunch. Of course I've done the whole pool table thing. Done the really, really disgusting dirty bathroom on a road trip. I hope my mom doesn't read this -- I've done the parents' bed. Never done it in the bathroom [on a plane] but I might have done a few acts in the seat sitting next to someone. I've done it in the car. I've done the balcony at a hotel...that one was recent.

11. What's your favorite part of your body, and what do guys like the most?

Diva Maria: After my eyes, I would definitely say my boobs because it does make me happy that I don't have to wear a bra and I'm good to go. They're all natural. Believe it or not [guys like] my eyes, but lately I've been getting BUTT comments. I haven't gotten those since high school, so maybe I'm doing something right in the gym lately. [Laughs]

12. Have you ever had sex in the ring?

Diva Maria: After a match, no. Would I like to? Yes. How hot would that be? Wrestlemania...and after Wrestlmania, spending some time in the ring...please! Knowing how many people were in there before. Ah! Amazing. We're all performers -- every single one of us. That would be amazing.

I read that Mates column as well and comparing the initial ideas to what actually happened is truly sad in terms of what could have been. To think, we could have been spared the whole Katie Vick angle, the HHH/Steiner crap, HHH burying Booker in that race baiting feud. What does it say about HHH's 2002-03 title run that his best feud over that time period was against a washed up Kevin Nash?

Instead we could have had RVD defending in quality matches vs. HBK, HHH, Jericho, etc. And call me crazy, but I've always wanted to see an RVD vs. Goldberg match.

I read that Mates column as well and comparing the initial ideas to what actually happened is truly sad in terms of what could have been. To think, we could have been spared the whole Katie Vick angle, the HHH/Steiner crap, HHH burying Booker in that race baiting feud. What does it say about HHH's 2002-03 title run that his best feud over that time period was against a washed up Kevin Nash?

Instead we could have had RVD defending in quality matches vs. HBK, HHH, Jericho, etc. And call me crazy, but I've always wanted to see an RVD vs. Goldberg match.

Will anyone ever get over this?