TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

South Park: Season 12

It was a paint by numbers Ocean's parody, but I loved it. Best of the new episodes so far. The Jock Jams soundtrack during the Obama celebration/riot was the best part.

Parker did an interview with the L.A. Times and said that they only shot one episode and placed their bets that Obama was going to win. He said that they would have still shown it if McCain would have won.

It's not like there was much doubt Obama was going to win to be honest. It wasn't really all THAT risky.

This episode was EPIC. I fucking hate those HSM movies, but this was amazing. Parker and Stone are usually pretty good with musicals, and this was no exception. Brilliant!

Is it weird that I've never watched a single one of those HSM movies, yet laughed harder at this episode than at anything else South Park has done this season? And now after this I somehow have no desire whatsoever to watch any of those flicks. Pretty much agree with the pack here. Craig needs to permanently stay the meta-commentator on the boys' weird adventures. The physically abusive flaming queen dad was gold. I want a screencap of the quartet sitting their open-mouthed, and for it to replace facepalm gifs as the new lazy expression of disbelief. And I totally lost it when Kyle whipped out the jewfro. Classic shit all around.

This episode reminded me how much I want Parker and Stone to adapt South Park as a stage musical someday. Either an adaptation of the film or a new story, but those guys have always had a gift for musicals, amazingly.

"Damn Hybrids just won't frickin' cut it"

The season finale next week sounds great, "I Am Kenny", Kenny as the star of a takeoff of "I Am Legend".

me too, having every fuckin' episode available to watch anytime I want.

Is it weird that I've never watched a single one of those HSM movies, yet laughed harder at this episode than at anything else South Park has done this season? And now after this I somehow have no desire whatsoever to watch any of those flicks. Pretty much agree with the pack here. Craig needs to permanently stay the meta-commentator on the boys' weird adventures. The physically abusive flaming queen dad was gold. I want a screencap of the quartet sitting their open-mouthed, and for it to replace facepalm gifs as the new lazy expression of disbelief. And I totally lost it when Kyle whipped out the jewfro. Classic shit all around.

I've seen 1.5 of the HSM movies, they NAILED it.

I think the soundeffect of the slap made that joke. That little "pop" was hilarious everytime.

And was the last line of the song before they got interrupted "Ooh baby buy some glue?"

I lost it when he was looking at the neighbor, yelled at him, and then it suddenly did a quick-cut to him slapping the neighbor before quick-cutting back to him going into the house. It was like the opposite of a Family Guy joke, since it was done in a few seconds and actually funny.

The fake goth songs Matt and Trey were singing were great...especially "Burn down Hot Topic"...

Awesome.

I'm pretty sure Twilight was the direct inspiration for this because now all the pre-teens and early teens think they are vampires.

I thought they could've been a lot meaner with the satire on the current vamp fad. Compared to the crucifixion they inflicted on High School Musical last week, this one looked tame and toothless in comparison.