TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread, March 2008

Never been to Toronto, have you?

And honestly? I'll be the first to admit most Hab fans, including myself (and certainly the media) are a pretty fickle bunch.

The Gazette will throw players under the bus for a bad game and start up some bullshit rumour about how pathetic the player/coach is.

The Toronto Sun is hilarious to read, because its like a roller coaster. If they win, they go to the cup. Lose, fire the coach.

Agreed, but Steve Simmons is a tool.

Who's the biggest idiot out of the two so called columnists. Damien Cox or Steve Simmons.

I never bothered to read Simmons, but Cox annoys me with his daily sky is falling columns.

I always felt the Sun was way too pro-Leafs, while the Star was too anti-Leafs

Manny Fernandez has been cleared to return.

I'm almost hoping for him in the net against the Habs on thursday. He can't be any worse than Thomas this season (0-3, 4.94/.866). Gotta try something to beat the fucking Habs. I don't want to go 0-8 against them this year.

The Leafs beat the Islanders 2-1, but the game will be remembered for Rob Davison's goal on Toskala. Didn't see it? You will. I won't ruin it, but it'll be all over the sports shows.

Never been to Toronto, have you?

And honestly? I'll be the first to admit most Hab fans, including myself (and certainly the media) are a pretty fickle bunch.

The Gazette will throw players under the bus for a bad game and start up some bullshit rumour about how pathetic the player/coach is.

The Toronto Sun is hilarious to read, because its like a roller coaster. If they win, they go to the cup. Lose, fire the coach.

Remember when the Leafs lost the first two games of the season to Ottawa and the next day's Toronto Sun front headline was something like "Wait Until Next Year". Like Bob Barron says, they do it to sell papers. All Toronto media carries on with their constant hyper-dramatic BS talk to get attention... just last night, in the intermission after Toskala let in that weird bouncy 175 ft "shot", Kypreos and co. were basically insinuating that Toskala was finished or that he allowed the goal because he was tired of playing. Then I read somewhere that in the 2nd intermission, Kypreos retracted his idiotic statements.

A lot of weird shit has happened to the Leafs this season though, I'm not even sure if that 175 footer was the strangest thing.

Kypreos said the Steve Downie hit was legal. Then two days later, he said Downie shouldn't be playing in the NHL.

Now here's a question. Would Andrew Raycroft stopped that shot?

Guest Moots
Not this year, but next year for sure, the tandem of Price/Halak is going to be unstoppable.

As much of a fan of Halak's as I am, to say that this goaltending duo with its obvious wealth of experience is going to be unstoppable is one of the most Habs fan biased things I have ever heard.

And yes Halak is better than price.......Don't ask Canadian Guitarist though....He doesn't know who Halak is, and is still waiting for the NHL debut of some french canadian goalie named "Lesac"

As much as I liked moving huet, save for getting nothing for him, It'll be a few years until either goalie can show they are the long term goaltending solution for the habs.

Not this year, but next year for sure, the tandem of Price/Halak is going to be unstoppable.

As much of a fan of Halak's as I am, to say that this goaltending duo with its obvious wealth of experience is going to be unstoppable is one of the most Habs fan biased things I have ever heard.

And yes Halak is better than price.......Don't ask Canadian Guitarist though....He doesn't know who Halak is, and is still waiting for the NHL debut of some french canadian goalie named "Lesac"

As much as I liked moving huet, save for getting nothing for him, It'll be a few years until either goalie can show they are the long term goaltending solution for the habs.

How's Christian Hueslius doin this year, fucko?

Guest Moots

How's Christian Hueslius doin this year, fucko?

HEY DON'T YOU SAY ONE BAD WORD ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOUR YOU JOO! It's easy to talk down from your mountain of joo gold. He's got 24 goals, and 40 assists. 64 points is by no stretch a bad season. Hes 32nd in points.

He's better than Jerome can't decide what colour I am Igin---la worst player in the NHL.

And don't call me fucko. It sounds so angry. Dude do you remember how excited I was when you told me his name was lesac. Man there's no chance we will lose, consider the game in Lesac.

In other news......

What a crazy night, again! The Rangers beat the Devils in a shootout, 2-1. The Devils took an early lead 1-0, and incredibly, the game wasn't boring, but instead, pretty entertaining. Rangers get the tie with about three minutes to play. The Devils do get the OT point, giving them first alone, with a game at hand.

Buffalo scores SIX straight, to overcome a 4-1 third-period deficit to win 7-4. This helps them leapfrog Washington, at least for now. Looks like it'll be for at least a few more days, too: Chicago opened with four first-period goals.

And again, someone got hurt because of the stupid touch icing call. Luckily for Kurtis Foster of the Wild, he had a broken femur, but it could have been much worse.

If anyone is stuck watching games or doesn't have access to NHL CI, a guy I chat with on MIRC made his own hockey streaming website and is going to be showing free games till the end of the weekend. www.hockeystreams.tv. I don't know how well the quality of games are but they are there.

Komisarek got hurt in tonights victory. I don't like this at all, and that means more ice time for Mr. Francois "I am an undersized defenceman that should be a forward" Boullion.

My only hope now is someone crippling that smarmy fuck Kovalev. If the Bruins can't make the playoffs, and they don't deserve to after this month that they've had, cripple someone.

Z's still hurt, I'm convinced. I don't think he should be back yet, but when your team scores like, three goals in the five games you miss, I have to think he wanted to get back in in the worst way.