TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Post youtubes of TV show intros you liked.

When I was thinking of how much TV I thought I watched as a child, I realized that my short attention span precluded me from sticking around past the theme song.

PBS would get more donations if its programs had more waka/jawaka.

broomhead.

I really really like the punchy brass here.

This or M*A*S*H is the most depressing sitcom theme ever. I always associate this song with the summer of 2001, when this was on TNN all the time. So was Newhart, but I can't find a good Newhart intro on youtube. I also associate it with being a little kid and knowing that I was staying up unacceptably late.

I never watched TJ Hooker, but I was flicking channels one night when this came on A&E (I think). It's awesome.

Sheldon Turnipseed

Inertia is a property of matter.

We're really going heavy on the PBS stuff, aren't we? Thus,

I'd be perfectly happy if nobody had ever done an inappropriate parody of this show. (Family Guy.) I feel it should be off-limits. The best kids' show ever, as far as I'm concerned. If I have kids, I'll make them watch it. Just listening to that song gives me the warm and fuzzies.

A TV show intro I never liked. Even amidst Nick Jr. shows of 1991, this was a retarded premise for a show.

Before hundreds of channels on digital cable, watching premium television was a big fucking deal. Free TV couldn't afford to waste billable minutes with GIANT FUCKING LETTERS IN SPACE!

Wish they would release more seasons of this on DVD.

Anything with Abe Vigoda is going to be great.

Simply classic. The best storytelling for a cartoon ever.

Better than the TJ Hooker theme: ODB screaming "Big Baby Jesus I can't wait nigga fuck that I can't wait." over the TJ Hooker theme.

^^^

I looked that up, too, but decided against posting it.

No Newsradio intro on youtube? Damn.

Star Blazers. This show rocked.

The Muppet Show. Gonzo hits the note correctly!

Dead Like Me. Showtime can fuck off for cancelling it.

The best one I could find, maybe someone can do better. I remember the song being much longer than that.. talking about all the characters and shit. "Somebody hank and George and the harbour master too", but yeah.

A TV show intro I never liked. Even amidst Nick Jr. shows of 1991, this was a retarded premise for a show.

At first I thought that intro was kinda odd but it's probably because Sharon Lois and Bram are/were known commodities in Canada so there probably wasn't some drugged out kid saying "Sharon", "Lois" and "Bram" in the intro.

Anyways,

Voltron:

M.A.S.K. Awesome, except for the Scott and T-Bob parts:

Transformers. This particular intro was probably the best thing about Season 4 aside from the Fort Max reveal:

G.I. Joe The Movie. A bit of a cheat on the topic at hand? Perhaps:

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. Again, doesn't really count since this is an outro:

The Electric Company. 'Nuff said:

Vision On. TVOntario used to show this show, which was something like Monty Python for kids:

The best part of French class. Unfortunately, the intro is animated, as opposed to the puppet talking pineapple you would see in the show.