TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

Tropic Thunder

This picture...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20182058,00.html

had me rolling. But the actual premise of the movie is intriguing. I'm always up for anything spoofing on hollywood (or spoofing anything in general), hollywood is such a mixed bag of crap now that it seems ripe for something like this.

I don't care much for Ben Stiller, I hated Zoolander, yet I am intrigued by this (I love war movies, so I'm not sure what I'd think of a satire of them)

The teaser is fuckin sweet....

plus some more pics came out today...i mean what isn't to love about "shit blowing up" and mother nature pissing her pantsuit...

this is gonna be excellent

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME trailer! the stuff with downey is going to be gold, and the rest of it looks pretty damn funny as well. Nice to see nick nolte is still kicking around, seems perfect for the role hes playing.

I have to say, between this bizarre and hilarious role and Iron Man this has got to be Downey, Jr.'s year. Could it be he's finally living up to his potential?

So I saw the film last night as part of an audience test screening and it's a very funny film.

Unlike most comdies these days, this didn't feel over-long and the funny kept up with the pace of the film.

Stiller was pretty good in his role, but not as good as Zoolander.

Downey Jr. was awesome and should get much praise for the film.

Jack Black was ok as the fat comedian with

a drug problem (although his line, if you untie me I'll suck your dick right now. I'll cradle the balls and work the shaft really had me laughing.

I esspecially liked Tom Cruise as the company owner. It really came out of left field and I wasn't expecting it. He looked great and him dancing to Flowridas had me in stiches

And there were some great cameos. Some really good cameos.

Overall, I'd say check it out.

Between Downey and the last 10 seconds, that red band trailer might seriously be better than 90% of whatever comes out of Hollywood this year.

I have to agree with you on this. This movie looks freakin' awesome.

The trailer got no reaction when it came on when I saw Hancock the other day :( I liked the look of it, but was put off by the no sell of the people around me haha I'm so weak.

Everywhere i've seen the trailer its gotten an excellent response...plus the screening reviews have been really positive as well...

There's also a full site for rain of madness (which looks awesome i might add) they are really going above and beyond with the marketing for this film, and i'm loving it.

http://www.rainofmadness.com/

"I don't drop character until I'm done with the DVD commentary."

Hilarious movie. Honestly, I was expecting it to be hit and miss, but I loved it.

Tom Cruise pretty much stole the show.

Just saw on the news that people are protesting the movie because they make fun of people with disabilities. I mean really it's just a fucking movie....dont like it, dont watch it.

Weird day ... I work for a newspaper out here in Montana and, while I count down the minutes before I get to leave and go see this movie, I get assigned a story on the local Special Olympics group calling for a boycott of the movie.

I seriously could not contain my laughter while I wrote a lede using the word "retarded." I should not have been writing that story.

Cut to the movie, the conversation between Tugg and Lazarus about not going "full retard," classic stuff. Probably the best part for me.

Yeah this was hilarious. From the hysterical opening faux trailers to the nods to Nam movies for those who have seen them (Platoon, Apocalypse Now, etc.). Jack Black was actually better in this than I thought he was going to be from the trailer, since he had the least amount of screen time in the preview.

But of course this was all about Downey, Jr. being the man. I sorta wish he had dressed in drag for a scene while also in the blackface act, just to piss everyone off.

Not sure exactly what to think of Tom Cruise in this. He was really....weird. I was just in disbelief at him more than laughing, anyone else feel the same way? You could tell the McConaughey role was supposed to have been Owen Wilson.

Guest Smues

I have no interest in seeing the movie, but I'm amazed by the all the protests over it. Even in Anchorage we've got the local special olympics group and the ARC of Anchorage protesting outside theaters. This can't be the first movie to poke fun at retards, can it?

Ironically, this isn't the first Ben Stiller movie to make fun of retards. There's Something About Mary did as well. I don't think Tropic Thunder really made fun of retards, but rather, it made fun of actors who will go to any length to get recognition for their work.