TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

South Park: Season 12

As awesome it would have been for Randy to have been in that role, it made sense for it to be Gerald

The head of the World Canadian Bureau leads the country into a long and painful strike and the responsibility of brokering a settlement rests with the boys. Meanwhile, people from Denmark flock to the U.S. and cross the picket lines to take the place of the striking Canadians. In conflict over whether or not to stand with their countrymen, Terrance and Phillip uncover the truth behind the outrageous cost of the strike.

That was easily my favorite episode of the new season.

The internet superstar brawl and Butter's amazing video were all great (the highlight being Butters stroking the rose). But nothing can top the greatness of Stephen Abootman, guy. You understand that, buddy?

They really fucking buried the writers.

That was easily my favorite episode of the new season.

The internet superstar brawl and Butter's amazing video were all great (the highlight being Butters stroking the rose). But nothing can top the greatness of Stephen Abootman, guy. You understand that, buddy?

They really fucking buried the writers.

Great episode. I'm SO glad they buried the writers. They deserved every bit of it.

Awesome shot at Family Guy also.

Awesome episode, everything about it was hillarious. And it was great to see Star Wars Kid in there.

LEAVE TRON GUY ALONE!!

Meh. Wasn't feeling this one. Part of that may be due to the fact that I don't give a shit about viral videos and barely recognized anybody they were making fun of. I also didn't find the "friend, buddy, guy" thing to be funny at all, it was like one of those Al Gore "Super serial!" moments that I didn't even laugh the first time, let alone when they kept driving it into the ground. Was kinda surprised that they didn't take a single shot at the Hollywood studios themselves, and instead just blasted the WGA nonstop.

Which is odd, considering they are Hollywood writers. Of course, unlike 99% of writers, Matt and Trey are also executive producers on everything they do, so they never have to worry about getting fucked out of royalties or anything like that.

I think it was less bashing of the writers than bashing of the actual Union leadership itself. They seem to think that it was stupid to call a strike in when they lacked a good chance of changing things, and that it was leadership's fault for tricking them into striking at the wrong time.

Overall, I liked the episode. The Internet Battle Royale was hilarious, especially the Dramatic Prairie Dog.

TITLE: "EEK, A PENIS!"

Episode #1205/Air date: April 9, 2008

While Ms. Garrison is off trying to find a way to become the man he was

always intended to be, Cartman is put in charge of the classroom.

I was just watching the Imaginationland DVD commentary the other day and I never really realized just how last-minute these shows are finished. They said that they had a general idea of what they wanted to do with the trilogy but the night after the first part aired they still had no idea how to get to the ending. They always knew that imaginary Kyle would suck imaginary Cartman's balls but they really didn't know how to fill the 2nd episode and parts of the 3rd.

They only knew, for sure, from the beginning that Alien and Predator would be behind the wall, too. They put back in the woodland creatures because they said they always wanted to reuse them again until they remembered that they couldn't because they weren't real.

It was a pretty interesting commentary to listen to.

But I think, in general, that these things aren't done until Wednesday mornings.

A lot of the shows are done like that. Best Friends Forever wasn't finished until the morning of the show being aired and wasn't even scripted until the weekend.

A singing penis. It's official folks: Television has peaked.