TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Broadway Brett beats retirement!

Sometime's I think we do. But hopefully periodic posts with all capital letter's will solve the problem.

apostrophe s

cow's

Rodger's

DO WE NEED A FUCKING APOSTROPHE SEMINAR?

The "cow's" thing was because I was going to write something different and didn't backspace far enough.

According to Mike and the Mad Dog, Favre just asked for his release. What a douchebag.

Guest Vitamin X

As a Packers fan, I'm sick of it. Favre has lost a ton of respect in my eyes.

As a Packers fan, I'm sick of it. Favre has lost a ton of respect in my eyes.

Well he's just acting like a little kid. He can't make up his damn mind and everyday we hear something new. He's just yanking everyone around and he can't make up his mind. He's really reminding me of a woman.

Guest Vitamin X

Totally fucking retarded. This is exactly what I was talking about a couple pages ago; there's no way this ends up being a good scenario. Favre wants to come back to the team, the Packers let him, and they totally screw up months of work and preparation that they've had with Rodgers running the new offense, plus Rodgers would rightfully get pissed and ask for HIS release or trade, thereby screwing the Packers' future at QB (except they'll have Brohm and Flynn around, so maybe that's not too bad). Or, Favre asks for his release which sends Wisconsinites into an uproar at how terrible the franchise is treating their QB and the thought of Favre in another uniform is too much to bear, plus putting his huge salary on the books for the remainder of the contract he has (which is 3 years) which would be absolved if he would just stay retired.

I'm moving this Favre nonsense into the retirement thread.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Favre end up in Minnesota. Although I don't know if he'd be that ballsy to come back, ask for a release, and then go to one of Green Bay's biggest rivals.

The Vikings are one of the top teams in the NFC though, or certainly would be with Favre, badly need a QB and he's always played really well in the Metrodome.

Guest Vitamin X
I wouldn't be surprised to see Favre end up in Minnesota. Although I don't know if he'd be that ballsy to come back, ask for a release, and then go to one of Green Bay's biggest rivals.

The Vikings are one of the top teams in the NFC though, or certainly would be with Favre, badly need a QB and he's always played really well in the Metrodome.

..... WHAT?!

Guest Vitamin X

True, while we're at it, the Lions could go back to playing in the Silverdome, where he traditionally completed far more passes to Lions than Packers as well (not so much at Ford Field, though).

The Deadspin comments on this are great. Here's a few good ones:

I guess all the pharmacies in Mississippi said no to his applications.

THATS IT! BACK TO WINNIPEG!

He's really banking on that Something About Mary sequel.

Favre is planning on having a press conference in the next few days regarding when he's going to have a press conference about what teams he may be considering going to which he will announce at a future press conference.

Packers will not release Favre

FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel both report that the Packers would "never" release Brett Favre, as he requested Friday. They would rather trade him or make him Aaron Rodgers' backup.

Favre won't back up anyone, but the Packers won't just give away Favre for free. Glazer writes that Favre was set to un-retire in late March, with both GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy's approval. The Packers even chartered a jet for Favre to announce his return, but Favre changed his mind yet again two days before the scheduled announcement. The Packers then smartly decided to move on. This helps explain the team's motivations and why they will continue to play hardball

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8335678/Sources

In a totally unrelated but related sense, this sort of reminds me of when Alan Shearer said he'd retired from Football, then decided to stay on one more season just to beat Jackie Milburn's all time goal scoring record for Newcastle United. As a Newcastle fan I was delighted, but others around me said Shearer was just being selfish and doing it for himself and didn't care about the team.

With all do respect to Brett Favre, has overextended his stay in the NFL. Brett had a phenomenal season. If you go back and watch the playoff game where they were eliminated by the Giants, you can see that he doesn't even want to be on the field anymore.

The Age of Rodgers.

In a totally unrelated but related sense, this sort of reminds me of when Alan Shearer said he'd retired from Football, then decided to stay on one more season just to beat Jackie Milburn's all time goal scoring record for Newcastle United.

Except Favre already owns all of the meaningful career passing records. I'm not sure what his desire to continue playing is based on, other than that he doesn't know what else to do with himself.

As odd as it may sound, I'm really leaning towards being in favor of the Bucs trading for Favre should the opportunity arise. I mean, if we're going to go with a QB in his late 30s (and Jon Gruden is our coach, so that's a given), I'd rather have Favre under center than Garcia. And I would imagine that Favre would rather go to a team that might be just a few pieces away like Tampa than go to Miami or Baltimore, who are years away from being competitive.

Why can't people just do what they say anymore? This doesn't begin and end with Brett Favre. Retire or don't retire. Is it that difficult to pick one or the other? It goes beyond what he should do and is more simply picking one option and sticking to it so people don't just stick around wondering what is going to happen. The indecisiveness by the world in general these days is disgusting.

Guest !!!

WANT.jpg

I WANT IT. We came around on Jim Edmonds; we can come around on Brett Favre. Even so far past his prime, he gets the Bears closer to a world championship than Rex Grossman, Caleb Hanie, and yes, even Kyle Orton.

..... WHAT?!

Oh, right, he's played really awful in the Metrodome. I knew it was one or the other.

I agree with the Packers not wanting to release Favre. Why the hell would they do that? They would get nothing for him and he could wind up with a division rival to boot. I've been with Favre on this for the most part until this development. Packers should now just trade him to some AFC team that doesn't have a decent QB.

I agree with the Packers not wanting to release Favre. Why the hell would they do that? They would get nothing for him and he could wind up with a division rival to boot. I've been with Favre on this for the most part until this development. Packers should now just trade him to some AFC team that doesn't have a decent QB.

The only problem with a trade is what kind of value you would get. Teams wouldn't know how long they would get Favre and if they know that the Packers are desperately trying to unload him then it weakens what the Packers can bargain for @ the negotiating table.

Guest Vitamin X

Or they could just Keyshawn Brett.

Man, of all my years as a Packer fan I could NEVER fucking envision Favre getting Keyshawned, or even being mentioned in the same sentence.