TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

Brushes With Dubious Fame

I've met Bob Barron so many

times, I feel like I should take a picture with the dude or something

Honestly though, every time I'm about to see him, my mind makes me believe im about to meet Regal from his avatar.

Dames

My cousin was one of the Brady kids in those Brady revival movies that came out in the 90s. I think he was either Greg or Peter, I'd have to check.

EDIT: He played Greg.

Edited by KingPK

I had a friend in High School who was cousins with Michael Patrick Jann from "The State" on MTV. Met him at a graduation party. Said he was looking into directing a feature film after years of directing commercials. He would later direct "Drop Dead Gorgeous" with Kirsten Dunst, Denise Richards, etc.

I think I mentioned this before but I saw Sherri Martel jump in a limo with Hulk Hogan after a House Show in Albany. That was confusing as a mark.

My friend got into a shouting match with Luke Wilson. They were around here shooting "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" and the dude seems like an asshole.

I also went to Junior High with the kid that was in the movie "It Takes Two" with the Olsen Twins, Kirstie Alley...and I believe Steve Guttenberg. He was the very nerdy kid with the glasses that, at some point during the film, is eating Sloppy Joes and gets it all over his face.

I believe that was the first and last movie he might have ever been in. Like a falling star, his career started out bright but descended into darkness.

His Facebook profile is also rather pretentious now that I think about it. He portrays himself as an artist but has absolutely no art to show for it.

Anthony Head came to my secondary school once to talk to my drama class. He was really cool, even laughed at my really lame nervous jokes about Amazon and Ebay. Sadly, I eventually lost his autograph.

I met Chris Jericho once, that was pretty cool. Well, not really actually, I got really anxious there as well. My mum had to ask him to talk to me after I made four attemps to muscle up the energy to do so myself. He's really short, I was only about 5'9" at the time and I still towered over him. I said something along the lines of "I'm a big fan of yours from England", which sounds really dorky, but still, he laughed at it.

This happened at some big theme park in Florida that I can't remember the name of, by the way.

About the most B-level I can think of was Nikki Sixx when I lived in Vegas.

Everyone else has been top notch bitches.

I met George Costanza at Disneyland, and he was a major asshole.

I met Sean Connery at Dos Gringos is Scottsdale. He told me, "have a good night, sir" and I nearly came.

I met The Coach at a 50s diner in Stamford. He is like 6'5” or around that height. He is a nice guy. Even though I wanted to kick him in the nuts for being so awful.

I met Aludra Blaze/Medusa back stage at the only WWF show ever in Stamford. She was really nice, and hitting on my older brother.

I met former Sec. Of State Colin Powell back in 99 at a school trip and he was one of the nicest people I ever met.

I also sold a smaller weber grill to Ahmad Rashad at my old job.

My grandfather went on dates with the original Elly Mae Clampett back in the day before she got famous.

As far as me, just mostly nfl football players.

Bubba Rae Dudley bled on me at an ECW house show in 98.

If fan interaction at professional wrestling shows counts, then I once high fived Mick Foley. I gave him the thumbs up right afterwards, and he looked amused. Fuck, how have I managed to come across as a total dork everytime I've seen a famous person?

I have a laundry list of interactions with celebrities/wrestlers. I have mentioned a few of them on here before, but I know I haven't told the full stories on some of them. Anyway, if you want more details on any of these, just ask:

(In no particular order)

1. Watched Jenna Jameson finger herself on the beach at Panama City Beach.

2. In the same pool and hotel at PCB with Steve-O, Pontius, and WeeMan (same trip).

3. Same trip to PCB, it was the last Nitro. WCW and WWF were both there (moreso WCW). I won their Mr. Nitro Contest and hung out with Mike Sanders, Booker T, Kanyon, Jeff Jarrett, Jimmy Yang, Sean O'Haire, and I a few others that are slipping my mind. Booker and Kanyon cut promos with me on my video camera.

4. Met Pat Patterson and Sylvain Grenier at Pike Place Market in Seattle before WMXIX. This was before Sylvain started wrestling. He had a hot chick with him.

5. Interacted with Brock Lesnar very brieflyat Pike Place Market. I neglected to mention that he and my best friend's older brother were banging the same chick two years prior.

6. Went to the AXXESS show before WMXIX and talked with Kanyon again. Chatted with the Fink for about 15 minutes. Talked with Eddie Guerrero and Chavo. Tried to ask a question to the Rock during his interview session, but I was the next guy in line when Rock's time was up (Fink was the emcee, and we had just chatted. He was coming to me and my buddy for questions almost every segment.)

7. Talked to Eli Manning on the phone at 4AM while talking to Byron Leftwich, Troy Brown, and a QB that didn't make it to the NFL.

8. Had a Journalism class with Chad Pennington, and he and I were in a two-man group for projects in that class.

9. This guy might get drafted this year in the NFL, so in a few months, it could be more relevant. I got into a bar fight with Bernard Morris, Marshall's QB of the future at the time. I was choking him out when he grabbed a beer bottle of a table and hit me in the eye with it.

10. I met John COugar Mellencamp on three separate occasions at Myrtle Beach when I was younger. He vacationed there the same week we always went down there, and he always stayed at the same hotel.

11. Met Terry Bradhsaw and got his autograph.

12. Met Mike Singletary and got his autograph.

13. Met General Jack Keane in January. He is an analyst for ABC News, and a consultant for the White House.

14. Had a ton of interaction with Rick Huckaby, a musician. He gets radio play and has released a couple of albums, but I'm quite sure none of you have ever heard of him.

15. Randy Moss called me "dog" once.

16. Jamie Noble is from the town that neighbors my hometown. I used to work out at the smae fitness center that he did, and talked to him a few times.

17. I hung out and drank with The Godfather, Chainz, and Jim Dotson (security guy for WWF for a long time). Funny motherfuckers.

18. When I managed a bar, many NFL players came in their. They either went to Marshall or came in to town with people NFL guys that played at Marshall. Brandon Webb from the Diamondbacks, and Tamar Slay (used to play for the NJ Nets) came in there often as well.

Seems like there are more, but I'm drawing a blank.

19. Matthew McCounaghey and McG here in Huntington while filming "We Are Marshall."

20. If we are counting fan interaction at wrestling shows, Samoa Joe, Senshi, and Nigel McGuiness at a show with possibly 60 fans present. I was front row and McGuiness made me part of his match. Edit #2---I was a part of Tracy Brooks' match, too.

Well if we're counting interacting at wrestling show. I met Palmer Cannon (The "UPN Executive" on Smackdown!) several times at indy shows before he signed with the WWE. Surprisingly, he was the dominant babyface for the local indy that used to run right up the street from my house. He towered over the rest of the roster (He was 6'4 or 6'5 and I don't think anybody else on the roster was over 6'). His wife worked with my dad before he got signed to a developmental contract with WWE. Last I heard the guy was doing jiu-jitsu.

Michael Irvin and I took a piss together at the Palms in Vegas. Should have asked him for some crack.

You don't have the balls, Screech. Atleast I had the balls to talk shit to Batista and had him threaten to kick my ass in the parking out... B-) Like I said, EHME ain't no bitch!

Anyway, I also met Steven Segal... He was here in Calgary filming that movie Exit Wounds with DMX in it. He was pretty laid back.

I met Chris Benoit... twice, was a very nice guy. I have really nothing bad to say about him. I met the whole Hart Family pretty much, I went to high school with Bret Hart's son(Blade Hart), and Dynamite Kid's son. Blade Hart seemed to try to hard to fit in and tried to buy his friends, he was a nice kid, but damn I really had no respect for him really. Dynamite Kid's son was pretty chill though.

I met Shelton Benjamin at a night club when RAW came to Calgary back in 2005... Dude is hilarous, plus he bought me shots.

I talked to Winky Wright and Evander Holyfield on the phone. Oh yeah and Rampage Jackson as well.

Anthony Head came to my secondary school once to talk to my drama class. He was really cool, even laughed at my really lame nervous jokes about Amazon and Ebay. Sadly, I eventually lost his autograph.

I met Chris Jericho once, that was pretty cool. Well, not really actually, I got really anxious there as well. My mum had to ask him to talk to me after I made four attemps to muscle up the energy to do so myself. He's really short, I was only about 5'9" at the time and I still towered over him. I said something along the lines of "I'm a big fan of yours from England", which sounds really dorky, but still, he laughed at it.

This happened at some big theme park in Florida that I can't remember the name of, by the way.

Busch Gardens?

I met author John Saul at a mall actually. I had to pause for a minute and go "...is that John Saul?" I asked him and he said he was. Told him that Creature was my favorite book in high school and we chatted for a few. Nice guy

Bah, I could list wrestlers all day.

Best wrestler meetings (polite, talkative and what have you, Stars next to the absolute best)

-Balls Mahoney

-*New Jack

-*Mikey Whipwreck

-Tommy Dreamer

-CM Punk

-Daizee Haze

-*Simon Diamond and Dawn Marie

-Jimmy Jacobs

-*Colt Cabana

-*Jack Evans

-Ms. Chif

-Molly Holly

-*Steve Corino

-*Nova

Greg Valentine, Vladimir Koloff, Sandman, Francine, Big Dick Hertz, Jerry Lynn, Bill Alfonso, and a few other rasslers.

Superstar Billy Graham called me to borrow some old wrestling magazines when he was writing his autobiography.

Ray Nitschke, Forrest Gregg, Paul Hornung, Willie Wood, Herb Adderly, Antonio Freeman, Adam Timmerman, Craig Newsome, Darren Sharper, John Michels, and a few other Packers at various events/training camps.

I passed Lou Reed on a sidewalk once, but he's A-List.

I went to junior high and was friends with Lil Fizz of B2K fame.

Saw Justin Fargas at a film festival.

Meet Method Man and Redman while working at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Meet Lance Bass at Six Flags as well.

Meet Julia-Louis Dreyfuss at Six Flags too.

Most of my celebrity meetings are at Six Flags, actually