TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser_Brody_

Patrick Swayze to die...

This situation has really touched me, so I made this:

1201107962ftm3b.jpg

That's fucking great.

I saw this on Rotten Tomatoes and though I should post it here:

A family friend revealed: "There's nothing more doctors can do for him. The goal now is to keep him comfortable.

"They have stopped the chemo. He's still losing weight and is very weak. He's taking morphine. That and the cigarettes seem to keep him functioning through the pain."

Swayze first realised his health was failing a year ago as he celebrated the start of 2008 with his wife Lisa Niemi, and found it painful to drink champagne.

Don't know how many times I've seen Roadhouse. That's up there with the first Smokey and the Bandit, as far as all-timers go for me. But, hell, we all gotta go sometime.

Maybe not, but the chemo ain't fun.

"They have stopped the chemo. He's still losing weight and is very weak. He's taking morphine. That and the cigarettes seem to keep him functioning through the pain."

I find that funny as hell. Dude's dying of cancer, and he's still smoking. Not as though quitting would do anything for him now...instead, it's just a big fuck you top the cancer.

Maybe not, but the chemo ain't fun.

I find that funny as hell. Dude's dying of cancer, and he's still smoking. Not as though quitting would do anything for him now...instead, it's just a big fuck you top the cancer.

My grandfather drank to ease the pain. I guess people have to do anything to cope with the pain.

Looks like it won't be long.

US Magazine is reporting.....

"Actor Patrick Swayze has cancelled filming on his new show and has boarded a private jet with his wife and mother to go to a ranch in New Mexico.

It is expected he is going there so spend his last days.

Swayze ended his chemotherapy at Cedar Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles late last week as a friend of his told US Magazine that the doctors said he wasn't responding anymore and basically there was nothing more they could do other than have him prepare to be as comfortable as possible for the next few weeks."

This sucks.

My mother in law just passed away from colon cancer this past Tuesday. Last August she was given three months to live, so she fought it off way longer then expected. The emotions aren't as bad when you have that long to prepare, but it still hurts when the time comes. She was originally diagnosed a few years ago, and chemo really helped, it went into remission for about a year, but when it came back it came back with a vengeance. The worst feeling is the fact that this is the one thing I can't really fix or make better for my wife. She is handling it pretty well given the circumstances though.