TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 3.4.08 (Championship Night)

Chavo beating Punk clean..what a awesome booking decision.

Fixed for truth.

No. See, the problem is..people don't care about Chavo Guerrero, especially as ECW champion. The only reason he should have ever gotten the title was so that Punk could win it back. But yet again, he beats Punk and this time he does it clean, making it look like Punk has had his last chance and will have to move on. It's so boring and stupid.

I swear it looked like they were building that match for Punk's victory, and then DAMMIT, Chavo won again.

Although it was a good match. I really hope they blow it off with an extreme rules match or something...or if this is the end of the angle...well, it sucks. Punk is the most over guy on the roster, what's left for him on ECW? Who could possibly feud with Chavo?

Fixed for truth.

No. See, the problem is..people don't care about Chavo Guerrero, especially as ECW champion. The only reason he should have ever gotten the title was so that Punk could win it back. But yet again, he beats Punk and this time he does it clean, making it look like Punk has had his last chance and will have to move on. It's so boring and stupid.

Punk lost clean at NWO as well. Hell, Punk lost to Morrison about 4 times before he won the title.

I don't think they'll build to an extreme rules match since WM will already have a couple big brawls and they have given the tag title match that stip for next week. Chavo-Punk hasn't been enough of a blood feud to warrant it.

Fixed for truth.

I swear it looked like they were building that match for Punk's victory, and then DAMMIT, Chavo won again.

Although it was a good match. I really hope they blow it off with an extreme rules match or something...or if this is the end of the angle...well, it sucks. Punk is the most over guy on the roster, what's left for him on ECW? Who could possibly feud with Chavo?

You mean ECW right? Because I'm sure Jeff Hardy would disagree, and a few others.

Fixed for truth.

You mean ECW right? Because I'm sure Jeff Hardy would disagree, and a few others.

Pretty sure he meant from ECW. I'd say he's #3 on the SD/ECW group behind Batista and Undertaker, so he's in good position. (Rey is out and Flair moves around too much to count)

Fixed for truth.

Pretty sure he meant from ECW. I'd say he's #3 on the SD/ECW group behind Batista and Undertaker, so he's in good position. (Rey is out and Flair moves around too much to count)

I know this is off-topic, but...I'm a girl, guys?

Here is the thing though. Why keep booking Punk getting shot after shot on TV/PPV when it means he's just jobbing? Can't Punk just squash some jobber or have a decent match with anyone else, or can't Chavo defend against anyone besides Punk? Build to a rematch, guys.

It's like they care so little about ECW that they just book the same stuff over and over.

Fixed for truth.

I know this is off-topic, but...I'm a girl, guys?

Honestly, I didn't even see who made the comment.

I like the way they book ECW. It seems like every match in the Punk/Chavo series, They are learning new ways to counter each other and not making the same mistakes they did in their previous matches. They did the same thing with Punk/Morrison and Moore/Yang vs Miz/Morrison. I don't mind seeing the same guys wrestle every week, if the matches are good.

Fixed for truth.

We get it. You hate anything involving Punk. :rolleyes:

God forbid I don't like a bland wrestler that's a second rate shitty knock off of KENTA.

Exactly! Every time I watch CM Punk give somebody a GTS, I cannot help but think about how he is ripping off KENTA. I also think about how he is ripping off KENTA with all of the other maneuvers that he has been using for years and years. He also rips off KENTA when he is cutting his promos as well.

Man, this guy is such a KENTA knock off. I can't even think about his name without thinking about KENTA.

Hate him or not, you have to give Punk credit for agreeing to so many clean losses. He can still keep himself over and strong and build such a legitimacy to rematches and feuds with actual wins/losses. So refreshing to see rather than week in and week out of non finishes for corners the WWE had booked themselves into.

Hate him or not, you have to give Punk credit for agreeing to so many clean losses. He can still keep himself over and strong and build such a legitimacy to rematches and feuds with actual wins/losses. So refreshing to see rather than week in and week out of non finishes for corners the WWE had booked themselves into.

what do you mean by agreeing?

Wrestling is a work. Hope I didn't spoil anything for you.

Fixed for truth.

We get it. You hate anything involving Punk. :rolleyes:

God forbid I don't like a bland wrestler that's a second rate shitty knock off of KENTA.

Exactly! Every time I watch CM Punk give somebody a GTS, I cannot help but think about how he is ripping off KENTA. I also think about how he is ripping off KENTA with all of the other maneuvers that he has been using for years and years. He also rips off KENTA when he is cutting his promos as well.

Man, this guy is such a KENTA knock off. I can't even think about his name without thinking about KENTA.

Right. Because like 99% of WWE's audience has even heard of or seen KENTA before.

I think he means.. he won't have a choice if he has to drop the title.

Punk can't agree to lose it, he has to do what he's told.

You sir get a cookie.

Wrestling is a work. Hope I didn't spoil anything for you.

Thanks, dick. I was merely pointing out that top faces, most of the time, never lose to heels unless its underhanded. I just assume, which may be my mistake, that Punk didn't politic real hard to make sure he was booked stronger at the other guy's expense. At the same time, I don't remember him being in the doghouse, and these would signify, at least to me, that he is more in favor of clean finishes regardless if it's him taking the fall.

Thanks for pointing out that wrestling is a work, though. You're all so cool with your sarcasm.

I'd like to see Stevie get into the MITB match - it would raise his stature on the brand even if he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. Stevie was hurt in a garbage match when the barrier was dropped on his neck, so there is storyline potential here with Stevie risking his health by entering the MITB match. Hell you could have him go against docters orders, have his wife ask him not to compete in it sorta deal.

The problem with Chavo as champion is that there is no compelling matches for him in ECW. I mean I'd like to see Benjamin vs Chavo, but more as a one-off match than a prolonged feud and both are heels right now. It's way the hell too soon for a Chavo vs Kofi feud, Chavo vs Dreamer is blah. What other faces are there? ECW is the land of heels.

Thanks for pointing out that wrestling is a work, though. You're all so cool with your sarcasm.

Boy, that wasn't called for. Having a bad day?

Look on the bright side everyone. Now that Punk's, hopefully, finished with feuding with Chavo, we can all go back to thinking up mad, outlandish fantasy booking scenarios involving him, no matter how short the odds of it happening or making sense!

Was anyone else pumped when Palumbo rode out during the Kane match? Palumbo/Kane should be able to put on some good matches, I'm looking forward to their Smackdown! match. I love that that whole Kane squash was only so Palumbo could come out and ride around. I love heel Palumbo.

Boy, that wasn't called for. Having a bad day?

Sorry, man. I guess it's a pet peeve of mine to be misunderstood and then instead of someone wanting clarification to further conversation, just take a jab instead and kill it. I know you guys didn't know what I meant and then couldn't comment, but that gets me sometimes. Apologies.

Was anyone else pumped when Palumbo rode out during the Kane match? Palumbo/Kane should be able to put on some good matches, I'm looking forward to their Smackdown! match. I love that that whole Kane squash was only so Palumbo could come out and ride around. I love heel Palumbo.

I don't know what the exact opposite of "pumped" is, but I was that. I hate Palumbo in any form, face or heel.

Well no it appears she's with Koffi Kingston because they both are K.K. and they both agree with Maria's decision to pose for Playboy. A perfectly logical start to any relationship. Noble was getting TV time with Hornswoggle before he was revealed as McMahon's son; and he was an agent for the Cruiserweights when that division still existed, so they like Noble enough.

I was just referencing how they ended Balls/Kelly without an on air mention after months of build up to the date. Thus, they are just as likely to ignore Jamie/Michelle in a month when Michelle is "with" Matt Hardy or someone. Noble will still find a spot on the show as he should. I just needed to point out WWE's inability to keep on screen relationships in order.